Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] glennerd56@gmail.com is offline

Default TC Electronics Finalizer LCD or PS is bad?

Hey guys, my 16 year old TC Finalizer has a dying lcd screen (Or so I thought?). I could use it by setting the view angle,but it got unusable. I need help trying to figure out if it,s the lcd or the power supply. I thought it was the lcd until I bought another tc product the 'dbmax" which uses the same ps. The dbmax had a bad ps so i took the one from the bad finalizer and put it in the db max.Then the db max started having the same lcd problems that my finalizer had. Bought a new ps for the dbmax and it works fine. Does a bad power supply make the screen go dim?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Hey guys, my 16 year old TC Finalizer has a dying lcd screen (Or so I thoug=
ht?). I could use it by setting the view angle,but it got unusable. I need =
help trying to figure out if it,s the lcd or the power supply. I thought it=
was the lcd until I bought another tc product the 'dbmax" which uses the =
same ps. The dbmax had a bad ps so i took the one from the bad finalizer an=
d put it in the db max.Then the db max started having the same lcd problems=
that my finalizer had. Bought a new ps for the dbmax and it works fine. Do=
es a bad power supply make the screen go dim?

Might. Or maybe you have some bad capacitor on some other board that is
pulling down the power supply. Get out the meter, measure the voltages
coming out of the supply loaded and unloaded and see if they match the
numbers in the schematic.

If the supply rail that powers the LED is sagging, you'll see that sort of
problem.

The Finalizer is at about the age when it might just be a good idea to
shotgun out all the electrolytics everywhere just to be safe.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Saturday, February 14, 2015 at 6:31:30 PM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
[...]

OK I will try in the am.

TC Finalizer 96K Rick Hull Pro Audio 1 September 14th 05 02:03 AM
FA: t.c. electronic Finalizer 96K -- $9.99 start bid no reserve JW Pro Audio 0 January 12th 05 01:59 AM
So what's the Finalizer verdict? Mondoslug1 Pro Audio 8 September 30th 03 08:51 PM
Finalizer T.C. Electronics Wizard Steven Sena Pro Audio 0 September 24th 03 02:27 AM
FS T.C. Electronics Wizard | Finalizer $775 R. Foote Pro Audio 1 September 21st 03 07:34 PM