Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Trader

Default Car Amp Comparison

Hi,

I recently bought a MTX 502 Thunder Amp and it's built like a tank and is
quite hefty. It works great with my 12" sub. My (4) 6 x 9 speakers are
powered by a Kenwood Excelon 4-channel X-614 amp. The MTX is only a two
channel amp but weighs quite a bit more then the 4 channel Kenwood. This
leads me to believe that the MTX probably has larger capacitors and
Torodials. I was thinking of selling the Kenwood and replacing it with a
MTX 4-channel amp. I'm wondering if anyone has done a comparison of car
amps and if there is a big difference in sound quality from one
manufacturer's amps to another ? Please refrain from posting if you're in
the camp that they all sound the same............I know with home amps that
this is not true and my ears are the proof. I've tested many amps on my
system and have run them at low levels so they amp was not clipping and I
could hear a difference when I flipped back and forth. Some amps produced
better bass, some better mids, some had glaring highs, etc. Thanks

Digital Radio Sound Quality in Comparison Al High End Audio 4 January 18th 04 08:16 PM
here are some preamp comparison results jnorman Pro Audio 13 November 25th 03 03:36 AM
DSD vs PCM Explanation & Comparison Audy Pro Audio 163 October 26th 03 01:17 AM
USB Mic Pre Comparison IS Pro Audio 4 October 23rd 03 01:59 AM
EQ Comparison: A&H vs Crest BlacklineMusic Pro Audio 0 October 9th 03 07:04 PM