Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] fooman702@yahoo.com is offline

Default How to wire my 2 kicker L7 dual 2 ohm subs to one ZX1500.1 mono amp

Hey whats up guys i have a couple questions. Ok i have a custom box
sealed for my 1990 chevy silverado ext cab frontfiring box sealed at
1.4cb ft on each side, now i bought two Kicker L7`s dual 2 ohm and I
bought a zx1500 mono amp. Should i wire the subs parallel or in a
series. i want to bridge the to subs into one channel.
The l7 are 1500 watts (750 rms) a piece and the amp is 1500 watts.
Please give me some ideas and the way i should do it right.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

Wire the subs up series/paralle for a 2 ohm load. Place a jumper from the
positive of coil A to the negative of coil B on each sub. Then wire the
positive of coil B of each sub to the positive of the ampifier and the
negative of coil A of each sub to the negative of the amplifier.

In article .com,
wrote:
Hey whats up guys i have a couple questions. Ok i have a custom box
sealed for my 1990 chevy silverado ext cab frontfiring box sealed at
1.4cb ft on each side, now i bought two Kicker L7`s dual 2 ohm and I
bought a zx1500 mono amp. Should i wire the subs parallel or in a
series. i want to bridge the to subs into one channel.
The l7 are 1500 watts (750 rms) a piece and the amp is 1500 watts.
Please give me some ideas and the way i should do it right.

Posted to rec.audio.car

wrote:
Hey whats up guys i have a couple questions. Ok i have a custom box
sealed for my 1990 chevy silverado ext cab frontfiring box sealed at
1.4cb ft on each side, now i bought twoKickerL7`s dual 2 ohm and I
bought a zx1500 mono amp. Should iwirethe subs parallel or in a
series. i want to bridge the to subs into one channel.
Thel7are 1500 watts (750 rms) a piece and the amp is 1500 watts.
Please give me some ideas and the way i should do it right.- Hide quoted text -

So your saying run them in Series Not parallel? I already wired them
to parallel, havnt hooked the amp up to truck yet still have my setup
out of the truck to make sure im doing this right. This guy at a car
audio told me i would fry my amp this way because the kicker zx1500
isnt 1 ohm stable. When i read the directions on the kicker book it
says 2ohm Voice coils = 1 ohm load, so i thought that if i have two
12' L7 subs i would have to wire them para. to get my 2 ohm into apm
from amp how ever you word it. i want 2 ohm load from both subs into
my mono amp 1 channel. so i though i would twist the negs and the two
pos. from the back of my box and hook it up . he said you dont add you
divide or something of that sort because i added 1ohm and 1 ohm
twisted together would make 2 ohm right or wrong? Now my directions
say for serieswiring
" REMember i have Dual 2ohm Voice coils " Dual 2 ohm = 4 ohm Load
Ok heres the Directions word by word

WiringOptions
" i have 2
ohm "
Solo-Baric subwoofers are available the [dual 2ohm] or dual 4 ohm
voive coils. Both coils must be connected to a source of
amplification.The dual 2 woofer will generate a 1 ohm load if the
coils are wired in a parallel or a 4 ohm load in series. The dual 4
ohm woofer will provide a 2 ohm load wired in parallel or 8 ohm load
wired in series.The terminals with the white dots are for the first
voice coil. The terminals with solid red and solid black markings are
for the second voice coil.

Parallelwiring:
Dual 2 ohm voice coils = 1 ohm load
Dual 4 ohm voice coils = 2 ohm load

Serieswiring:
Dual 2 ohm voice coils = 4ohm load
Dual 4 ohm voice coils = 8 ohm load

is there way i can bring down the 4ohm load two a 2 ohm load?
The guy said you could wire them series for a 4 ohm load then bring
them down to a 2 ohm
Let me know thanks much

Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

A picture is worth a thousand words. All your sane wiring options are
discussed on the following page:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161

Make sure you read the introductory text before jumping down to find
the diagram that applies to your situation..

-dan

Posted to rec.audio.car

On Feb 24, 3:49 pm, (Captain Howdy) wrote:
Like I saidwirethem series/paralle for a two ohm load total lol.

is there way i can bring down the 4ohm load two a 2 ohm load?
The guy said you couldwirethem series for a 4 ohm load then bring
them down to a 2 ohm
Let me know thanks much- Hide quoted text -

Thanks alot guys good info I got my l7`s hooked up serieswiring and
they bump so far they sound really good to me , I havnt really bumped
them hard yet im ganna get it about 2 weeks of breaking them in. I
heard you should break the suspesion in on the sub/subs before bumping
them really hard in the long run you will get better bass response and
they will last long .. is that true??
Im ganna play it safe anyways thanks again.

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] fooman702@yahoo.com is offline

On Feb 24, 3:49 pm, (Captain Howdy) wrote:
Like I saidwirethem series/paralle for a two ohm load total lol.

is there way i can bring down the 4ohm load two a 2 ohm load?
The guy said you couldwirethem series for a 4 ohm load then bring
them down to a 2 ohm
Let me know thanks much- Hide quoted text -

thanks for the info. it really helped i got them hooked up and
everything hooked up my 4 gauge wire to my battery ran the wire under
doorjam looks clean and sounds clean... one more question is it true i
should break them in everyday for about 2 weeks before bumping really
hard?? I read that somewhere im not sure if it was the kicker website
or what but im ganna play it safe anyways for a lil bit. Thanks again
TTYL