Mark GEE33

Default '03 Silverado Consensus

I've googled the hell out of this topic, but can't find a definate
answer. I have a '03 Chevy Silverado LS, door chime appears to come
out of speakers, no Onstar. I've installed amps, decks, etc. on
occassion in the past. I'm adding a couple of 10's w/amp this week
and possibly a HU.

My questions are...

For HU replacement is it best to leave it to a pro, with all these
need to disable the airbag, doorchime problem... concerns?

If I decide to just add the subs and amp for now with a line-out
converter, will this at all affect the other concerns with the airbag,
door chimes, etc?

-AND-

If I buy a new HU, do all the "Pros" know how to deal with these
databus or whatever it's called problems?

I just don't want some accidental airbag deployment, no more door
chime, or other quirky problem whether I take it to a shop or install
it myself. And, if I replace it, I DON'T want to have to keep my old
deck connected in the back of the truck. Things just don't seem to be
as easy as they used to be!!!

Thanks for any advice,
Mark GEE