Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default New vs Old Cars

The new cars we have now are really remarkable in a lot of ways but
fixing up and modernizing an old one can be not only fun but give a
lot more useful vehicle sometimes.

The new cars are saddled with all kinds of high tech, most of which I
neither need nor desire. The current scam is TPMS (Tire Pressure
Monitoring System). All the new cars have to have it. It's an
unnecessary pain in the ass.

Then of course you have the cornucopia of safety and smog equipment
that again represent some arbitrary notion of what ought to be. If we
harmonized our emissions standards with Europe and Japan we would save
almost five percent of our total petroleum use as well as improve the
export prospects of our own cars and reduce costs to the car owner.
But noooo, we can't do that. Environmental whackoism is not LIKE a
religion, as Bob Whitaker correctly says of Political Correctness, it
IS a religion. As such it should be treated the same way as if the LDS
Church wanted coffee banished or the Seventh Day Adventists wanted all
stores to close on Saturday.

Just a thought.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 3, 7:07*pm, Bret L wrote:
[...]

Old cars have ****ty brakes. New cars have great breaks. Old cars
can't get all that horsepower to the wheels. New cars do. Old cars
have seats that mess up your lower back. New cars have lumbar support
systems. Old cars tend to bust up into pieces upon impact, with some
of those pieces often flying through the bodies of the occupants. New
cars have crumple zones, airbags and other safety features that
greatly improve your chances of surviving an accident.

Old cars are great for collecting. But they suck as daily drivers.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 3, 9:53*pm, Boon wrote:
On May 3, 7:07*pm, Bret L wrote:

[...]

Boon, you're talking to a guy who furnishes his home from church
rummage sales and flea markets. A person who could not afford a new
car if he saved his entire annual earnings for several years. ((Jesus
Christ, a guy who can drive his "home" to a new lot if he can find
somebody with a fifth wheel who will help him move it. Shhhh!))

Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
it is.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 3, 10:47*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On May 3, 9:53*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 3, 7:07*pm, Bret L wrote:

[...]

Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
Cobalt.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On May 3, 9:53*pm, Boon wrote:

Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
it is.

Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
Cobalt.

I remember in the 1980s I had an girlfriend who drove one. She called
me from a gas station and said her car had stopped running. I drove
out, opened the hood, and saw a dime-sized hole in the block.

POS is being polite, but Bratzi loves his. It's all he can afford
since he sends all of his money to that other broke-ass idiot Sailer.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
it is.

You couldn't FIND a Vega or pinto in existence in the Midwest except
for Vegas that were made into drag cars when new.

Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
Cobalt.

The Vega was indeed an "epic piece of ****". Even a broken clock such
as yourself is right twice a day.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 4, 12:37*am, Bret L wrote:
Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
it is.

*You couldn't FIND a Vega or pinto in existence in the Midwest except
for Vegas that were made into drag cars when new.

Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
Cobalt.

*The Vega was indeed an "epic piece of ****". Even a broken clock such
as yourself is right twice a day.

It's OK, Bratzi. For a couple of hundred bucks an hour I can find you
a woman ((one who's alive even. Shhhh!)) who will agree that your POS
vehicle is "kitschy".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Bret L wrote:

Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
it is.

You couldn't FIND a Vega or pinto in existence in the Midwest except
for Vegas that were made into drag cars when new.

Citizens of Nevada will be curious to learn when they moved to the
Midwest.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 4, 12:37*am, Bret L wrote:
Bratzi is trying to feel good about the 1974 Vega or Pinto that he's
forced to drive. He probably tries to impress women with how "kitschy"
it is.

*You couldn't FIND a Vega or pinto in existence in the Midwest except
for Vegas that were made into drag cars when new.

Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
Cobalt.

*The Vega was indeed an "epic piece of ****". Even a broken clock such
as yourself is right twice a day.

While you seem to be missing a big hand and a little hand, autistic
boy.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
Cobalt.

*The Vega was indeed an "epic piece of ****". Even a broken clock such
as yourself is right twice a day.

While you seem to be missing a big hand and a little hand, autistic
boy.

Vinylanatch, who died and left you a degree in psychiatry you could
put your name on as if you could have earned it?

You don't know your ass from a teakettle.

Your opinions on old cars are as dopey as those on audio. For
example, now in 2010, a Porsche 928 could be called an "old car". We
rarely see them out here, even though they were subject to the usual
Porsche galvanizing and so the tinworm hasn't impacted them badly. A
928 has brakes and roadholding on a par with current production cars,
and is a far better car than any rear engine Porsche. The seats are
first rate. First rate seats started with Recaro in the late
seventies, and one of the great things about project cars is you can
put any seats you want in them. The Bosch electrics are mediocre, but
most German cars still have Bosch electrics and they are still as
mediocre as ever.

That's why you're impressed with crap like Harbeth speakers and
koetsu cartridges. You see things in terms of preppy peer acceptance.
I don't like preppies or yuppies.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 4, 10:43*pm, Bret L wrote:
Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
Cobalt.

*The Vega was indeed an "epic piece of ****". Even a broken clock such
as yourself is right twice a day.

While you seem to be missing a big hand and a little hand, autistic
boy.

*Vinylanatch, who died and left you a degree in psychiatry you could
put your name on as if you could have earned it?

Wow, that makes about as much sense as something Scott would write.

If you don't think you're autistic, that's fine. But you exhibit
several textbook symptoms. Usually I would give an autistic person a
break, but you're spamming this newsgroup with a bunch of worthless
**** no one cares about.

*You don't know your ass from a teakettle.

You know better than that. You're just ****ed that I figured you out.

*Your opinions on old cars are as dopey as those on audio. For
example, now in 2010, a Porsche 928 could be called an "old car". We
rarely see them out here, even though they were subject to the usual
Porsche galvanizing and so the tinworm hasn't impacted them badly. A
928 has brakes and roadholding on a par with current production cars,
and is a far better car than any rear engine Porsche. The seats are
first rate. First rate seats started with Recaro in the late
seventies, and one of the great things about project cars is you can
put any seats you want in them. The Bosch electrics are mediocre, but
most German cars still have Bosch electrics and they are still as
mediocre as ever.

First you say that my opinions are dopey, and then you follow it up
with a lengthy, unrelated ode to the 928 that has nothing to do with
anything. Textbook autism.

*That's why you're impressed with crap like Harbeth speakers and
koetsu cartridges. You see things in terms of preppy peer acceptance.
I don't like preppies or yuppies.

Bull****. I like them because I've owned them and enjoyed them. If you
knew anything about audio, you'd know that Harbeths are very un-
yuppie. They're simple boxes. That's sort of the inside joke about
them...they're totally unfashionable. But you wouldn't know that
because you're some autistic dude working in a factory, living in a
trailer park, driving a '73 Dodge and spamming an audio group with
unwanted white supremacist tripe.

You're a HUGE ****ing loser, Ludwig. Even the most casual visitor to
RAO picks up on that in a hurry.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Bull****. I like them because I've owned them and enjoyed them. If you
knew anything about audio, you'd know that Harbeths are very un-
yuppie. They're simple boxes. That's sort of the inside joke about
them...they're totally unfashionable. But you wouldn't know that
because you're some autistic dude working in a factory, living in a
trailer park, driving a '73 Dodge and spamming an audio group with
unwanted white supremacist tripe.

You're a HUGE ****ing loser, Ludwig. Even the most casual visitor to
RAO picks up on that in a hurry.

I don't live in a trailer park, I don't work in a factory, I have
other vehicles besides the Dodge, and I know the Harbeths have one
thing yuppies love-a big fat long price tag.

Sometimes i wonder as to whether you are a status building yuppie or
just a big sanitary pad wearing technically ignorant sissy.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On May 4, 10:59*pm, Boon wrote:
On May 4, 10:43*pm, Bret L wrote:

Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
Cobalt.

*The Vega was indeed an "epic piece of ****". Even a broken clock such
as yourself is right twice a day.

While you seem to be missing a big hand and a little hand, autistic
boy.

*Vinylanatch, who died and left you a degree in psychiatry you could
put your name on as if you could have earned it?

Wow, that makes about as much sense as something Scott would write.

If you don't think you're autistic, that's fine. But you exhibit
several textbook symptoms. Usually I would give an autistic person a
break, but you're spamming this newsgroup with a bunch of worthless
**** no one cares about.

I don't read the DSM for fun. in fact I am skeptical of it. But I do
have several acquaintences with autistic children which i have
observed as well as having read books by regular autistics like Temple
Grandin as well as Asperger's sufferers. As you know, Asperger's is
characterized as "a high functioning autism" and Bill Gates is widely
perceived as being probably Asperger's. I don't think I have much in
common with either group, based on my observations.

If anything, I have mild to moderate OCD, which is quite different.

You just like saying "autistic" in the way a fifth grader might say
"vagina" for attention.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 4, 10:43*pm, Bret L wrote:
Funny you mention the Vega...my older brother had one and it was an
epic piece of ****. I guess you could call it the '70s version of the
Cobalt.

*The Vega was indeed an "epic piece of ****". Even a broken clock such
as yourself is right twice a day.

While you seem to be missing a big hand and a little hand, autistic
boy.

*Vinylanatch, who died and left you a degree in psychiatry you could
put your name on as if you could have earned it?

Your autism is as obvious as 2pid's is.

*You don't know your ass from a teakettle.

Here's how you can tell, Bratzi: when you put your finger in the
teakettle it gets burned.

No charge.

((I'd tell him that when you put your finger in a teakettle it comes
out with blisters but there's no telling what condition Bratzi's ass
is in or what he's done with it. It's possible that his finger would
come out blistered if he put it in his ass. I don't want to be
responsible for Bratzi's hospital bill for removing the Twinings he
shoved up there. Shhhh!))

*Your opinions on old cars are as dopey as those on audio. For
example, now in 2010, a Porsche 928 could be called an "old car".

So you're comparing your POS 1973 pickup truck to a Porsche?

LMAO!

Go for it, Bratzi: it's equivalent to an XKE too. Now the live women
will dig you as much as the dead ones do!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 4, 11:38*pm, Bret L wrote:

*I don't live in a trailer park, I don't work in a factory, I have
other vehicles besides the Dodge,

Useless Usenet claim.

We know better.

Next you'll expect us to believe that you've had a long-term
relationship with a women you didn't have to inflate before you could
take her to dinner.

*Sometimes i wonder as to whether you are a status building yuppie or
just a big sanitary pad wearing technically ignorant sissy.

If you're going to attempt to insult someone with your juvenile girl
insults at least learn how to write.

((Jesus Christ Bratzi is stupid. Shhhh!))

Who was it that recently asked why audio groups bring out the
snivelling snot-nosed kids like Bratzi and 2pid?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 4, 11:46*pm, Bret L wrote:

*You just like saying "autistic" in the way a fifth grader might say
"vagina" for attention.

You have no sense of irony, do you. LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 4, 11:38*pm, Bret L wrote:
Bull****. I like them because I've owned them and enjoyed them. If you
knew anything about audio, you'd know that Harbeths are very un-
yuppie. They're simple boxes. That's sort of the inside joke about
them...they're totally unfashionable. But you wouldn't know that
because you're some autistic dude working in a factory, living in a
trailer park, driving a '73 Dodge and spamming an audio group with
unwanted white supremacist tripe.

You're a HUGE ****ing loser, Ludwig. Even the most casual visitor to
RAO picks up on that in a hurry.

*I don't live in a trailer park, I don't work in a factory, I have
other vehicles besides the Dodge, and I know the Harbeths have one
thing yuppies love-a big fat long price tag.

But you don't even know what they sound like. You lie about hearing
them in audio "saloons," but you can't even recall the name of the
saloon or even the model you heard.

Let's face it...you hate Harbeths because you can't afford them.
Period.

*Sometimes i wonder as to whether you are a status building yuppie or
just a big sanitary pad wearing technically ignorant sissy.

I don't have to wonder about you. You're white supremacist trailer
trash with autism.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 4, 11:46*pm, Bret L wrote:
On May 4, 10:59*pm, Boon wrote:

On May 4, 10:43*pm, Bret L wrote:

[...]

A person with Aspergers is usually unaware they have Aspergers, and
instead thinks everyone else is stupid because they're not on the same
wavelength.

I don't hold your Aspergers against you. I would like you to have an
ounce of self-awareness, though. Your obsessive cutting and pasting of
OT posts is not within the realm of normal, healthy behavior, It makes
RAO less enjoyable for others. It's spam, no more and no less.

*If anything, I have mild to moderate OCD, which is quite different.

OCD and autism often go hand in hand. One of the major symptoms of
Aspergers is OCD.

*You just like saying "autistic" in the way a fifth grader might say
"vagina" for attention.

Attention? How do I benefit from it, idiot?

By underlining the fact that both you and Scott suffer from ASD, I
help others to understand why you two make such inappropriate OT posts
all of the time. Then they can make an educated decision to ignore
your posts.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 5, 1:37*am, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On May 4, 10:43*pm, Bret L wrote:

[...]

Be fair. Bratzi said he has other vehicles than the Dodge. Of course,
they're missing engines and up on blocks in his front yard...
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On May 5, 12:46*am, Bret L wrote:

*If anything, I have mild to moderate OCD, which is quite different.

Bratzi likes his handiwork lined up so very neatly
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/504...1E70F2B3269972

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 5, 1:22*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
On May 5, 12:46*am, Bret L wrote:

*If anything, I have mild to moderate OCD, which is quite different.

Bratzi likes his handiwork lined up so very neatlyhttp://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/50494636.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=E4...

Please learn the difference between "handiwork" and "sworn duty".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Let's face it...you hate Harbeths because you can't afford them.
Period.

I couldn't afford a real pair of JBL Paragons or Hartsfields, but I
certainly don't hate them.

There are a hell of a lot of things I can't afford I would be the
first to say I think are great.

*Sometimes i wonder as to whether you are a status building yuppie or
just a big sanitary pad wearing technically ignorant sissy.

I don't have to wonder about you. You're white supremacist trailer
trash with autism.

I'm a white nationalist, not a white supremacist, you yuptard. And
I'd rather be trailer trash than a yuppie, even though I have never
lived in a trailer.

And if I really am Aspergers' (by definition a high functioning
syndrome) why are you calling me an idiot? Would you call Bill Gates
an idiot? He may be a lot of things but not an idiot. And,
furthermore, if he IS an idiot, I wouldn't mind having some (five or
ten billion worth, say) of that sort of idiocy.

Make up your mind, such as it is.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On May 5, 10:45*pm, Bret L wrote:
[...]

1. Bill Gates may have Aspergers.
2. Bratzi has Aspergers.
3. Bill Gates is not an idiot.
4. Therefore, Bratzi is not an idiot.

You know, it's been a few years since I took a Logic course, but I'm
pretty sure this is one giant fallacy. If you can't figure out why,
then perhaps you don't have Aspergers. Perhaps you're just really
stupid.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On May 5, 11:56*pm, Boon wrote:
On May 5, 10:45*pm, Bret L wrote:

[...]

1. Bratzi wants to cleanse the nation of nonwhites.
2. Bratzi is not a white supremacist.
3. Bratzi *is* a white nationalist.
4. Bratzi is stoopid.

((I'd love to see Bratzi's sound logical reasoning on how being a
white nationalist is superior to and not as ignorant as being a white
supremacist is. Shhhh!))
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

1. Bratzi wants to cleanse the nation of nonwhites.
2. Bratzi is not a white supremacist.
3. Bratzi *is* a white nationalist.
4. Bratzi is stoopid.

I have no desire to "cleanse the nation of" nonwhites. I just think
whites should be able to associate with, live next to and hire other
Whites if that is their desire. If they want to do otherwise I am not
advocating they be harmed. Free association, not coercion.

I think immigration should be stopped. Period. If it is ever started
again, after the population has adjusted to sane levels, there should
be a great amount of selectivity applied to who comes in.

No cars! Buses! George M. Middius[_4_] Audio Opinions 1 December 12th 08 03:13 AM
HOT CARS jianbabygail Car Audio 2 March 7th 08 06:55 PM
DVD Cars System nico[_2_] Car Audio 1 August 30th 07 04:31 PM
Very fast cars [email protected] Car Audio 0 May 21st 07 03:38 PM
Best cars! Christian ranftl Car Audio 1 May 11th 04 03:30 PM