wideglide340

true ignition source is typically found at the steering column harness.
this wire differentiates from your hu accessory wire (red) in that
during the crank mode it will stay energized. if you are using the
relay for additional battery then you will have to find this wire so
that the batterys are connected together while the car is trying to
start. if you want to isolate it from the primary battery during
crank mode then just use the accessory wire. if you were to tell me the
year make and model of the vehicle i could probably tell where to find
it and what color it was.

--
wideglide340
wideglide340's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32811

AntiSpammer

Default whats ignition source???

hi all,

need help to install the stinger SR200 isolator, where and what does the
true ignition source means?

can i install it without connecting the "true ignition source" ?

http://stingerelectronics.com/sting_...%20DIAGRAM.pdf

thanks in advance

wideglide340

a cool way to do it is with a relay actually from your headunit remote
turn on so that when your hu turns on the batterys are now parrallel.
or you can just use accessory wire ie.red on hu harness. it is also a
possibility you may want add a switch so that if your front battery
dies then you can parralell them and actually jumpstart your own car
with the aux. battery. if you need any help just let me know.

--
wideglide340
wideglide340's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32811
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=211282

AntiSpammer

thanks for your input.

As i wanted the 2nd battery just to power the amps and nothing else, you
mean I can just forget about that ignition source? or is it a MUST even if I
dont need the 2nd battery to crank up the engine?

AntiSpammer

thanks a lot!
will have to strip out and take a look at the wires first :P

Changing Source for mp3 player in car UserJ Car Audio 5 February 1st 05 02:51 AM
Ignition Noise Derek Hudson Car Audio 2 June 5th 04 12:51 PM
Speaker Repair Glue - Name and Source bulk buys TC General 1 January 3rd 04 05:52 AM
Speaker Glue Source - I wanna buy bulk! TC Audio Opinions 1 January 3rd 04 01:16 AM
Speaker Repair Glue - Looking for a source TC Marketplace 1 January 2nd 04 09:31 PM