Mercury

Default 2003 F250 Speaker Upgrade HELP

Hello all.... Am considering upgrading my speakers on my 2003 F250
Super Duty SuperCab

SITUATION:
I like the sound the factory speakers provide however I want more enegry
i suppose. Also the speakers are located below the people in the car
(located on the doors)
so sound seems to favor my feet rather then my ears.

I currently have a Sony CDX-MP40 Head unit (MP3 CD) I have the
factory speakers in the truck right now.

1. I was wondering if anybody replaced only the front and rear speakers?

2. If so what size and type... I would like to review them. I have
already looked at crutchfield but sometimes another persons opinion is
all I need to make a decision.

3. What is the difference from (cruthfield webite "Speakers" VS. Compnent
Speakers"?)

Anyway... crutchfield has some nice speakers, though they dont make
it clear how they will install either... I think when i get my truck
back from the body shop Ill remove the door panels and see how the
speakers go in.

Thank you all for reading and I hope to have a few good responses...
I am sure somebody changed out their speakers in one of their newer
trucks like this one.

Thanks, Kenny

Mercury

Can anybody help me with this?

I figureed somebody in here would know something about best speakers to use
with my truck and system...

Thanks, Ken
"Mercury" wrote in message
et...
[...]

Pat M

Kenny the speakers in your truck are a 6"x8". There are many different
possibilities that you could take on this. It all depends on how much money
you want to spend and how good you want it to sound. If you want to go with
good sound quality then I would suggest investing in some kick panel pods
like the Q Forms or perhaps have a custom shop fabricate them for you along
with a good 4 channel or perhaps 6 channel amp. You could go the cheap way
out and find a decent set that will sound good(which I highly doubt) and
will be a drop in with no fabrication needed or go to a set of 6 1/2"
components (separate woofer and tweeter but will definitely need an
amplifier to run these) or even a set of 6 1/2" coaxial (incorporate the
tweeter in the center of the speaker and don't really need an amp to run
them but highly recommended). With the 6 1/2" speakers you will either need
to make an adapter to modify the opening from a 6"x8" to a 6 1/2" opening.

What I currently have going on in my 03 F250 is a set of a/d/s/ 346is
components in the stock location but will be converting to a custom kick
panel application, a/d/s/ 336im coaxial in the rear being run off of a
P4100.2 amp. I still don't know what I want to do for a sub but might look
into doing the same configuration as JL Audio did and build a custom
enclosure for the center seat..

If you have any questions just let me know. You an email me at
since I don't check this forum all that much.
--
Pat M.

"Mercury" wrote in message
et...
Can anybody help me with this?

I figureed somebody in here would know something about best speakers to

use
with my truck and system...

Thanks, Ken
et...