Matt Williams

Default Old Thorens TD150MKII Turntable

Thanks for the info. I have printed out the manual and will have a look this
weekend on what I need to do to redo the cables.
"MiNe 109" wrote in message
In article nk.net,
"Matt Williams" wrote:

I hope this is the correct newsgroup, if not I am sure some one can

guide me
to the correct one. I saved an old Thorens TD150MKII turntable from the
trash heap and about 500 mint albums !!!, every thing works great, but

one
channel is very low on the Thorens. I thought that it might be the

cartridge
fault, but on looking at the RCA cables I noticed that one was in very

bad
shape and when switching the plugs the problem followed. My Dual works

just
fine with the preamp. If I remember correctly these phono cables need to

be
special and I am wondering where I could get some so I can replace

these.
Does anyone know how old this turntable is ? Thanks. Matt

These should help you out:

http://www.theanalogdept.com/td150_dept.htm

ttp://www.theanalogdept.com/images/spp6_pics/150webman/p8web.jpg

http://www.theanalogdept.com/thorens_data.htm

I don't see any reference to special wires, but this might help.

Stephen