Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
bassett[_2_] bassett[_2_] is offline

Default Why "accuracy"?

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 12 Sep, 15:41, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"bassett" wrote in message

In other words get the queer **** to put up or shut up.

Seems like you've done my work for me, Bassett.

nice friend you got, arny.
DId you meet him in church this past sunday?

Clyde. I am happy to see Bassett and Arny arm in arm.
But, sadly, Bassett is a stark contrast to Pinkie, who
was well educated and literate.

Educated enough to drop you on your arse Poofter boy

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
bassett[_2_] bassett[_2_] is offline

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ti.fi...

"bassett" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi...

"George M. Middius" cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote in message

Iain Churches said:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/iain.churches...ProdnBatch.jpg

Whatever they are, whoever they belong to, wherever they are.

My workshop.

Don't those open boxes get dusty?

The dust contributes to the retro sound:-) They are all tested
and await documentation in a couple of days they will have their
top panels fitted, and be ready for delivery.

You can see a ready one at:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/iain.churches/Pics/02A.jpg

The separate psu has two DC outputs, and can also power
a tube vinyl stage, designed and built in the same format.

First of all Stupid, you need to get your terminology right.
it's a Phono stage.

The unit is called TVS, the monogram for Tube Vinyl
Stage.

Well that tells us everything, your not real bright, investing in
dead technoligy. Next thing we know your'll be inventing an
analogue scrambler, or a hi-end lazer disc player

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"bassett" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ti.fi...

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ti.fi...

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ti.fi...

"bassett" wrote in message

Ask him , just how many valve amps he's produced over the
amount of ONE

Hello Bassett. Nice to see you teamed up with Arny:-)

http://www.kolumbus.fi/iain.churches...ProdnBatch.jpg

Whatever they are, whoever they belong to, wherever they are.

My workshop. Pics of which were posted on RAT (in a thread to which
you posted) Come and take a look for yourself -any time.

Coordinated lies are still lies. ;-)

Come and take a look. The offer still stands.

Pics of your amp projects would be of great interest.

Check Behringer's web site for their A500. I can't afford the time to
personally build a common kind of wheel.

So are saying you designed and built the Behringer A500? LOL

That's the unit which according to the local agent is not worthwhile
to repair. They put them in the bin and give the client a new one!

Note what seem to be power transistor cases on the middle deck of the
closest chassis. ;-)

Blind as well as stupid? :-))

At worst, victimized by a poor quality jpg.

You are indeed quite mad. It's a B9A tube socket.
Look along at the fourth unit, you will see it has the tubes fitted.

Funny I thought they where valves,,,

They are indeed called valves in the UK and the Commonwealth.
But you will find that in a more global sense, the word "tube" is
widely used. In addition, except for Russian, where they use the
word "lamp" the word in most languages translates to tube and not
valve (which is a device to restrict liquid flow)

Tubes are things water runs
through....

No, they are pipes.

Tube is an american distortion of the english language, and they
distort most things sooner or later. but your a Pommy, so you
should really embrace your english language. .

But I know you would bite,, That's why I posted it, A bit like
putting down cheese , and waiting for the Rat to bite.
You really are very predictable, and gullible to boot.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
bassett[_2_] bassett[_2_] is offline

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ti.fi...

"George M. Middius" cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote in message

Iain Churches said to The Big ****:

And Bach died in 1750. Does that detract from his greatness?
I worked with BG when I was a very young man. It was an
unforgettable experience.

Very nice but relevant to life in 2007 how?

For me, quite simply by building experience, and a recorded
repertoire.

Everyone in jazz knows of Benny Goodman, and to have worked
with the man is a great honour. Clarinet students today
listen and study his work, just as saxophone students study the
work of Charlie Parker who died in 1955, and jazz composers
and arrangers study Ellington who died in 1972. That kind of
genius is timeless. That is how it is relevant to 2007.

Your point is quite right, and the wisdom of it is apparent even to
non-productionoids (most of RAO).

However, you're "debating" with someone who has repeatedly pooh-poohed
music as a reference for audio.

"Music is irrelevant to audio."
A. Krooger (1998, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006)

George. I can see that you, and many others, are right.
I could be spending my time in a much more productive way.
And now that he has teamed up with the anonymous dyslectic
Bassett, there is just no hope:-)

Let's forget those two, and talk about audio.
Best regards
Iain

Well there we go, the only bloke churches can talk to, is on
everyone else's kill file list.
Now what does that tell us...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"bassett" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
Now you are back to lowest common denominators
again Arny. Is that all you understand? What interests
me here is not mass sales. The number of suits sold by
Saville Row tailors is miniscule compared to those sold
by your cheap and cheerful American mass-retail outlets.
In the same way the sale of Bentleys might be small in
comparison with Toyota or Nissan, but the people who
own a Bentley, just like the people who own a bespoke
tube amp, would not change it for the world. The same
applies to hand made furniture, or small volume clock
and watch production. I for one am happy that there is still
some demand for craftsmanship in the world.

Iain

bentley went broke and are now owned by VW

Bentley is still built in the UK, and like the other
prestigious marques, Aston Martin etc, have a healthy order
book.

Aston's are owned by James Packer, after he bought the company from
Ford. and are now designed by the Jaguar devision of Ford, under
licence. In fact the latest jag's and DB series, are more or less
identicial.
Same chassis's, same engine's, same body panels, inturnal trim is
a bit different , and there is a huge price difference, if the
things got an AM badge on the front.

And your wrong about there order book, they where on the point of
going under, had it not been for Packer. They banked on the new
Vantage, but it looked like it would bomb, due to excessive
priceing, and the fact that the soft top model was highly unstable, at
speed.

Anything else you want to know just ask.. and just to end Lambo
is owned by Audi.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

Iain Churches said:

[...]

you really should get onto some of this ***TUBE*** ****, Dunno
why anyone would want to fart around supposedly building the
stuff, when it's as cheap as ****.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc....094&1189677696

or this Cary,

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ube&1194730125

This will probably go for two and half, if he's lucky,

But this tells you , just what this type of stuff is worth, and it's
bugger all.
And while there's heaps of this sort of ****, being vended, try
finding some of the better class SS gear. rare as rocking horse
****.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
news

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi...

Cut your production by 90%.

Iain, I'm only meeting demand, which you have frequently claimed as a
justification for your weirdness.

But doing much less you can do it much better.

Iain, you clearly have no understanding of the market that I serve. Doing
less isn't an option.

You need be well-versed in the
field in which you are working, be it Baroque, classical, pop,
jazz or whatever.

Working on it. I've got an in-house guy with a PhD in music to help me.

Excellent. That's very good news.
Step 2. Keep your mouth shut and listen to the man.

We've been working together for about 2 1/2 years. Iain we're a team - a
concept that you obviously have no understanding of. For future reference,
please understand that members of teams converse with each other. Were any
team member to clam up as you suggest, would be highly disfunctional and
indicative of a breakdown of the team.

Learn from him. Also, get yourself enrolled as a recording arts
student. Level 1. and take it from there.

Iain, I teach people to do that sort of thing. I keep myself updated by
reading and conferencing. I'm sure that I could teach you any number of
things about the recording arts under real-world (adverse) conditions, given
your lack of hands-on experience with the total process.

You need to know the repertoire.

I don't get to choose that.

You miss the point. You need to know the repertoire.

I do.

You need to pay attention to detail.

Been there, done that and in many ways you'll never understand for lack
of
practical experience.

You may have been there, but you cannot make the same mistakes
over and over again.

Iain, you've solved your problem with mistakes by simply skipping over most
of the hands-on production process. Don't try to lecture me about things you
don't know as much about as I do.

In your case, where you cannot afford
the services of a professional producer, you need to be constantly
thinking not only about the technical but also the musical aspects
of the performance.

I leave that to the PhD who works with the musicians.

That is the incorrect approach. You are working as a close-nit
team. Please try to inderstand that.

If you mean do I team with the performers - sometimes that is possible and I
do it, other times its impossible and I don't even try. For example, I am
regularly tasked with recording middle and high school choirs and bands. For
8-12 hours a day I work with different groups and musical directors in 15 or
20 minute segments. Obviously I'm not working as a close-knit team with
50-odd musical directors and 1,500 different performers that I only see for
a few minutes on one day.

What I do, is team with the judges and festival director. There are only
about 6-8 of them and they work full days and half days. Mostly I work with
the most senior judges and the festival director who are there for the
duration.

See Iain, it is easy for a simple-minded, limited experience bloke like you
to spout off aphorisms. When the rubber hits the road you seem to always
come up looking like a blow-hard.

I rarely have the luxury of even a mediocre acoustic, so Iain your advice
is worthless.

The advice, which any professional will give you, is
invaluable.

No, its impractical. Again Iain, you are spouting off about what you know
nothing about. How many music festivals have you personally recorded out in
the field? By field I mean some church sancturary or a high school
auditorium. BTW, no rehearsals, one shot and whatever you do, that's it. By
personally recorded, I mean own all the equipment, do all the setup, push
all the buttons and turn all the knobs, personally deliver the finished
product to the end-user, and interact with said user should there be
problems with the product.

You need to build a reference, and you cannot
do this by listening to your own (in your case) poor
recordings.

Iain, I've been listening to good recordings and live music for about 60
years. If I don't know what my reference sounds like by now, its never going
to happen.

You are doing your church a great disservice by passing off
such shoddy work.

I've produced about 400 hours of work for my church. How much of it have
you heard?

Not too much.

Thanks for finally admitting the abject state of ignornace from which you
are speaking, Iain.

Shame on you! If, on the day of Judgement
God turns out to have perfect pitch, you and your band of
tambourine bashers will be in real trouble:-)

Take much more care, with infinitely more forward planning, for
each project.

Planning is another thing that is pretty limited by the context. At the
earliest, I know the song selection 4 days before the day of recording.

I am talking about technical forward planning not reperetoire.

Been there, done that. I've probably done more on-site recordings by
accident than you've done on purpose!

Have higher standards.

If I had higher standards for many things, I'd be of zero service to my
market.

Better is better, even though you work for your church for nothing.

No Iain, timely and at an acceptable or better quality level is the right
answer.

You talk about planning? I took my church from 5-SM57s, a cassette recorder,
and a cheap Mackie console that was broken; to more than 30 mid-grade mics,
CD and multitrack recorders, 56 channel digital console, etc., etc, in 5
years with a total expenditure of under $12K and 100% volunteer labor.

In the same time I upgraded the video and lighting systems to a similar or
greater degree. For example, when I took over the room there was no
integrated lighting control. Now, we have professional lighting fixtures
under central DMX control, all simplified to the point that we can and do
operate the system with a bright 10-year-old, I did all the operational and
installation work with volunteers I trained. I didn't do that without
vision, teamwork and planning and a lot of help from God and volunteers who
were generous with their time.

Forget your "Been there, done
that" You may have been there, but you did nothing at all of any
merit.

Ignorance sure can speak loudly!

So what percentage of the 400 or so hours of recordings that I've made in
the past 4-5 years have you heard, Iain?

I have heard enough to tell me (with reference to the work of
first year students) that you don't have a clue at the moment.

Actually Iain, you can't even give a coherent description of what you heard.
LOL!

That's a pity, because I get the feeling that recording is something
close to your heart.

I don't even know what you heard. For all I know, it could be some forgery
you received as an email attachment from the Middiot.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
[...]

don't waste your time on him, Arny. he's a bloody Prima Dona,
know's nothing about nothing, and is simply a smart arsed arrogant
****. Well that's not quite true, ****'s are useful, he is of no
use and is simply a parasite , What you might call a festering sore on
th arse of society.

Ask him, just how many SACD or DVD -A cd's he has produced, in
his colourful little career of Tea making.

And if he's so bloody successfull, how come he still needs to work,
he just compounds each lie, one on top of another. The bloke lives,
or perhaps that should be exists, in a little vacuum of his own
making... And if he's so bloody talanted, why is he living in a
dump like Finland, and not in one of the worlds recording capitals.

All we really know about the bloke is he's worked for decca, and
who knows at doing what, or how many years ago.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 12 Sep, 23:57, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

In your case, where you cannot afford
the services of a professional producer, you need to be constantly
thinking not only about the technical but also the musical aspects
of the performance.

I leave that to the PhD who works with the musicians.

and yet you bragged about working alone
and chided Ian for working within a team.

I rarely have the luxury of even a mediocre acoustic, so Iain your advice is
worthless.

and yet you chided Ian for his not paying for a
good venue out of his own pocket.

You are doing your church a great disservice by passing off
such shoddy work.

I've produced about 400 hours of work for my church. How much of it have you
heard?

as much as the typical member of your church has heard.

If I had higher standards for many things, I'd be of zero service to my
market.

exactly WHAT is your 'market"?

So what percentage of the 400 or so hours of recordings that I've made in
the past 4-5 years have you heard, Iain?

I ordered all of them from Amazon.
I am still waiting for the package

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 13 Sep, 01:58, George M. Middius cmndr _ george @ comcast . net
wrote:
Iain Churches said:

In the same way the sale of Bentleys might be small in
comparison with Toyota or Nissan, but the people who
own a Bentley,
Major justification: status symbol

Excellent car. The only people who don't like them are
those that haven't got one.

I'm not justifying the Krooborg's odious class envy, but shouldn't the very
rich take a leadership role in reducing our dependence on carbon-based
fuels?

you mean, like the rich liberals who live in large mansions
and fly private jets? you mean, people like Al Gore?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

wrote:
Iain Churches said:

In the same way the sale of Bentleys might be small in
comparison with Toyota or Nissan, but the people who
own a Bentley,
Major justification: status symbol

Excellent car. The only people who don't like them are
those that haven't got one.

I'm not justifying the Krooborg's odious class envy, but shouldn't the very
rich take a leadership role in reducing our dependence on carbon-based
fuels?

Take a look a the top ten and dirty thirty
list of the world's most polluted sites.
not one in the usa and old Europe.
Many of them are in the former or current egalitarian utopias
of the communist world.
stop blaming the rich!!!

http://www.blacksmithinstitute.org/ten.php

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Sep 13, 10:19 am, Clyde Slick wrote:

Take a look a the top ten and dirty thirty
list of the world's most polluted sites.
not one in the usa and old Europe.
Many of them are in the former or current egalitarian utopias
of the communist world.
stop blaming the rich!!!

Even a blind squirrel gets the occasional nut, and this is true
enough.

Of course there are those that would argue as follows, in no
particular order:

a) We also exported the jobs along with the pollution.
b) The rich continue to draw their income from large companies.
However, the large companies have transferred their production (along
with the pollution) elsewhere.
c) The rich are staying rich by purchasing labor at $0.95/hour to
produce goods that they can sell at WalMart which pays its employees
$5.85/hour and make them jump through hoops even to get basic
benefits. (Aside: There was a study recently that showed that the
average FT-W/benefits WalMart employee could not support a family of 4
and shop at WalMart on one salary).
d) The rich may create the jobs, but where are they creating them?

There are equally short answers to the above: Europe seems to have
welfare states, clean air, yet still make goods and sell services and
have health care internally and survive. And also take longer
vacations and have generally better educational systems at least in
terms of measured accomplishment. How much longer this will last is a
separate discussion.

Large companies do what they need to do to survive. The alternative to
say.... Mattel manufacturing in China is to go bankrupt as for damned
sure Hasbro or Tomy will crush them. Sure boutique manufacturers in
Germany or France or Sweden, or even the US will do fine... but their
sales in 10 years equal what Mattel does in 10 hours.

If we did not purchase those 'cheap' goods from the Pacific Rim as
fast or faster than they can be made, they wouldn't be made, period.
This goes for everything from toothpicks to cars. And if there were a
legitimate (vs.theoretical whining) demand for US-made goods at a
sustainable cost such that the makers could support their families on
those earnings, they would be made here. Period.

The rich want to stay that way. And many want to be just like them...
Not a difficult concept to understand. So, they will protect what they
have quite fiercely at times. Again, not a difficult concept to
understand.

Don't get me wrong for one single hummingbird heartbeat. There are the
rich, there are the poor, there are those somewhere in between... the
nuts in the nutcracker, if you will. Very few are "deprived" because
they are "depraved" and very few are rich because they are idle
thieves. I and my family am doing quite well, thank you, with an
assured retirement (in some years yet) in reasonable comfort. But my
wife and I have worked for well over 30 years and some to go to get
there. We count ourselves lucky that we have had and still have our
pick of jobs so it has been more fun than not... but we are by no
means unusual.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
news

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi...

Cut your production by 90%.

Iain, I'm only meeting demand, which you have frequently claimed as a
justification for your weirdness.

But doing much less you can do it much better.

Iain, you clearly have no understanding of the market that I serve. Doing
less isn't an option.

Perhaps it was not intended as such, Arny, but the above comes over as
sanctimonious hog-wash. You don't "serve ant market"

You need be well-versed in the
field in which you are working, be it Baroque, classical, pop,
jazz or whatever.

Working on it. I've got an in-house guy with a PhD in music to help me.

Excellent. That's very good news.
Step 2. Keep your mouth shut and listen to the man.

We've been working together for about 2 1/2 years. Iain we're a team - a
concept that you obviously have no understanding of.

I have ben talking to you about the team concept in recording for longer
than I care to remember. It is the only way to make anything decent.
The team does not have to be large, but the level of expertise must be high.

For future reference,
please understand that members of teams converse with each other. Were any
team member to clam up as you suggest, would be highly disfunctional and
indicative of a breakdown of the team.

I am telling you to listen to this man, who probably knows a great
deal more about music than you do.

Learn from him. Also, get yourself enrolled as a recording arts
student. Level 1. and take it from there.

Iain, I teach people to do that sort of thing. I keep myself updated by
reading and conferencing. I'm sure that I could teach you any number of
things about the recording arts under real-world (adverse) conditions,
given your lack of hands-on experience with the total process.

You teach it? !!!! God help us all. Your work is worse than
anything I have heard from a 1st year student.
You should enrol at Level 1.

Iain, you've solved your problem with mistakes by simply skipping over
most of the hands-on production process. Don't try to lecture me about
things you don't know as much about as I do.

I am talking about the proper methodology for making decent recordings.
Just think, for a minute Arny of the potential. How many Baptists are there
un the USA? Imagine that you had a well recorded CD, nicely presented
and packaged. You could probably sell 10 000 copies without too much
trouble. That's USD 200 000 gross for your church. Much more than you
will ever get by passing round the collection plate. Then follows income
from performance and copyright. The Mormons can do it, so why can't
the Baptists:-)))

Actually Iain, you can't even give a coherent description of what you
heard. LOL!

We have discussed it previously..

That's a pity, because I get the feeling that recording is something
close to your heart.

I don't even know what you heard. For all I know, it could be some forgery
you received as an email attachment from the Middiot.

No as I have told you, it was something posted in an URL which was
downloaded and sent to me as an e-mail attachment. I asked you
about it (on UKRA IIRC) and you admitted it was your work.
So don't try to push the blame on to George, I am sure he
would be much better at recording than you will ever be.

There seems little point in continuing this conversation with you, as
you are intent on continuing on your easy path of mediocrity.

Good fortune.
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
news

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi...

Cut your production by 90%.

Iain, I'm only meeting demand, which you have frequently claimed as a
justification for your weirdness.

But doing much less you can do it much better.

Iain, you clearly have no understanding of the market that I serve. Doing
less isn't an option.

Perhaps it was not intended as such, Arny, but the above comes over as
sanctimonious hog-wash. You don't "serve ant market"

I have to defend Arny a bit here, though when I've done so in the past
I've paid a price.

The part of Arny's business that includes recording school contests is
very helpful to the ensembles and their conductors. The resulting
recordings are sometimes the only recordings they will hear of
themselves (though that's probably less true now than in the past), and
in addition to the educational value, they are a nice way to remember
the day, which is result of much hard work. I adjudicate such contests,
and as a young school teacher and student, I participated in several
such festivals.

I also conducted a church choir (and directed other musical and
non-musical aspects of worship) at a church in the 90s, and I always
appreciated hearing the recordings of that part of my work.

So, I support this aspect of Arny's work.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Clyde Slick said:

I leave that to the PhD who works with the musicians.

and yet you bragged about working alone
and chided Ian for working within a team.

Not to mention Krooger's paralyzing fear of musicians who have PhDs.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

Clyde Slick said:

I'm not justifying the Krooborg's odious class envy, but shouldn't the very
rich take a leadership role in reducing our dependence on carbon-based
fuels?

you mean, like the rich liberals who live in large mansions
and fly private jets? you mean, people like Al Gore?

I'm sorry he let you down.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

Iain Churches said:

Iain, you clearly have no understanding of the market that I serve. Doing
less isn't an option.

Perhaps it was not intended as such, Arny, but the above comes over as
sanctimonious hog-wash. You don't "serve ant market"

Except when the Bug Eater is in town.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi...

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

I have ben talking to you about the team concept in recording for longer
than I care to remember.

Blather on about common knowlege here, if that's what you want to do Iain.

It is the only way to make anything decent.

Not true.

The team does not have to be large, but the level of expertise must be
high.

Whatever that means when you're part of the team, Iain.

For future reference,
please understand that members of teams converse with each other. Were
any
team member to clam up as you suggest, would be highly disfunctional and
indicative of a breakdown of the team.

I am telling you to listen to this man, who probably knows a great
deal more about music than you do.

Iain, you are really fun. I wrote that paragraph!

Learn from him. Also, get yourself enrolled as a recording arts
student. Level 1. and take it from there.

Iain, I teach people to do that sort of thing. I keep myself updated by
reading and conferencing. I'm sure that I could teach you any number of
things about the recording arts under real-world (adverse) conditions,
given your lack of hands-on experience with the total process.

You teach it? !!!! God help us all. Your work is worse than
anything I have heard from a 1st year student.
You should enrol at Level 1.

Iain, you should spend some time in the real world.

Iain, you've solved your problem with mistakes by simply skipping over
most of the hands-on production process. Don't try to lecture me about
things you don't know as much about as I do.

I am talking about the proper methodology for making decent recordings.

...which are well-know.

Just think, for a minute Arny of the potential. How many Baptists are
there
un the USA? Imagine that you had a well recorded CD, nicely presented
and packaged. You could probably sell 10 000 copies without too much
trouble. That's USD 200 000 gross for your church. Much more than you
will ever get by passing round the collection plate. Then follows income
from performance and copyright. The Mormons can do it, so why can't
the Baptists:-)))

Baptists do, and unbeknownst to you there's a big market for recordings of
religious sounds, the music being played by skilled musicians.

The thing you don't get Iain is that the musicians I work with are amateurs,
and not exceptional ones. Most people who listen to my recordings are very
pleased with the instrument sounds, but take issue with the skills of the
singers.

Actually Iain, you can't even give a coherent description of what you
heard. LOL!

We have discussed it previously..

Yawn.

That's a pity, because I get the feeling that recording is something
close to your heart.

I don't even know what you heard. For all I know, it could be some
forgery
you received as an email attachment from the Middiot.

No as I have told you, it was something posted in an URL which was
downloaded and sent to me as an e-mail attachment. I asked you
about it (on UKRA IIRC) and you admitted it was your work.
So don't try to push the blame on to George, I am sure he
would be much better at recording than you will ever be.

Yawn.

There seems little point in continuing this conversation with you, as
you are intent on continuing on your easy path of mediocrity.

Iain, you really don't get it, do you? Not everybody gets to record top
musicians in top halls. The quality of the acoustic source can be the major
limiting factor. That's not an excuse to slack off, but it does put a cap on
the overall sonic quality of the results. However, there's a small but
steady demand for these recordings because of their personal interest to a
small group of people.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"Jenn" wrote in message

The part of Arny's business that includes recording school contests is
very helpful to the ensembles and their conductors. The resulting
recordings are sometimes the only recordings they will hear of
themselves (though that's probably less true now than in the past), and
in addition to the educational value, they are a nice way to remember
the day, which is result of much hard work. I adjudicate such contests,
and as a young school teacher and student, I participated in several
such festivals.

I'm also told that school music directors use the recordings as teaching
aids, to help the students sound like when they do good or less good.

I also conducted a church choir (and directed other musical and
non-musical aspects of worship) at a church in the 90s, and I always
appreciated hearing the recordings of that part of my work.

Most of the people who listen to my recordings from church either want to
listen to the sermon or are shut-ins who want to hear the services that they
are forced to miss due to health issues. I have produced collections of
music that many have purchased from the church, presumably because they have
a sentimental attachment to the specific performances and/or performers.

So, I support this aspect of Arny's work.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

The part of Arny's business that includes recording school contests is
very helpful to the ensembles and their conductors. The resulting
recordings are sometimes the only recordings they will hear of
themselves (though that's probably less true now than in the past), and
in addition to the educational value, they are a nice way to remember
the day, which is result of much hard work. I adjudicate such contests,
and as a young school teacher and student, I participated in several
such festivals.

I'm also told that school music directors use the recordings as teaching
aids, to help the students sound like when they do good or less good.

Fer sure.

I also conducted a church choir (and directed other musical and
non-musical aspects of worship) at a church in the 90s, and I always
appreciated hearing the recordings of that part of my work.

Most of the people who listen to my recordings from church either want to
listen to the sermon or are shut-ins who want to hear the services that they
are forced to miss due to health issues. I have produced collections of
music that many have purchased from the church, presumably because they have
a sentimental attachment to the specific performances and/or performers.

Yep, typical and important work, IMV.

So, I support this aspect of Arny's work.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

On 13 Sep, 17:50, Peter Wieck wrote:
[...]

many of these sites were not polluted by Western capitalists,
exporting
the 'dirty work'.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

Iain Churches said:

Iain, you clearly have no understanding of the market that I serve.
Doing
less isn't an option.

Perhaps it was not intended as such, Arny, but the above comes over as
sanctimonious hog-wash. You don't "serve ant market"

Except when the Bug Eater is in town.

"Any", George, "Any" :-))

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 13 Sep, 19:30, George M. Middius cmndr _ george @ comcast . net
wrote:
Clyde Slick said:

I'm not justifying the Krooborg's odious class envy, but shouldn't the very
rich take a leadership role in reducing our dependence on carbon-based
fuels?

you mean, like the rich liberals who live in large mansions
and fly private jets? you mean, people like Al Gore?

I'm sorry he let you down.

i voted for him in the 92 primary

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

On 13 Sep, 20:24, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Baptists do, and unbeknownst to you there's a big market for recordings of
religious sounds, the music being played by skilled musicians.

the market would be for recordings of religious 'music, Arny, not
religious 'sounds.

maybe someday you will comprehend the difference
between 'music' and 'sounds'.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

Clyde Slick said:

I leave that to the PhD who works with the musicians.

and yet you bragged about working alone
and chided Iain for working within a team.

Not to mention Krooger's paralyzing fear of musicians who have PhDs.

What worries me in all this, is that Arny now claims he
is teaching others. It may take thedse poor souls years to
unlearn what Arny has "taught" them.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

On Sep 13, 1:30 pm, ScottW wrote:
On Sep 13, 7:50 am, Peter Wieck wrote:

On Sep 13, 10:19 am, Clyde Slick wrote:

Take a look a the top ten and dirty thirty
list of the world's most polluted sites.
not one in the usa and old Europe.
Many of them are in the former or current egalitarian utopias
of the communist world.
stop blaming the rich!!!

Even a blind squirrel gets the occasional nut, and this is true
enough.

Of course there are those that would argue as follows, in no
particular order:

a) We also exported the jobs along with the pollution.

Nice to see yourself include in that decision process by
expecting reasonable returns for your IRA and 401K
investments.

b) The rich continue to draw their income from large companies.
However, the large companies have transferred their production (along
with the pollution) elsewhere.

It's not just the "rich" dictating this. Its the entire free market
system
of competitive capital investment that rewards maximum profits
and punishes poorer performance.

c) The rich are staying rich by purchasing labor at $0.95/hour to
produce goods that they can sell at WalMart which pays its employees
$5.85/hour and make them jump through hoops even to get basic
benefits.

So is the school teachers and janitors pension plans.

(Aside: There was a study recently that showed that the
average FT-W/benefits WalMart employee could not support a family of 4
and shop at WalMart on one salary).

So obviously the average FT-W/benefits Walmart position should
not be considered a career for the average head of household,
but it is a reasonable second income or non-head of household
position.

Um... if all that many "career" type jobs were available, this might
be an apt sentiment. However, you will need to consider that it is by
no means unusual for the "head of household" to have two jobs and the
"second income" to have the same. Between the three FTEs, they might
be doing OK, but that is a precarious situation to maintain.

d) The rich may create the jobs, but where are they creating them?

Investors create jobs, rich ones and poor ones and they all want
the same thing. As much return on their investment as they can
get.

Yep. And just push yet more jobs off-shore.

There are equally short answers to the above: Europe seems to have
welfare states, clean air, yet still make goods and sell services and
have health care internally and survive.

and what is different? Their rich people have a different attitude
or do their governments have different trade policies?

Well, as it happens, their trade policies are pretty similar to ours.
And within their market, as open as ours. And their rich are no
different from ours.

And also take longer
vacations and have generally better educational systems at least in
terms of measured accomplishment. How much longer this will last is a
separate discussion.

Large companies do what they need to do to survive.

Bingo.

The alternative to
say.... Mattel manufacturing in China is to go bankrupt as for damned
sure Hasbro or Tomy will crush them.

We could dump the WTO and tell China to go pound sand.....

Which would accomplish what? Keep in mind that this country does not
make a single LCD screen at any level, even for our own fighter planes
and Boeing Commercial jets. Just one persnickety example. Of course,
in that case, China would call our debts (cash out of their US
securities and dump their cash reserves)... Can you say DEPRESSION?

Sure boutique manufacturers in
Germany or France or Sweden, or even the US will do fine... but their
sales in 10 years equal what Mattel does in 10 hours.

If we did not purchase those 'cheap' goods from the Pacific Rim as
fast or faster than they can be made, they wouldn't be made, period.
This goes for everything from toothpicks to cars. And if there were a
legitimate (vs.theoretical whining) demand for US-made goods at a
sustainable cost such that the makers could support their families on
those earnings, they would be made here. Period.

BS...the demand for US goods at "sustainable cost" vaporizes in the
face of lower cost alternatives.
We need our government to enact reasonable fair trade policy,
not advocate exportation of our manufacturing base at the
rate of a factory a day.

Twaddle. Very large US-based manufacturers survive just fine, and any
number of overseas makers are coming here to manufacture. Examples
include Caterpillar, Case, Hyundai, Freightliner (Daimler Benz), Mack
Trucks (Volvo, formerly Renault) and others. GE, Maytag... The list
goes on. Fair Trade isn't. Consumers drive the market and the choices
are to penalize the consumer or penalize inefficient or high-cost
suppliers. If Euro and Japanese carmakers who pay just as many wages
and equal legacy costs (just very differently) to any US maker can
still sell cars and make money in the US, yet do not want to buy our
cars (no surprise there) very much, that would have nothing to do with
trade policy. And Americans are quite capable of building a damned
fine car. Just few from the "Big Three" for some reason that I really
cannot fathom given the chances and time they have had.

Joe Consumer is simply not prepared to subsidize his neighbor's job
and buy products at anything from 30% to 500% more than what he can
get by going off-shore.

The rich want to stay that way. And many want to be just like them...
Not a difficult concept to understand. So, they will protect what they
have quite fiercely at times. Again, not a difficult concept to
understand.

And then by benefit of your retirement plans and investments,
you're one of the rich driving the push for maximum profits
and maximum "shareholder value".
The idea that you're different from the rich and therefore
less to blame is unrealistic.

Never avoided the blame. Just the descriptive of "rich". I choose not
to live as the typical Bolivian (Bolivia has about a 1:1 relationship
between population and consumption, the United States is ~5:1). But I
am acutely aware that the rest of the world, including China and India
wishes to eat our lunch. They have gotten a good share of our dinner
and snacks and after lunch they will start on breakfast without any
apologies at all. Keep in mind that if China and India consumed energy
at the same rate we did (inclusive of oil, gas, nuclear and so forth),
they would use something on the order of 180% of the *total* world
supply. And that is exactly where they want to be.

We have a choice in this country. We can be smarter, faster, better
educated and more productive than our competitors, or we can slide
quietly into third-world oblivion. Take your pick.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

On Sep 13, 2:20 pm, Clyde Slick wrote:

many of these sites were not polluted by Western capitalists,
exporting
the 'dirty work'.- Hide quoted text -

Of course not. But the 'dirty work' fled to the unregulated areas.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

Iain Churches said:

Not to mention Krooger's paralyzing fear of musicians who have PhDs.

What worries me in all this, is that Arny now claims he
is teaching others. It may take thedse poor souls years to
unlearn what Arny has "taught" them.

Arnii has explained his "teaching" in more detail on RAO. It involves
"Sunday school" (i.e. religious indoctrination) and "basement training
sessions with youths" (we don't speak of the real meaning).

--

"Music is irrelevant to audio."
A. Krooger (1998, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

Iain Churches said:

Perhaps it was not intended as such, Arny, but the above comes over as
sanctimonious hog-wash. You don't "serve ant market"

Except when the Bug Eater is in town.

"Any", George, "Any" :-))

Scared you, eh? :-)

No. I keep a giant spider in a tea-chest under my bed:-)

I use a Scandi keyboard, in three languages, and type at the
speed of sound. Apologies for any typos.
My syntax is usually quite good though, innit:-)

Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Iain Churches said:

You don't "serve ant market"

Except when the Bug Eater is in town.

"Any", George, "Any" :-))

Scared you, eh? :-)

No. I keep a giant spider in a tea-chest under my bed:-)

That won't scare off Mikey. As far as we know, he's only scared of things
he doesn't understand. Examples are the beneficial effects of a strong
central government, the free market system, and living without consuming
rage.

I use a Scandi keyboard, in three languages, and type at the
speed of sound. Apologies for any typos.
My syntax is usually quite good though, innit:-)

For an Englishman, definitely. :-)

They're playing Bach's "Adagio in C" now. Quite the mournful piece.

--

"Music is irrelevant to audio."
A. Krooger (1998, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Iain Churches" wrote:

[...]

Jenn. I too support this aspect of Arny's work,and the fact that
he does it free is commendable. The problem is that he does it
so badly! I would love to come and play the cor Anglais in your
orchestra - so much so that I would come for nothing. The
problem is that I cannot play the cor Anglais:-)

You are probably in the US. Here in Scandinavia many recording
professionals are involved with an EU Youth scheme, in which we
record young gifted musicians, ensembles, and orchestras or every
genre. The technical standard expected is high. Musicians want
to be able to play their performances to other musicians without
making them cry!

Best regards
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote:

[...]

I haven't heard any of Arny's work, so I can't comment on it. I asked
for some samples once, but it didn't happen.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

"George M. Middius" cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote in message

Iain Churches said:

You don't "serve ant market"

Except when the Bug Eater is in town.

"Any", George, "Any" :-))

Scared you, eh? :-)

No. I keep a giant spider in a tea-chest under my bed:-)

That won't scare off Mikey. As far as we know, he's only scared of things
he doesn't understand. Examples are the beneficial effects of a strong
central government, the free market system, and living without consuming
rage.

He certainly won't understand the spider! It will have him by the leg before
he can say "double blind test"

They're playing Bach's "Adagio in C" now. Quite the mournful piece.

Wonderful. I have the Leopold Stokowsky transcription.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote:

[...]

Count yourself blessed:-)

I apologise if I seem to be hard on him.
I find his sanctimonious "been there, done that"
attitude uningratiating to say the least. Recording,
like any other profession, demands study and
hard work which needs to be taken very seriously.
There are no short cuts even in the very simple things
that Arny does.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"Iain Churches" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
"Iain Churches" wrote:

[...]

Oh, I certainly have my problems with Arny. I just can't comment on the
quality of his work.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Sep 13, 3:00 pm, ScottW wrote:

Again...you talk out both sides of your mouth advocating higher
wages for unskilled labor demotivating the pursuit of education
while calling to be smarter faster better educated.

Since when have I advocated higher wages? I thought that was your
shtick given your apparent desire for protective trade policies. I am
simply stating that most (but by no means all) of the available jobs
for 're-located' workers are service jobs paying at-or-near minimum
wage and with very limited benefits. Not everyone can or wants to
train to be a nurse when they are 50 and spent the last 25 years on a
production line that has shut down and moved a few thousand miles west
or south. Teachers' wages vary mightily. My wife was making $85,700
annually as a dual-masters, dual-qualified (regular and special-ed/
gifted) teacher and certified school psychologist in her district
before we went to Saudi for a few years. She is now retired by choice.
But starting wages in parts of Pennsylvania are around $27,000. And
that also requires a degree + internship + special courses such that
even those with an undergraduate degree or even a masters in
"something else" would have to go back to school for a year or so.

Everyone is not ever going to be a college grad in the US.
We need to have a reasonably balanced policy that does provide
our manufacturing base some protection from slave labor rates
in China. Otherwise, they will hang us with our own rope.

See what I mean?

No, they will hang us by their rope. Very little rope is made in the
US any more.

And don't worry about China going broke dumping US dollars. They are
more-or-less doing that now (dumping) purchasing cheap oil on world
markets. Oil is priced in dollars, and, for the record, the SAR is
pegged to the dollar. So as the Euro and the Pound and the Swiss Franc
and even the Canadian Dollar (now about at par) inflates, the price of
oil relatively declines and gets cheap. We think oil is expensive
relative to what we have been paying... the Chinese think it is cheap
as hell given what they have been paying... now that they have our
dollars.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Iain thinks that he is omnisicient.

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
.fi...

"Jenn" wrote in message

[...]

More proof that Iain habitually spews trash. He's never ever heard even just
one of my school festival recordings because they are totally private to the
festival and the school the choir or band comes from. The one recording he
may haev heard has a questionable lineage.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Iain Churches" wrote:

[...]

Don't waste your time Jenn, this clowns on an ego trip of epic
proportions

Then churches wailed,,, Should I take another one with me holding up
today's copy of the "Huvudstadsbladet"? LOL.

that would be a good idea, it will confirm the fact you are a
poofter.
bassett

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,aus.hi-fi
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"bassett" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote:

[...]

I'm aware of Arny's shortcomings. But the truth is the truth.

Then churches wailed,,, Should I take another one with me holding up
today's copy of the "Huvudstadsbladet"? LOL.

that would be a good idea, it will confirm the fact you are a
poofter.
bassett

Better a "poofter" than a bigot.