Warren Stone

Default gassy tube question

A person at work has to write an entrance exam. One of the questions
deals with a gassy tube in an RF circuit. Anyone know the correct
answer? I may not be able to get back here soon, please email any

If the power amplifier tube is said to be gassy, how would you detect
that problem in looking at the output carrier?
a. Considerable reduction of carrier amplitude.
b. Considerable increase of carrier amplitude.
c. Presence of spikes.
d. Presence of hum.