Shane Metzler

Default 2003 Mustang Door Removal

Hey Guys and Gals,

I was contemplating putting in some components in my 2003 Mustang and I was
wondering if anyone has taken the door panels off...anything I should know
before hand?

Thanks,

Shane

Sanitarium

I dont have first hand experience with that car... but here are some
thoughts.

Use the propper tools, IE plastic clip puller.

Make sure the speakers you select are shallow enough to allow the window
to roll down. The window will cut the door depth in half as its rolled
down.

You might want to Dynamat the door sheet metal while youre at it. I did
this on my 2 door Accord, and the difference in road noise was very
substantial on a car this old. I added the stuff to the door sheetmetal
outer and the inner and am very surprised at the results. Note also
that I sprayed the door insides with a couple cans of rubber-ized
chassis under coating before applying the dynamat, so I guess I added at
least 15 pounds to each door.

Use caution when cutting holes through the rain-guards. Rain water is
supposed to flow through the door, so you want to be carefull that the
speakers and door pannels remain shielded form the H20 as much as
possible

Have you considered Q-forms kick panel enclosures? I'm pretty sure they
make a set for your car. The kits I've heard sound very good from an
imaging standpoint.

Hope this helps,
Garrett

Shane Metzler wrote:

Hey Guys and Gals,

I was contemplating putting in some components in my 2003 Mustang and I was
wondering if anyone has taken the door panels off...anything I should know
before hand?

Thanks,

Shane

Shane Metzler

I thought about the QLogic kick panels but as everyone already knows the
'Stang doesnt have much leg room...anyways...thanks for the input...I have
done quite a few installs before, but I just wanted to make sure the Mustang
didnt have any surprises...One of my other creations can be seen at
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/brainmetz

I agree with the dynamat...great sound comes from doing an installation
correctly.

Shane

DJ 2004 - 2003 te General 0 April 3rd 04 07:03 AM
P.W.B. Electronics - Christmas 2003 Newsletter P.W.B. Electronics General 0 December 18th 03 12:36 PM
FS : Brand New 2003 Creek OBH-21SE amplifier - authorized dealer RB General 0 July 7th 03 07:05 PM
Aux-IN 2003 Envoy Radio CraigM Car Audio 0 July 3rd 03 02:31 AM