Dale Atkin

Default Dog ate my face plate :(

Left the dog in the car for about 15 minutes after a long car ride, and he
decided my stereo face plate would make a nice snack. Anyways, it still
works some of the time, but some times none of the buttons work, and
sometimes only the ones on the right hand side work, and sometimes the CD
ejects randomly. Anyways, its not an expensive stereo, so I'm not too
worried, but what I'm wondering what people know about the interface between
the face plate and the stereo itself? As I said its a pretty cheap one,
several years old (sony something or other), so no fancy security features.

Is it likely just not making a good connection?

I assume it isn't worth it to try to locate a new face plate?

Dale

Cyrus

In article mKCNd.15930$tU6.926@edtnps91,
"Dale Atkin" wrote:

Left the dog in the car for about 15 minutes after a long car ride, and he
decided my stereo face plate would make a nice snack. Anyways, it still
works some of the time, but some times none of the buttons work, and
sometimes only the ones on the right hand side work, and sometimes the CD
ejects randomly. Anyways, its not an expensive stereo, so I'm not too
worried, but what I'm wondering what people know about the interface between
the face plate and the stereo itself? As I said its a pretty cheap one,
several years old (sony something or other), so no fancy security features.

Is it likely just not making a good connection?

Try rubbing a pencil eraser on the contacts of the faceplate and the
contacts on the front of the HU. If things are still acting weird, your
problem lies with the faceplate. (or lack thereof, depending on your
dog's hunger at the time)

I assume it isn't worth it to try to locate a new face plate?

Probably cost less to replace the HU.

Dale

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

MOSFET

I know when my dog plays with anything she gets spit all all over it. I
once spilt pop (OK, wine) all over my face plate and some of the buttons
wouldn't work. I opened up the back of my Alpine (it's held together with
little screws), took it apart and cleaned it from the inside. It worked
perfect afterwards. This might be your problem.

"Dale Atkin" wrote in message
Left the dog in the car for about 15 minutes after a long car ride, and he
decided my stereo face plate would make a nice snack. Anyways, it still
works some of the time, but some times none of the buttons work, and
sometimes only the ones on the right hand side work, and sometimes the CD
ejects randomly. Anyways, its not an expensive stereo, so I'm not too
worried, but what I'm wondering what people know about the interface

between
the face plate and the stereo itself? As I said its a pretty cheap one,
several years old (sony something or other), so no fancy security

features.

Is it likely just not making a good connection?

I assume it isn't worth it to try to locate a new face plate?

Dale

Bruce Chang

"Dale Atkin" wrote in message
Left the dog in the car for about 15 minutes after a long car ride, and he
decided my stereo face plate would make a nice snack. Anyways, it still
works some of the time, but some times none of the buttons work, and
sometimes only the ones on the right hand side work, and sometimes the CD
ejects randomly. Anyways, its not an expensive stereo, so I'm not too
worried, but what I'm wondering what people know about the interface
between the face plate and the stereo itself? As I said its a pretty cheap
one, several years old (sony something or other), so no fancy security
features.

Is it likely just not making a good connection?

I assume it isn't worth it to try to locate a new face plate?

Dale

What kind of radio is it? I have an old Sony faceplate for a CD player that
my friend gave me back in college to sell and I never did. It's just been
sitting in my toolbox since. If you gave me a model number, I could see if
it matches mine. Otherwise, you might go visit my friend Trace at
www.facereplace.com and see if he's got what you're looking for.

-Bruce

Dale Atkin

What kind of radio is it? I have an old Sony faceplate for a CD player
that my friend gave me back in college to sell and I never did.

Mine is a CDX-CA400. Just took it apart, and put it back together again.
Seems to be working better for now (although a couple of the buttons were
too mangled to actually make it back in...)

Dale

Alpine TDA7548 Face Plate Swap alpino Car Audio 0 June 24th 04 04:07 AM
cdc-x427yuc Face plate Cade Car Audio 0 June 8th 04 01:33 AM
Intermittent face plate buttons Tony Hwang Car Audio 1 March 19th 04 03:42 AM
Pioneer receiver installed with frame (around face plate) on or off? SZ Car Audio 1 October 1st 03 08:10 PM
remote mounting face plate?? Please help! Rich Car Audio 0 August 8th 03 06:07 PM