Richard Thomas

Default Opinions on Speakers

Which of these speakers are the best? What are the differences between them?

Polk FXi30
Polk RTi4

Infinity Primus 250
Infinity Primus 160

Bose 201 Series V

I will be using them for classical music, mostly.

Best regards,

Richard

Joseph Oberlander

Richard Thomas wrote:

Which of these speakers are the best? What are the differences between them?

Polk FXi30
Polk RTi4

Infinity Primus 250
Infinity Primus 160

Bose 201 Series V

I will be using them for classical music, mostly.

What is your budget?
What is your amplifier?
Do you plan on using these on stands or in a bookshelf or are
small towers also an option?

IMO, these are all basically like comparing which brand of
econobox is best - A Hyundai or Kia or a Daewoo. You can
do much better if we know these three basic criteria.

Abhinav

Default Opinion on these two box systems

Hi all

Would like to know which one of these two sounds like a better deal :

http://www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.js...adeId=24650039

http://www.baazee.com/jsp/OrderForm....adeId=24635216

TIA
Abhinav

Jon Smith

My budget is $400.00.

My receiver is Yamaha HTR-5230 (60 w/ch).

Stands, bookshelf and towers are possiable.

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
hlink.net...

Richard Thomas wrote:

Which of these speakers are the best? What are the differences between

them?

Polk FXi30
Polk RTi4

Infinity Primus 250
Infinity Primus 160

Bose 201 Series V

I will be using them for classical music, mostly.

What is your budget?
What is your amplifier?
Do you plan on using these on stands or in a bookshelf or are
small towers also an option?

IMO, these are all basically like comparing which brand of
econobox is best - A Hyundai or Kia or a Daewoo. You can
do much better if we know these three basic criteria.

Tim Padrick

Acoustic Energy Aego5.
http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/theatre/theatre.html The distributor in
India is:

INDIA
M/S Reference Point
No.8 12th Cross 1st Stage
Indiranagar
Bangalore 560038

Tel: +91 80 525 7246
Fax:
www:
e mail:

"Abhinav" wrote in message
Hi all

Would like to know which one of these two sounds like a better deal :

http://www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.js...adeId=24650039

http://www.baazee.com/jsp/OrderForm....adeId=24635216

TIA
Abhinav

Tim Padrick

Acoustic Energy Evo1
http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/pro...dspeakers.html

In the US the MSRP is $299/pair: http://www.aslgroup.com/ae/index.htm There
is also a big brother.

"Richard Thomas" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Which of these speakers are the best? What are the differences between

them?

Polk FXi30
Polk RTi4

Infinity Primus 250
Infinity Primus 160

Bose 201 Series V

I will be using them for classical music, mostly.

Best regards,

Richard

Joseph Oberlander

Jon Smith wrote:

My budget is $400.00.

My receiver is Yamaha HTR-5230 (60 w/ch).

Stands, bookshelf and towers are possiable.

Good. Your receiver is decent enough and with $400, you could
get a decent pair of speakers. www.audiogon.com routinely
lists Tannoy MX4 towers new for about $400-$450. Used, you
can get something much better for $400. I'd stay away from
EBay and search Audiogon for a few weeks. Used also allows
you to haggle some and saves you tax.