Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default About that Monster claim for IP on their connectors.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/indu...s-strikes-back
etc ....

I decided to take a look at Monster's 'design patents' they claim are
infringed.

Talking of pots kettles black etc .... their own design patent D366,863
is an obvious rip-off of a Swiss LEMO style !
http://www.lemo.com/products/connect...r_overview.jsp

They even mention the LEMO catalogue (for the B series) in the patent !
LEMO call it their 'chocolate block' pattern.

What a bunch of ******s Monster are.

I've posted Monster's pathetic design patent in
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic for anyone interested to view.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris Whealy Chris Whealy is offline

Eeyore wrote:
http://www.audioholics.com/news/indu...s-strikes-back
etc ....

I decided to take a look at Monster's 'design patents' they claim are
infringed.

Talking of pots kettles black etc .... their own design patent D366,863
is an obvious rip-off of a Swiss LEMO style !
http://www.lemo.com/products/connect...r_overview.jsp

They even mention the LEMO catalogue (for the B series) in the patent !
LEMO call it their 'chocolate block' pattern.

What a bunch of ******s Monster are.

I've posted Monster's pathetic design patent in
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic for anyone interested to view.

Graham

sarcasm
Graham, I think you've missed a fundamental principle on which the
process of litigation is founded...

Never let the truth spoil your case
/sarcasm

:-)

Chris W

--
The voice of ignorance speaks loud and long,
But the words of the wise are quiet and few.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
[email protected] a7yvm109gf5d1@netzero.com is offline

On Apr 16, 8:43 am, Eeyore
wrote:
http://www.audioholics.com/news/indu...s-strikes-back
etc ....

I decided to take a look at Monster's 'design patents' they claim are
infringed.

Talking of pots kettles black etc .... their own design patent D366,863
is an obvious rip-off of a Swiss LEMO style !http://www.lemo.com/products/connect...r_overview.jsp

They even mention the LEMO catalogue (for the B series) in the patent !
LEMO call it their 'chocolate block' pattern.

What a bunch of ******s Monster are.

I've posted Monster's pathetic design patent in
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic for anyone interested to view.

Graham

Monster are a vile patent troll company that uses legal bullying
tactics to try to scare the competition.
At one time they did make reasonable products. Now they make pure
garbage at an obscene price.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Ian Thompson-Bell Ian Thompson-Bell is offline

wrote:
On Apr 16, 8:43 am, Eeyore
wrote:
[...]

Not related to Bose are they?

Cheers

Ian
Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Joel Koltner Joel Koltner is offline

wrote in message
At one time they did make reasonable products. Now they make pure
garbage at an obscene price.

They might have been decent quality at one point, but their advertsements were
always full of way too much hyperbole and misdirection... nor were their
prices ever that great.

I suppose the one good thing they did was to make consumers aware that things
like speaker wire gauge matter, even if they went so far overboard that people
now think 6ga. wire is needed for a 100W car audio system...

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message

Monster are a vile patent troll company that uses legal
bullying tactics to try to scare the competition.

Agreed. I still snicker at their attempt to make the word monster their own.

At one time they did make reasonable products. Now they
make pure garbage at an obscene price.

IME their stuff is not all that bad, especially when bought for below-market
prices at say, Parts Express.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:31:36 -0700, a7yvm109gf5d1 wrote:
On Apr 16, 8:43 am, Eeyore

I've posted Monster's pathetic design patent in
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic for anyone interested to view.

Monster are a vile patent troll company that uses legal bullying
tactics to try to scare the competition.
At one time they did make reasonable products. Now they make pure
garbage at an obscene price.

As long as there are fools with more money than sense, those people
(and others like them) will continue to make money hand over fist.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.pro
Kevin Krell Kevin Krell is offline

Monster has been trying this intimidation stuff for ages, even with
businesses outside their product area.

Here was an attack against an old friend with a Halloween industry
on-line business. You'd think that "monster" might have had prior use
in this category.

http://www.madmartian.com/legal/