Willie K. Yee, MD

Default WTB: Mixerman Diaries

I finally found the Daily Adventures of Mixerman on-line, and finally
found time to read it , and I get into week 6 and without warning. . .
NO MORE !! You have to buy the book. No problem, I am hooked and will
willingly fork out the dough. Then I go to the website and they are
not taking orders !!! And even if they did, it would be 1-2 weeks
before I got it. I began to feel like I was part of the story.

So-o-o-o-o, does anybody have a hard copy of this classic work that
they would be willing to part with? None available on eBay.

Name yer price.

Ben Bradley

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:45:16 GMT, (Willie K. Yee,
MD) wrote:

I finally found the Daily Adventures of Mixerman on-line, and finally
found time to read it , and I get into week 6 and without warning. . .
NO MORE !! You have to buy the book. No problem, I am hooked and will
willingly fork out the dough. Then I go to the website and they are
not taking orders !!! And even if they did, it would be 1-2 weeks
before I got it. I began to feel like I was part of the story.

So-o-o-o-o, does anybody have a hard copy of this classic work that
they would be willing to part with? None available on eBay.

Name yer price.

Hmm, I didn't see it at any of my usual sources (bookfinder.com,
amazon.com, used.addall.com),

I googled and found the site, and got to he
https://www.mixerman.net/buy.php
"PLEASE NOTE: BOOK SALES HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED" - why's
that? Have booksales done something naughty?

I suspect the ebay page shown there ("The Daily Adventures of
Mixerman", price $450, reserve not met) is a fake, I even looked in
completed auctions for mixerman and found nothing. OTOH, it's dated a
year ago, and ebay no longer keeps old auctions online that long. Who
knows...

But don't lose hope, even if no one here coughs one up. I'm on a
mailing list with hundreds of booksellers (who, just like studio
owners, are making small fortunes out of large fortunes). I'll post a
want-to-buy there and see if I can find one through them.

Also, there's a Secret Site on the Internet... it's called The
Wayback Machine. It has data from many pages and sites that are no
longer online, and it might have the diaries after week 6, from when
they were originally put on the Internet. This is it, don't tell
anyone:
http://www.archive.org

DAMN, I wrote all that, then scrolled down to the bottom of that
page, where the last of his note says "...You might want to get a pen
and write those numbers down. They're good for lotteries, you know.

Enjoy,
Mixerman

P.S. Please click here to buy the book:"

Then there's a button that says "buy the book" then clicking through,
there's a button at the bottom of THAT page with "add to cart" on it,
then there's the usual Internet Commerce "Your Shipping Cart
Contains:" page with a "Checkout" button, but I'm afraid to press that
one, I'm sure not ready to check out yet. Does my fear reflect good
mental health, Doctor?

If you still don't get the book I can still post a WTB on the
bookseller's list if you like. I wonder how many sales Mixerman loses
with that "TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED" crap. What a jokester...

-----
http://www.mindspring.com/~benbradley
Ricky Hunt

"Ben Bradley" wrote in message

If you still don't get the book I can still post a WTB on the
bookseller's list if you like. I wonder how many sales Mixerman loses
with that "TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED" crap. What a jokester...

It doesn't appear to be a joke (but if it is I agree it's a stupid thing to
do). It says:

"PLEASE NOTE: BOOK SALES HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
We are in the process of changing Credit Card Processors; we apologize for
any inconvenience, and will be back to accepting sales in a few days. June
20, 2005 "

If it's a joke, I don't get it.

Agent 86

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:45:16 +0000, Willie K. Yee, MD wrote:

I finally found the Daily Adventures of Mixerman on-line, and finally
found time to read it , and I get into week 6 and without warning. . .
NO MORE !! You have to buy the book. No problem, I am hooked and will
willingly fork out the dough. Then I go to the website and they are not
taking orders !!! And even if they did, it would be 1-2 weeks before I
got it. I began to feel like I was part of the story.

Well, there's so much hero worship goes on around here, I'll probably get
slammed for this, but I say "**** 'em".

No doubt MM's got plenty on the ball, But if your goal is knowledge
acquisition, you'll get a better S/N ratio right here on RAP. And you
don't have to wear hip boots to get through all the egomania.
Don Cooper

Agent 86 wrote:

Well, there's so much hero worship goes on around here, I'll probably get
slammed for this, but I say "**** 'em".

No doubt MM's got plenty on the ball, But if your goal is knowledge
acquisition, you'll get a better S/N ratio right here on RAP. And you
don't have to wear hip boots to get through all the egomania.

I've never been much of a fan, either.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Don Cooper" wrote in message ...

Agent 86 wrote:

Well, there's so much hero worship goes on around here, I'll probably get
slammed for this, but I say "**** 'em".

No doubt MM's got plenty on the ball, But if your goal is knowledge
acquisition, you'll get a better S/N ratio right here on RAP. And you
don't have to wear hip boots to get through all the egomania.

I've never been much of a fan, either.

I thought the writing style was quite a hoot, and the delivery, the
plot and character development rivals that of any comedic novel.

I know when I was reading the 'diaries', I never, not for one instant,
expected anything more than the unavoidable comedy of 'reality'
that is a major label session. And that much was extremely well
presented.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

Predrag Trpkov

"Agent 86" wrote in message

Well, there's so much hero worship goes on around here, I'll probably get
slammed for this, but I say "**** 'em".

No doubt MM's got plenty on the ball, But if your goal is knowledge
acquisition, you'll get a better S/N ratio right here on RAP. And you
don't have to wear hip boots to get through all the egomania.

Would you please explain how is your choice of words supposed to contribute
to the S/N ratio?

I've read all of Mixerman's diaries published online, but I've also heard a
couple of his mixes. Whatever you call it, his reputation around here
doesn't even adequately reflect his level of professional excellence, IMHO.

While he was posting on r.a.p. it was all signal. Helpful, intriguing,
eye-opening (5 planes of space in a mix, 10 steps to better mixing etc.).
What he shared proved invaluable to me. Changed my approach to mixing and
helped me to understand the big picture.

See, I don't have a problem with Mixerman and the likes. On the contrary.
I'm keenly interested in them being present here on regular basis. By the
same token, I'm strongly opposed to anything that might diminish their
motivation to post on r.a.p.

Predrag

Willie K. Yee, MD

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 03:41:23 GMT, Agent 86
wrote:

No doubt MM's got plenty on the ball, But if your goal is knowledge
acquisition, you'll get a better S/N ratio right here on RAP. And you
don't have to wear hip boots to get through all the egomania.

My goal is not "knowledge acquisition", but entertainment. The first
half had me in stitches. YMMV.

Anybody wanna LEND me a copy? I promise I will take care of it and not
blow coffee through my nose while reading it.

Roger W. Norman

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

"Don Cooper" wrote in message

Agent 86 wrote:

Well, there's so much hero worship goes on around here, I'll probably

get
slammed for this, but I say "**** 'em".

No doubt MM's got plenty on the ball, But if your goal is knowledge
acquisition, you'll get a better S/N ratio right here on RAP. And you
don't have to wear hip boots to get through all the egomania.

I've never been much of a fan, either.

I thought the writing style was quite a hoot, and the delivery, the
plot and character development rivals that of any comedic novel.

I know when I was reading the 'diaries', I never, not for one instant,
expected anything more than the unavoidable comedy of 'reality'
that is a major label session. And that much was extremely well
presented.

No offense to MM, but when I came to the point of the drummer's ears burning
up I knew it was simply an interesting story of all the strange things that
happened in the studio to all that have recorded wrapped into one. But he's
an intelligent guy, excellent at his craft and not to shabby at telling a
story.

I understand he drives pretty fast, too!
--
Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

Harvey Gerst

"Roger W. Norman" wrote:

I understand he drives pretty fast, too!

You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Being in the car with him is an
adventure, but driving the car BEHIND him, around 5 o'clock in Friday
downtown rush hour traffic, trying to stay with him (as he cuts across
four lanes of traffic) is where the real adventure lies.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/

Right on Don!

People that read this stuff buy National Enquirer or watch Jerry
Springer.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades