Posted to rec.audio.misc
[email protected] djones53@googlemail.com is offline

Default Mordaunt Short Sysytem 442 Loudspeaker - Tweeter Wanted

I have a pair of Mordaunt Short Sysytemm 442 loudspeakers one of which
has a blown tweeter.

Having removed the tweeter from the cabinet I have confirmed it has
gone open circuit. There are no markings on it but the mounting plate
is 95mm square and it houses a 1" metal dome - on the back it says
"made in Germany" and has the number 95-6556 and states it is 8 ohms.

I have been told it may be an obsolete Isophon unit. I will need to
source another one or have this one repaired.

If anyone has any knowledge of this I would be grateful for any
advice

email me on if you can help

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.misc
r lawlis r lawlis is offline

On Apr 28, 1:01*pm, wrote:
I have a pair of Mordaunt Short Sysytemm 442 loudspeakers one of which
has a blown tweeter. [which} is 95mm square and it houses a 1" metal dome
- on the back it says
"made in Germany" and has the number 95-6556 and states it is 8 ohms.

The tweeters for the 442s were 1" titanium dome tweeters manufactured
by MB Quart. This was the best tweeter Quart made at the time. If you
find one,
see if they have two -- I also need one. Quart has later model
titanium dome
tweeters that are usually sold in pairs and could be substituted if
all else fails.