M_P

Default TFT display into a car??

Hey all,

Hopefully the right group for this.

I was thinking about putting a 13" to 15" TFT display in my car. And
more specifically a computer display. The reason being that I might
later want to put a computer or xbox etc also. But for now I would
connect a DVD/CD/MP3 etc player to the display. Also with this choice
bigger for much less.

Some main points I'd like to know a (also please feel free to add)
- First off I would have to get a inverter, I know this. Size etc? (big
enought to run the display and later a PC/xbox/PS2)
- Best way to connect and place the inverter? I really wasnt thinking
about putting a cigarette lighter inverter.
- How to connect the DVD into the display? Different cables I assume?
- Compatibility problems? Resolution settings etc.
- How well shock absorband would the display be? Specs would tell that
but better to hear someone who has some on hand experience

Has anyone done this kind of project and could give some advice, or
maybe someone knows a good site for this?

Thanks, M_P