Arny Krueger

Default A Question about the AR XA turntable.

"Nicole Kidman" wrote in message
3...

I just bought an Acoustic Research XA Turntable on ebay to fix for my own
personal use. The turntable is missing the headshell and the stylus. I

have
been told that AR TT's use an exclusive headshell that cannot be replaced
with other brands. This means that I will have to either find an AR
headsheall or change the tonearm. Does anyone have advice on changing the
tonearm on this table? Or does anyone know where I can obtain a headshell
that will fit on the AR tonearm?

Changing the tonearm on this turntable is a good idea because the standard
tone arm was the worst part of the whole turntable.

One caveat is that the original tone arm had a relatively low profile and
tone arm upgrades are like to obsolete the existing cover.

This individual has been mentioned as having experience in this area:

George Merrill
Underground Sound*
7990 Trinity Road, Suite 124
Memphis, TN 38018
(901) 405-0261

dave weil

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 07:30:39 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Nicole Kidman" wrote in message
. 23...

[...]

Unfortunately, he's pretty much out of that business now.

I might have a headshell lying around. If you write me privately to
express interest in it, I'll root around and see if I can find it and
you can have it.

PS, I loved you in Dead Calm.

chuckle
Lymp Baygul

If you decide to go the arm upgrade route, I saw this little gem on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=32 83

It is a good arm, and the low slung weight would improve your chances of
clearing the dust cover. The big caveat is, I do not know what kind of mods
you would have to make to the plinth and arm board. I have an AR ES-1, and
it came from the factory with a universal armboard.

I have no connection to the seller of this item, just friendly advice.

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

[...]

Lymp Baygul

I found a couple of good articles that may help, one on refurbishing the AR,
the other on modifying.

Referb: http://www.laaudiofile.com/issue27.pdf
Mod: http://www.laaudiofile.com/issue29.pdf

"Nicole Kidman" wrote in message
3...
I just bought an Acoustic Research XA Turntable on ebay to fix for my own
personal use. The turntable is missing the headshell and the stylus. I

have
been told that AR TT's use an exclusive headshell that cannot be replaced
with other brands. This means that I will have to either find an AR
headsheall or change the tonearm. Does anyone have advice on changing the
tonearm on this table? Or does anyone know where I can obtain a headshell
that will fit on the AR tonearm?

Please help! Thanks,
Nicole.

Nicole Kidman

"Lymp Baygul" wrote in
:

I found a couple of good articles that may help, one on refurbishing
the AR, the other on modifying.

Referb: http://www.laaudiofile.com/issue27.pdf
Mod: http://www.laaudiofile.com/issue29.pdf

"Nicole Kidman" wrote in message
3...
I just bought an Acoustic Research XA Turntable on ebay to fix for my
own personal use. The turntable is missing the headshell and the
stylus. I

have
been told that AR TT's use an exclusive headshell that cannot be
replaced with other brands. This means that I will have to either
find an AR headsheall or change the tonearm. Does anyone have advice
on changing the tonearm on this table? Or does anyone know where I
can obtain a headshell that will fit on the AR tonearm?

Please help! Thanks,
Nicole.

Wow,
that was just what I needed. Great literature. Thanks a lot for the tip.
I'm not ready to change the tonearm but the refurb info was really
helpful.
Best,
Nicole.

Trevor Wilson

"Nicole Kidman" wrote in message
3...
I just bought an Acoustic Research XA Turntable on ebay to fix for my own
personal use. The turntable is missing the headshell and the stylus. I

have
been told that AR TT's use an exclusive headshell that cannot be replaced
with other brands. This means that I will have to either find an AR
headsheall or change the tonearm. Does anyone have advice on changing the
tonearm on this table? Or does anyone know where I can obtain a headshell
that will fit on the AR tonearm?

**Hi Nicole. Nice to see another Aussie in the group. Haul it over, I'll
sort it out for free for you. I treat all celebs that way. It'll cost you an
autographed photograph. OK?

PS: I'm in the book.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

George M. Middius

Trevor Wilson said:

PS: I'm in the book.

Still under "gargoyle"?

Trevor Wilson

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Trevor Wilson said:

PS: I'm in the book.

Still under "gargoyle"?

****** off George. I'm hoping to get into Nicole's panties.

Nicole, just ignore George. I'll help you out (of your panties). You have
nothing which can interest George.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com

George M. Middius

Trevor Wilson said:

PS: I'm in the book.

Still under "gargoyle"?

****** off George. I'm hoping to get into Nicole's panties.

I doubt there's much room in there, what with the blue balls and
everything.

Trevor Wilson

Trevor Wilson said:

PS: I'm in the book.

Still under "gargoyle"?

****** off George. I'm hoping to get into Nicole's panties.

I doubt there's much room in there, what with the blue balls and
everything.

**Heheh. I'll manage.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

George M. Middius

Angelina Jolie said:

Ah, a real man! My turntable is broken too. :-)

Uh..... Krooger says the same thing. :-(

Trevor Wilson

"Angelina Jolie" wrote in message
. ..

Trevor Wilson said:

PS: I'm in the book.

Still under "gargoyle"?

****** off George. I'm hoping to get into Nicole's panties.

Ah, a real man! My turntable is broken too. :-)

**Not with those lips.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Lymp Baygul

Glad to help. I own an AR ES-1 with Premier MMT, and it is a great table.
Have had it since it was new in the mid 80's. When I do eventually replace
it, will probably be with one of Music Hall's fine offerings.

There are a couple of AR XA headshells on ebay right now.

[...]

Nicole Kidman

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in news:3f1317b3
@news.comindico.com.au:

Trevor Wilson said:

PS: I'm in the book.

Still under "gargoyle"?

****** off George. I'm hoping to get into Nicole's panties.

Nicole, just ignore George. I'll help you out (of your panties). You have
nothing which can interest George.

I think you should learn to have a little more respect for celebrities.
Especially women celebrities. Don't you know how to talk to a lady? No
wonder you're so desperate. You probably sit at the computer all day
looking at porn. Gross!
George M. Middius

Nicole Kidman said:

I think you should learn to have a little more respect for celebrities.
Especially women celebrities. Don't you know how to talk to a lady? No
wonder you're so desperate. You probably sit at the computer all day
looking at porn. Gross!

Why do you wish you were a girl?