Benji

Default can someone help me with my homework.... please!!! (output matrix)

i would like to know what it means when a mixing desk has an"output matrix"
? i can take a guess but would like to know the specifics i.e. who it works
and what its used for ....
tia
ben

Mike T.

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:34:59 GMT, "Benji" wrote:

i would like to know what it means when a mixing desk has an"output matrix"
? i can take a guess but would like to know the specifics i.e. who it works
and what its used for ....
tia
ben

Ben,

Well, we certainly need more trained audio techs, so I'll help with
your homework. The matrix is a submixer within a mixing desk. As
inputs, it usually takes the subgroups and stereo outputs of the main
mixer. It usually provide 2 to 6 independent outputs to be used for
.... whatever.

Whatever may include: recording, broadcast, lobby speakers, dressing
room speakers, delay speakers, assisted-hearing devices, etc.

Here's an picture of a 10 x 2 matrix on an A&G GL3300 mixer, which is
the smallest mixing desk I know of with a matrix.
http://www.allen-heath.com/DisplayFeature.asp?view=91

Glad to see that you're doing your homework; I'm tired of working with
techs who show up at a gig knowing nothing about the band or the
equipment.

Mike T.