Joe Donaldson

Default Sirius or XM radio in Charlotte, NC - content, reception, pros, cons, variety, worth the money? tryitoz

I know a lot has been written on above but would lke a fresh
persective.

Do you have XM or Sirius radio?

Pro's Con's?

What I like: I like a few TV type channels (not soap operas), talk
radio, some good jazz, blues, old rock, top 40, and financial news.
Particularly like Comedy Channels!!

Lets rule out commercials here. As long as they are not too long I am
fine with it. I am not fine with songs or content being extremely
repetitive.

I was thinking of getting a home Sirius kit-comes all together with
one month free service. Then if I did not like it (return it to Best
Buy). If I like it, perhaps return home unit (or keep it) and get car
installation kit for Nissan Maxima.

If I buy anything it will be a satellite radio that connects through
Auxilliary in via Car CD Changer. RCA jacks.

Not sure where antenna goes for unit?

I think there is a Kenwood unit out for Sirius. Would need a above or
under dash unit. No slot in Maxima to install.

Thanks so much in advance.
Joe
Victor Healey

I looked into both and selected XM.
I like the exact same things you listed.

I wished I had bought into XM years ago, I really like the service and the
people I have dealt with at XM.

I can not say the same about my contact with Sirius.
I have found numerous deceptions in Sirius marketing and service.
The only reason I can see any one wanting Sirius is if they are Gay or
Lesbian and want the Out Q channel.

Sirius is a distant second to XM in content and overall user experience
IMHO.

XM is coming out with a bunch new receivers this summer using a new chip set
which will keep technically XM in the forefront of the two services for
another year or two. You can find some deals on current XM radios as dealers
clear them out to make room for the new lineup.

HI FI Buys is one I noticed that has cut their prices.

om...