Zymurgy

Default help required : Kenwood in car stereo with rotating faceplate

Hi All,

Hope you can help me here.

I have a kenwood (car stereo) head unit in the car, with an infra red
remote fob that (I assume !) re-activates it once the power has been
disconnected.

The Faceplate would automatically revolve when I turned on the
ignition, but now refuses to do so at all once I changed the battery
the other week.

Can anyone tell me where the sensor for the radio/head unit ? Is there
a time limit before it refuses to acknowlege the remote ?

I can't get the model number as this is on the bit that revolves back
into itself when the ignition's off

Thanks for any help

Regards

Paul.
Bruce Chang

"Zymurgy" wrote in message
om...
Hi All,

Hope you can help me here.

I have a kenwood (car stereo) head unit in the car, with an infra red
remote fob that (I assume !) re-activates it once the power has been
disconnected.

The Faceplate would automatically revolve when I turned on the
ignition, but now refuses to do so at all once I changed the battery
the other week.

Can anyone tell me where the sensor for the radio/head unit ? Is there
a time limit before it refuses to acknowlege the remote ?

I can't get the model number as this is on the bit that revolves back
into itself when the ignition's off

Thanks for any help

Regards

Paul.

of the D-mask units I've seen, there is a "hidden" button on the top left
that you just push (it's more like you bend the corner of the blank plate)
and the head unit will open. The IR remote won't do anything because the
face needs to be exposed to receive the IR signal. If you posted the model
number, that would be most helpful or go to www.kenwoodusa.com and find the
manual, download it and read it.

-Bruce