Incog

Default Sub + amp wiring question

I've got a quick question as far as wiring goes. I have a pair of RF 12"
HX2 DVC (4 ohms x 2) subwoofers which I believe are rated at 600 RMS
1000 MAX. They were installed where I bought the things and I never
really saw how they were wired (because I had them taken out when I sold
the car). They were running off a RF Punch 500a2 amp. My question is
this: how much power are the subs gonna be actually getting? I checked
the subs...and the two positives are connected and the two negatives are
connected (but each subs werent connected together as far as I could
tell). If each sub was wired like that (which I believes brings them
down to 2 ohms each) and each sub was connected to a channel on the
amp...how much power they gonna get. I dont know if they were connected
Mono or what. The RF site says that the Punch 500 power rating is 710x1
@ 4 ohms, and Per Channel into a 2 ohm load is 330Wx2. So that mean each
only gets 330? I thought that sounded a bit underpowered. But I did use
the things for about 8 months and they sounded great, never had any
problems. Anyways, let me know if that is correct and if it should work
that way? Or if not, whats the best wiring config for this type of
setup. Thanks
scott johnson

they were wired the best way for your configuration. each sub was getting
330 watts like you stated.if it sounded good and you had no problems,i
wouldn't worry about it .