Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] enrique.rojas@gmail.com is offline

Default Specific Audio Recorder Software Needed - Recurring time segments.

I am looking for a PC audio recorder that can record streaming audio
and allow me to specify the time segment length.

For example I want to record a live radio show in 1 hour segments on my
computer.

I have a program like this but the interface forces me to specify start
and stop times. This is tedious because sometimes I want to record 12
hours of audio and I am stuck calculating start and stop times.

I just want to press record and the program will record in 1 hour
segments or any time segment I specify like 30 minutes or maybe 20
minutes.

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Geoff wrote:
..

I'm pretty sure Sound Forge can (certainly can be set to start/stop
at a particular tiem - not sure abou the repetition. Will check back
shortly), but I would guess the other equivalent level apps would too
; Wavelab, Audition, etc. You may be able to find a cheaper
shareware app that can do this.

Yep it can, but you may have to investigate which of several oblique methods
will be best to achieve what you want with minimal configuring..

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
spud spud is offline

WaveLab will accept arguments for a "split mode" which dices the file
up into separate files which you can determine in advance by either
file size or the duration of recorded time. The recording Stop and
Start can be set to specific time or duration so you can record as
much as you have disc size for completely unattended. You can turn on
the computer before you go to bed and it will start recording at
midnight, say; at one o'clock it will chunk off a file one hour long
and start the next one seamlessly continuing until 10:00am or
whenever. This takes a little practice but it works perfectly. Good
luck, s.

On 11 Dec 2006 07:36:19 -0800, wrote:

I am looking for a PC audio recorder that can record streaming audio
and allow me to specify the time segment length.

For example I want to record a live radio show in 1 hour segments on my
computer.

I have a program like this but the interface forces me to specify start
and stop times. This is tedious because sometimes I want to record 12
hours of audio and I am stuck calculating start and stop times.

I just want to press record and the program will record in 1 hour
segments or any time segment I specify like 30 minutes or maybe 20
minutes.

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

spud wrote:
WaveLab will accept arguments for a "split mode" which dices the file
up into separate files which you can determine in advance by either
file size or the duration of recorded time. The recording Stop and
Start can be set to specific time or duration so you can record as
much as you have disc size for completely unattended. You can turn on
the computer before you go to bed and it will start recording at
midnight, say; at one o'clock it will chunk off a file one hour long
and start the next one seamlessly continuing until 10:00am or
whenever. This takes a little practice but it works perfectly. Good
luck, s.

The 'straightforward' recurrences in SF are daily and weekly, but programmed
times are easily (but tediously) done manually.

But with the built-in scripting language, anything is possible (if not
already done by somebody).

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

spud wrote:
WaveLab will accept arguments for a "split mode" which dices the file
up into separate files which you can determine in advance by either
file size or the duration of recorded time.

Wavelab is about a $700 program. There are two "lite" versions that
have fewer of the "mastering" tools that the the full program offers,
but I don't know if they have the time/size controls.

It would help if the original poster followed up promptly to give us
some guideance about what he really needs and how much he expects to
spend (or not).

Oh, well, guessing is fun too.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] enrique.rojas@gmail.com is offline

Mike,

Thanks for the like. You understood what I meant. I record an online
stream for 7 10 hours so I could listen to it at my own time and fast
forward the boring stuff. Now If I am starting to record this stream at
say 1:42am and then I have to make 2:42am as the end ,
2:42am - 3:42am
3:42am - 4:42am
etc ... for 10 hours.

Well you see how time consuming that is.

In addition I am trying to re-record an mp3 series in that runs 23
hours in total. And I want to make it into 1h:18min segments.

I really do not want to make these calculations if there is a program
that can just do it automatically.

"Have they stopped teaching how to tell time in school already?" You
said. I was almost tempted to thow back something but I am grateful for
your link.

Thanks

Mike Rivers wrote:
wrote:
I just want to press record and the program will record in 1 hour
segments or any time segment I specify like 30 minutes or maybe 20
minutes.

Not sure what you mean by "record in ... segments." Do you mean record
continuously and close the file and start a new one every hour, or 30
minutes, or whatever you specify?

I think Total Recorder will do that. The Professional version offers
more flexibility including the "stop after x minutes" function.
http://www.totalrecorder.com

But what's so hard about calculating start and stop times?