Posted to rec.audio.car

Default 2002 Ford Focus/Qwestar DVD system

I just purchased a 2002 Ford Focus with a previously installed Qwestar
DVD player/monitor. I can get the monitor to turn on, but I cannot get
power to the DVD player itself. According to
http://www.discountmobilevideo.com/i...vp360elect.jpg, I
need to have the 12 V AC/DC adaptor or a cigarette lighter adaptor to
provide power. However, from what I can tell, there is a power cable
connected to the DVD player powered off a built-in cable under the
passenger's seat (where the DVD player is mounted). I see a similar
cable under the driver's seat. Neither seat has any electrical
controls, so I cannot imagine what these cables are for. Does anyone
have any idea what these cables are used for, if the current wiring
scheme is correct and usable, or if I should try to find another
solution? Thanks in advance.

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased a 2002 Ford Focus with a previously installed Qwestar
DVD player/monitor. I can get the monitor to turn on, but I cannot get
power to the DVD player itself. According to
http://www.discountmobilevideo.com/i...vp360elect.jpg, I
need to have the 12 V AC/DC adaptor or a cigarette lighter adaptor to
provide power. However, from what I can tell, there is a power cable
connected to the DVD player powered off a built-in cable under the
passenger's seat (where the DVD player is mounted). I see a similar
cable under the driver's seat. Neither seat has any electrical
controls, so I cannot imagine what these cables are for. Does anyone
have any idea what these cables are used for, if the current wiring
scheme is correct and usable, or if I should try to find another
solution? Thanks in advance.

You may have a blown fuse to the DVD player. You will need to find out where
the power wire runs to. Is there any other electrical items not working in
the vehicle? Cig lighter, dome light etc..

Posted to rec.audio.car

From what I've seen all other electrical connections are solid. The
monitor looks to have been mounted where the dome light once was, but
other than this I don't seem to have any other electrical problem in
the vehicle.

It's amazing what you can find when you look. Audio Opinions 76 December 3rd 05 06:33 AM
Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM
FS: Tannoy System 10 Studio Monitor Speakers Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 September 5th 03 04:33 AM