Thomas Bishop

Default Renting Schoeps

I have an upcoming choir recording at the end of this month and would like
to try out a pair of Schoeps. Nobody in the area (Memphis) has even heard
of them. I would like a pair of CMC6+mk41 (or mk4 would be acceptable) for
Sept. 27/28. If anyone knows where I could rent a pair or would be willing
to rent them to me, please let me know. I can't own them now but I'd like
to at least hear what I'm missing. Thanks.

Thomas

Bob Cain

Thomas Bishop wrote:

I can't own them now but I'd like
to at least hear what I'm missing. Thanks.

If you succeed, please tell us.

Thanks,

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Ty Ford

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:49:11 -0400, Bob Cain wrote
(in article ):

Thomas Bishop wrote:

I can't own them now but I'd like
to at least hear what I'm missing. Thanks.

If you succeed, please tell us.

Thanks,

Bob

In my new book, "Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide", I list about a dozen
rental facilities.

Audio Specialties, Burbank
Film/VIdeo Equipment Service, Denver, CO
Gotham Sound, NY
Location Sound, N Hollywood
Morgan Sound, Lynnwood, WA
Professional Sound Services, NY
Sound Associates, Westchester, NY
TAI Audio, Orlando, FL
Talamas Audio, Boston, MA
Trew Audio, Nashville, TN
Vark Audio, Cabin John, MD
VER Glendale, SF, LV
Wexler Video, LA

They all rent. Don't know if they rent Schoeps, but can't imagine somme in
the pack don't.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

ScotFraser

In my new book, "Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide", I list about a dozen

rental facilities.

Add Audio Rents, Hollywood, CA to that list. 323-874-1000. Good folks, lotsa
gear, reasonable pricing.

Scott Fraser

Benjamin Maas

"ScotFraser" wrote in message ...
In my new book, "Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide", I list about a

dozen

rental facilities.

Add Audio Rents, Hollywood, CA to that list. 323-874-1000. Good folks,

lotsa
gear, reasonable pricing.

Scott Fraser

They rent Schoeps, too. :-)

--Ben

--
Benjamin Maas
Fifth Circle Audio

Please remove "Nospam" from address for replies

Eric K. Weber

As Ty suggested they are available for rent.... and location sound has them
listed....

http://www.locationsound.com/

Rgds:
Eric

David Satz

Thomas,

If the rental places on Ty's list don't have what you need, you might
consider contacting the U.S. distributor for Schoeps (Redding Audio)
and asking them for advice--they may know of a source for rentals.
Their home page at http://www.reddingaudio.com shows their phone number
and email address.

--best regards

Bob Cain

Ty Ford wrote:

In my new book, "Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide", I list about a dozen
rental facilities.

Thanks, Ty.

Are the rental outfits you list, and the ones others have
suggested, generally amenable to shipping back and forth or
are they pickup/dropoff type situations?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Eric Toline

Closest to Memphis would be Trew Audio in Nashville. Call Skylor or
Summer at Trew. 1-800-241-8994 or www.trewaudio.com

Eric

Eric Toline

Closest to Memphis would be Trew Audio in Nashville. Call Skylor or
Summer at Trew. 1-800-241-8994 or www.trewaudio.com

Eric

Thomas Bishop

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
Any full service rental outfit is comfortable with shipping, and they
know how long it takes to ship so they don't charge you for that time.

The only policies that I have read state that the renter pays for the time
in transit. It seems most places that Ty listed (and I'm greatful for that)
are located in California. Not a quick arrival. For the rental companies
without a shipping policy stated on their web site, I'll just have to call
and find out. Hopefully I will prove you correct.

This is how people in places where they don't have dealers can get to
try out nice equipment.

People such as myself.

ScotFraser

The only policies that I have read state that the renter pays for the time
in transit. It seems most places that Ty listed (and I'm greatful for that)
are located in California. Not a quick arrival.

FedEx can get a shipment to you the next day, in the lower 48.

Scott Fraser

hank alrich

ScotFraser wrote:

FedEx can get a shipment to you the next day, in the lower 48.

But only for some values of "lower 48", trust me.

--
ha

Nathan West

hank alrich wrote:

But only for some values of "lower 48", trust me.

I agree. I'm located in Wake Forest NC, and FedEx is hit or miss around
here even though we are 20 minutes from the State Capital (Raleigh). Not
like that hill like area you live in Hank, where FedEx might have
somewhat of an excuse.

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Ty Ford

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:54:18 -0400, Bob Cain wrote
(in article ):

Ty Ford wrote:

In my new book, "Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide", I list about a
dozen
rental facilities.

Thanks, Ty.

Are the rental outfits you list, and the ones others have
suggested, generally amenable to shipping back and forth or
are they pickup/dropoff type situations?

Bob

Bob,

I don't know for sure. I suspect most of them ship.

Ty

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Pete Dimsman

Thomas Bishop wrote:

It seems most places that Ty listed (and I'm greatful for that)
are located in California. Not a quick arrival. For the rental companies
without a shipping policy stated on their web site, I'll just have to call
and find out. Hopefully I will prove you correct.

How much is 2 day air? Or even next day? Not that much for a couple of
microphones.

Pete Dimsman

Nathan West wrote:

hank alrich wrote:

But only for some values of "lower 48", trust me.

I agree. I'm located in Wake Forest NC, and FedEx is hit or miss around
here even though we are 20 minutes from the State Capital (Raleigh). Not
like that hill like area you live in Hank, where FedEx might have
somewhat of an excuse.

USPS? Does Hank have a post office?

ScotFraser

But only for some values of "lower 48", trust me. BRBR

Well, you have to live within 2 or 3 counties of a road, or at least a clearing
big enough to handle a copter. Isn't your mountain officially considered "Sub
Lower 48"?

Scott Fraser
ScotFraser

USPS? Does Hank have a post office?
BRBR

Yeah, but you need a team of horses to get there.
Scott Fraser

Thomas Bishop

"Pete Dimsman" wrote in message
How much is 2 day air? Or even next day? Not that much for a couple of
microphones.

From somewhere such as California, around $50 for next day (one way).