Al Dykes

Default Looking for a simple T-table preamp (Moving Magnet Cartridge)

I want to rip some of my vinyl and am setting up my old Linn
turntable. I don't have the rack-system preamp anymore and want a
minimal preamp that can do a decent job boosing the MM signal
to feed into the sound card on my PC.

At minimum this is a battery-powered amp that has RCA jacks for input
and line-level output. I wouldn't mind USB or FireWire. My sund card
has SPDIF connector, which I've never screwed with.

RatShack has a phono amp for $30. has anyone tried it, esp with a MM
cart ?

Any other suggestions ?

--
Al Dykes
-----------
Arny Krueger

Al Dykes wrote:
I want to rip some of my vinyl and am setting up my old Linn
turntable. I don't have the rack-system preamp anymore and want a
minimal preamp that can do a decent job boosing the MM signal
to feed into the sound card on my PC.

At minimum this is a battery-powered amp that has RCA jacks for input
and line-level output. I wouldn't mind USB or FireWire. My sund card
has SPDIF connector, which I've never screwed with.

RatShack has a phono amp for $30. has anyone tried it, esp with a MM

cart ?

It is pretty minimal, and useful only with MM cartrdiges.

Any other suggestions ?

http://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?phonpre.htm