Default 2003 cavilar question number 2

Ok, i have dropped the idea of having a aftermarket deck in my car,
becasue the price tag of replacing my stock radio with a "module" is
just to high.

If i get a cd/mp3 changer for my car will the music sound better then
my fm radio stations do? And with that stock radio, do i stand to
gain any sound qualitty by replacing my factory speakers with
aftermarket ones? Or is my stock deck the weakest link, and the
qualitity coming from my factory speakers are as good as i am gonna
get?

I have never delt with a cd changer before, so i am new to them.

any recommanded mounting spots in a cavilar??

anyone know of a place tog et the replacement module for cheap???????

thanks
adam

Daniel Snooks

wrote
Ok, i have dropped the idea of having a aftermarket deck in my car,
becasue the price tag of replacing my stock radio with a "module" is
just to high.

Is this because you aren't willing to lose the door chime and such?
Remember, if you skip the idea of relocating the stock deck you save ~$50 in
parts and $150 in labour.

If i get a cd/mp3 changer for my car will the music sound better then
my fm radio stations do?

It will sound as good as an FM station could possibly sound with that stock
deck. Realize that you will be using the antenna to plug in the changer, and
listening to the changer on a radio station (88.5 or something)

And with that stock radio, do i stand to
gain any sound qualitty by replacing my factory speakers with
aftermarket ones?

Someone please respond to my opinion on this
Assume he spent $150 on replacing the speakers (4" plates up front, 6 1/4"
plates in the rear).
I believe that spending the same $150 on dynamat (or equivalent), and using
a cap to highpass the fronts would produce better results (instead of
getting new speakers). Seal the doors better, get the rattles out of the
rear deck. What do you all think?

Or is my stock deck the weakest link, and the
qualitity coming from my factory speakers are as good as i am gonna
get?

You might get better imaging with some quality speakers up front, but
chances are they would appear to produce less bass and midbass then the
factory speakers. The deck just won't have the balls to give a balanced
output down past ~150Hz. The mids and highs will come through much louder
then the lows at any given volume.

anyone know of a place tog et the replacement module for cheap???????

Where are you at?
As I mention in the previous topic on this, the kit (module?) to relocate
the deck to the trunk is only $70, if you can install it yourself that is
cheap. Not as cheap as choosing to forget about keeping the stock deck in
the car, but still not expensive.

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks

DJ 2004 - 2003 te General 0 April 3rd 04 07:03 AM
problem with installing a deck in my 2003 cavilar [email protected] Car Audio 17 September 2nd 03 12:52 AM
MTX Crossover Question Mark Zarella Car Audio 0 August 27th 03 01:43 PM
Repost: Reason 2.0 on a Celeron 2GHz laptop. Scott Elliott Birch General 17 July 7th 03 11:20 PM
Metra Number Help Soundfreak03 Car Audio 1 July 4th 03 12:49 AM