Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

Default Please do not feed the troll.

At the local zoo there used to be a gorilla named Phil. His biggest recreation was throwing his own feces at spectators.

The more he got fed, the more he threw.

Paul
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 8:26:44 PM UTC-5, PStamler wrote:
At the local zoo there used to be a gorilla named Phil. His biggest recreation was throwing his own feces at spectators.

The more he got fed, the more he threw.

Paul

Here I am, young, standing by the largest water-cooled voice coil design for the world's largest woofer!!...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/john-1970.jpg

Seriously, some of the usenet "trolls" have provided some of the best information. I value everyone's input.

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 18/02/2015 2:44 p.m., JackA wrote:
On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 8:26:44 PM UTC-5, PStamler wrote:
At the local zoo there used to be a gorilla named Phil. His biggest
recreation was throwing his own feces at spectators.

The more he got fed, the more he threw.

Paul

Here I am, young, standing by the largest water-cooled voice coil
design for the world's largest woofer!!...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/john-1970.jpg

That explains why your posts seem like a 12-year-old !

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 9:31:59 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 18/02/2015 2:44 p.m., JackA wrote:
On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 8:26:44 PM UTC-5, PStamler wrote:
At the local zoo there used to be a gorilla named Phil. His biggest
recreation was throwing his own feces at spectators.

The more he got fed, the more he threw.

Paul

Here I am, young, standing by the largest water-cooled voice coil
design for the world's largest woofer!!...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abpsp/john-1970.jpg

That explains why your posts seem like a 12-year-old !

If I were your pet dog, I'd pee on your shoes!

Jack :-)

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

I'd like to take advantage of this thread to report the recent death of
Roger Carasso, "King of the Usenet Trolls" in the surf at Hawaii. Carasso
was one of the more innovative and inventive trolls during the golden age
of Usenet and appeared here with crossposted threads like the "rectal
microphone" and "blowjob on the monorail at Disneyland" discussions.

Many of the techniques employed by Carasso, such as crossposting to misc.test
so anyone replying to his posts would be barraged by email from autoresponders,
no longer work. However, his general method of crossposting to multiple
groups with deliberately offensive material in an attempt to create flame
wars between groups remains popular with trolls today.

The strange thing is that, much as Carasso annoyed the hell out of everyone,
he'll be missed. He at least had a sense of humor about it and a greater
degree of skill than you see folks trolling today using.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 19/02/2015 3:59 a.m., Scott Dorsey wrote:

The strange thing is that, much as Carasso annoyed the hell out of everyone,
he'll be missed. He at least had a sense of humor about it and a greater
degree of skill than you see folks trolling today using.
--scott

You don't find JackAss's and TheMoanSucks posts humorous ?

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote:
On 19/02/2015 3:59 a.m., Scott Dorsey wrote:

The strange thing is that, much as Carasso annoyed the hell out of everyone,
he'll be missed. He at least had a sense of humor about it and a greater
degree of skill than you see folks trolling today using.

You don't find JackAss's and TheMoanSucks posts humorous ?

Oh yes, and profitable too. But their trolling is pretty repetitive; they
each have an idee fixe and keep grinding it into the ground. Carasso was
far more innovative: he would come up with crazy things right and left that
had no connection. The creator of such fine newsgroups as alt.gooley and
alt.herve.villechaize.dead.dead.dead should not even be mentioned in the same
breath as our trolls here.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
geoff wrote:
Oh yes, and profitable too.

Link?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 5:23:06 PM UTC-5, None wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
geoff wrote:
Oh yes, and profitable too.

Link?

I initially thought, whoa, Top Dog!!! I was ready to shine his shoes...

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/scott-dorsey/3/b39/96

But, this is what to expect to find in Usenet!!..

http://www.kludgeaudio.com/

I'm impressed! Really!!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 3:04:28 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 19/02/2015 3:59 a.m., Scott Dorsey wrote:

The strange thing is that, much as Carasso annoyed the hell out of everyone,
he'll be missed. He at least had a sense of humor about it and a greater
degree of skill than you see folks trolling today using.
--scott

You don't find JackAss's and TheMoanSucks posts humorous ?

geoff

This, I must admit, is a remarkable accomplishment!! Simply amazing! Bet it took years!...

http://geoffwood.org/

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 19/02/2015 12:37 p.m., JackA wrote:
On Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 3:04:28 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 19/02/2015 3:59 a.m., Scott Dorsey wrote:

The strange thing is that, much as Carasso annoyed the hell out of everyone,
he'll be missed. He at least had a sense of humor about it and a greater
degree of skill than you see folks trolling today using.
--scott

You don't find JackAss's and TheMoanSucks posts humorous ?

geoff

This, I must admit, is a remarkable accomplishment!! Simply amazing! Bet it took years!...

http://geoffwood.org/

Jack

Neat, not only a troll, but a stalker too !

geoff