Peter Larsen

Default on topic: we need a rec.audio.pro.ot newsgroup!

subject header says it ...

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

George

Peter Larsen wrote:

subject header says it ...

Respectfully I disagre what we(in the geocentric USA view) need is a
president that actually gets elected and uses his position for the
betterment of the USA and World alike
George
Kendall

"George" wrote in message
Peter Larsen wrote:

subject header says it ...

Respectfully I disagre what we(in the geocentric USA view) need is a
president that actually gets elected and uses his position for the
betterment of the USA and World alike

Respectfully, I disagree with you. The reason for this newsgroup to exist
is to discuss audio. I don't give a **** which "wing" you identify with,
but if you are going to discuss it, do it elswhere, where it is encouraged.
This is an AUDIO newsgroup. When the MAJORITY of the posts don't reflect
AUDIO, then something is wrong. Take it elsewhere. When I decide I DO want
to discuss politics, I'll meet you there.

Kendall

George

George

"Kendall" wrote:

"George" wrote in message
Peter Larsen wrote:

subject header says it ...

Respectfully I disagre what we(in the geocentric USA view) need is a
president that actually gets elected and uses his position for the
betterment of the USA and World alike

Respectfully, I disagree with you. The reason for this newsgroup to exist
is to discuss audio. I don't give a **** which "wing" you identify with,
but if you are going to discuss it, do it elswhere, where it is encouraged.
This is an AUDIO newsgroup. When the MAJORITY of the posts don't reflect
AUDIO, then something is wrong. Take it elsewhere. When I decide I DO want
to discuss politics, I'll meet you there.

I guess you don't understand that when the problem goes away so do the
posts about it
make all the other newsgroups you want, people will still post ot here
George
Ricky W. Hunt

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message

subject header says it ...

It's pretty easy to tell my a header what the conversation is about and easy
enough to skip over it (though I do agree a handy way to "weed" the OT posts
would be nice...a filter would work if everyone would use "OT:" in off-topic
headers).

Pete Dimsman

Kendall wrote:

Respectfully, I disagree with you. The reason for this newsgroup to exist
is to discuss audio.
Kendall

They are suggesting a separate area for that. Many moderated web based
sites have a separate section like a water cooler area. It works.

George

In article , Pete Dimsman
wrote:

Kendall wrote:

Respectfully, I disagree with you. The reason for this newsgroup to exist
is to discuss audio.
Kendall

They are suggesting a separate area for that. Many moderated web based
sites have a separate section like a water cooler area. It works.

the very fact this is NOT moderated is why people can explore what
others think and feel
on a moderated forum if you think diffrent from a moderator you are
censored, so you want get rid of free flowing thoughts , just switch to
a moderated format, but be careful what you wish for, it may just come
true
George
Steve Jorgensen

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 21:02:52 GMT, George wrote:

In article ,
"Kendall" wrote:

"George" wrote in message
Peter Larsen wrote:

subject header says it ...

Respectfully I disagre what we(in the geocentric USA view) need is a
president that actually gets elected and uses his position for the
betterment of the USA and World alike

Respectfully, I disagree with you. The reason for this newsgroup to exist
is to discuss audio. I don't give a **** which "wing" you identify with,
but if you are going to discuss it, do it elswhere, where it is encouraged.
This is an AUDIO newsgroup. When the MAJORITY of the posts don't reflect
AUDIO, then something is wrong. Take it elsewhere. When I decide I DO want
to discuss politics, I'll meet you there.

I guess you don't understand that when the problem goes away so do the
posts about it
make all the other newsgroups you want, people will still post ot here
George

So, you're holding the newsgroup hostage until Bush is replaced?
Lars Farm

George wrote:

Respectfully I disagre what we(in the geocentric USA view) need is a
president that actually gets elected and uses his position for the

You do realise that usenet spans the entire world. This AUDIO group is
not US specific in any way. It has participants throughout the world. I
live in Sweden. The OP in Denmark. Neither country is a part of the
USA... US domestic politics is, well US domestic... Unlike audio and
this group.

betterment of the USA and World alike

Oh -- "better the world"...? Please don't!

George

Lars

--
lars farm // http://www.farm.se
George

I guess you don't understand that when the problem goes away so do the
posts about it
make all the other newsgroups you want, people will still post ot here
George

So, you're holding the newsgroup hostage until Bush is replaced?

please let me know what newsreader you have
I will email you instruction on how to killfile my posts, you will not
even know I exist
thanks
george

Geoff Wood

Peter Larsen wrote:
subject header says it ...

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Is that rec.audio.pro. 'on topic', or 'off topic' ?

geoff

John

From: "Geoff Wood"

Is that rec.audio.pro. 'on topic', or 'off topic' ?

geoff

I think it should be for "off topic," so that George will have a place for his
audio related threads

-John Vice
www.summertimestudios.com
Peter Larsen

Geoff Wood wrote:

Is that rec.audio.pro. 'on topic', or 'off topic' ?

rec.audio.pro.off-topic then, or perhaps as someone implicitly
suggested: rec.audio.pro.watercooler. I'm earnest about this, because
time has proven that there is a bona fide need for this group of people
to chat also about things non-audio.

geoff

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Geoff Wood

From: "Geoff Wood"

Is that rec.audio.pro. 'on topic', or 'off topic' ?

geoff

I think it should be for "off topic," so that George will have a
place for his audio related threads

-John Vice
www.summertimestudios.com

Hey ! You could start your own newsgroup too; "rec.vice" . Should get some
interesting topics ....

geoff

Arny Krueger

"George" wrote in message

In article ,
Peter Larsen wrote:

subject header says it ...

Respectfully I disagre what we(in the geocentric USA view) need is a
president that actually gets elected and uses his position for the
betterment of the USA and World alike

George, there's over 20,000 other Usenet groups where you can argue about
politics. Approximately 740 of them even have the word politics in their
name.

What we really need on RAP is audio guys who give a crap about audio.

George when't the last day where you made as many audio-related posts on RAP
as the politics and the anti-religiou crap? Oh, I forgot, you're too busy
bashing people because of their politics and religion to have much time for
audio. Face it George, you're just a lonely man who is looking for attention
at any cost. You apparently don't do enough with audio to have that much to
say about it.

Arny Krueger

"George" wrote in message

I guess you don't understand that when the problem goes away so do the
posts about it make all the other newsgroups you want, people will still

post ot here

George, I guess you don't understand that there are more than 20,000 other
Usenet groups for you to bash people for their politics and religion in.
over 750 of them have politics in their name, and another 750 or so have
religion in thier names. I can only presume you don't post your political
opinions in groups with relevant names, because the people there are so on
top of things political that they would show you up too badly.

Arny Krueger

"George" wrote in message

I guess you don't understand that when the problem goes away so do
the posts about it
make all the other newsgroups you want, people will still post ot
here George

So, you're holding the newsgroup hostage until Bush is replaced?

please let me know what newsreader you have
I will email you instruction on how to killfile my posts, you will not
even know I exist

George, knowlege of you is like herpes. Once one knows you exist, one can't
get rid of the knowledge.

Ty Ford

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 16:59:37 -0400, Kendall wrote
(in article ) :

"George" wrote in message
Peter Larsen wrote:

subject header says it ...

Respectfully I disagre what we(in the geocentric USA view) need is a
president that actually gets elected and uses his position for the
betterment of the USA and World alike

Respectfully, I disagree with you. The reason for this newsgroup to exist
is to discuss audio. I don't give a **** which "wing" you identify with,
but if you are going to discuss it, do it elswhere, where it is encouraged.
This is an AUDIO newsgroup. When the MAJORITY of the posts don't reflect
AUDIO, then something is wrong. Take it elsewhere. When I decide I DO want
to discuss politics, I'll meet you there.

Kendall

Well put Kendall. If newsgroup bullies like George, Roger, Romeo, Don need
any more convincing, I'd welcome comments from ALL of our members to
discourage them from exercising their arrogance in this newsgroup.

As I mentioned in a response yesterday, this arrogance and ignorance is WHY
people flew planes into our WTC buildings.

You should all be ashamed for your lack of respect to this group. You are a
credit to no one and a discredit to this group.

Sincerely,

Ty Ford

stuff are at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford

Ty Ford

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 17:25:42 -0400, Ricky W. Hunt wrote
(in article qB_Fc.24575$Oq2.23502@attbi_s52):

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message

subject header says it ...

It's pretty easy to tell my a header what the conversation is about and easy
enough to skip over it (though I do agree a handy way to "weed" the OT posts
would be nice...a filter would work if everyone would use "OT:" in off-topic
headers).

Sorry,

That's not good enough when people like Romeo, George, Roger, Don, Will and
one or two more persist in spewing their crap on the rest of us.

The are simply ignorant bullies. The only way to deal with them is head on,
which is starting to happen now. Bullies usually cave quite quickly when they
are called on their abuse.

Start calling directly, now.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford

George

Ty Ford wrote:

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 17:25:42 -0400, Ricky W. Hunt wrote
(in article qB_Fc.24575$Oq2.23502@attbi_s52):

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message

subject header says it ...

It's pretty easy to tell my a header what the conversation is about and easy
enough to skip over it (though I do agree a handy way to "weed" the OT posts
would be nice...a filter would work if everyone would use "OT:" in off-topic
headers).

Sorry,

That's not good enough when people like Romeo, George, Roger, Don, Will and
one or two more persist in spewing their crap on the rest of us.

The are simply ignorant bullies. The only way to deal with them is head on,
which is starting to happen now. Bullies usually cave quite quickly when they
are called on their abuse.

Let me show you how a killfile works.
PLONK
Ty Ford

Just like I said folks, stand up to bullies and they cave.

I get this email from George Gleason complaining that I shouldn't be
sending him email about his atrocious misbehavior on this newgroup. Turns out
it's OK for George to **** all over us, but he gets quite chilly about anyone
who dares invade his private mailbox.

Dearest George,

You are quite the maroon.

Thanks for disembowling yourself for us all to see; lovely colors and all
that, nice green bile, yellow spine.

And BTW folks, be sure and let George personally know how you feel about it.

Regards,

Ty Ford

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 11:52:15 -0400, George wrote
(in article ):

In article ,
Ty Ford wrote:

[...]

Pete Dimsman

Ty Ford wrote:

Just like I said folks, stand up to bullies and they cave.

You seem to be doing a bit of bullying yourself.

Logan Shaw

George wrote:

In article ,
Peter Larsen wrote:

subject header says it ...

Respectfully I disagre what we(in the geocentric USA view) need is a
president that actually gets elected

The last election was so close it went beyond the resolution of the
voting system. The system was not equipped to capture the information,
so the results were, in a sense, random garbage. This is just the
same sort of thing that would happen if you tried to capture a short
25 kHz sine wave with a 44.1 kHz sampler, or if you tried to measure
the width of a human hair with one of those wooden rulers many of us
used in grade school.

The point is, if Gore had been chosen to take office, it would hardly
have been totally legitimate either. Given the way the election went,
*neither* of them could have been described as "actually elected",
at least not 100%.

That is why I personally find this "Bush wasn't elected" stuff to be
really juvenile, just as I would find it really juvenile if Gore had
been elected and the conservatives said the same thing about him,
which they certainly would have. It's actually a little bit worse
than the "Don't Blame Me, I Voted for XYZ" stuff. But both of them
are really about congratulating yourself about how right and good
you and your party are and how you and your party are not to blame
for any of the nation's problems. People who do this kind of
cheerleading for their own group seem, to me at least, to be more
concerned about proving that they're right than they are about
doing anything constructive. It's a natural enough human tendancy,
but that doesn't mean it's anything I want to hear about.

Honestly, if you want someone else in office and you think that
would be more constructive, an election is coming up very shortly,
and you could try to convince people why one candidate would do
better than another. As it is, you seem to be just convincing me
that some liberals are kind of nutty and too inconsiderate to let
things drop when practically everyone in the newsgroup is asking
them to. (Don't worry -- I also believe that the same is true
about some conservatives.)

- Logan
Logan Shaw

Ricky W. Hunt wrote:
It's pretty easy to tell my a header what the conversation is about and easy
enough to skip over it (though I do agree a handy way to "weed" the OT posts
would be nice...a filter would work if everyone would use "OT:" in off-topic
headers).

There's only one problem with the "OT:" thing, which is that, if you
think you should be putting "OT:" in the subject, then you really
shouldn't be posting at all, or at least not to the group you are
thinking of posting to.

Plus, if most everyone *did* do that, then there would be people who
would decide on purpose to leave out the "OT:", because they know
if they include it, their post won't be seen by as many people.
And those would be the most annoying posts of all...

- Logan

Bob Cain

Ty Ford wrote:

The are simply ignorant bullies. The only way to deal with them is head on,
which is starting to happen now. Bullies usually cave quite quickly when they
are called on their abuse.

Ty, to me a bully is one that attempts to intimidate others
or to control them in ways they don't agree to.

Given the ease with which you can make what you don't want
to see invisible I just can't understand why you wish to
stop others from talking among themselves about other things
that are very important to them.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
George

Bob Cain wrote:

Ty Ford wrote:

The are simply ignorant bullies. The only way to deal with them is head on,
which is starting to happen now. Bullies usually cave quite quickly when
they
are called on their abuse.

Ty, to me a bully is one that attempts to intimidate others
or to control them in ways they don't agree to.

Given the ease with which you can make what you don't want
to see invisible I just can't understand why you wish to
stop others from talking among themselves about other things
that are very important to them.

and my experiance is these things burn out on thier own after a week or
so, unless the topic has real legs, but still there is only so much that
can be said before even the posters are bored with it
no netcop required
George
Kurt Albershardt

Logan Shaw wrote:

George wrote:

Respectfully I disagre what we(in the geocentric USA view) need is a
president that actually gets elected

The last election was so close it went beyond the resolution of the
voting system. The system was not equipped to capture the information,
so the results were, in a sense, random garbage. This is just the
same sort of thing that would happen if you tried to capture a short
25 kHz sine wave with a 44.1 kHz sampler, or if you tried to measure
the width of a human hair with one of those wooden rulers many of us
used in grade school.

The point is, if Gore had been chosen to take office, it would hardly
have been totally legitimate either. Given the way the election went,
*neither* of them could have been described as "actually elected",
at least not 100%.

That's all well and good as long as you continue to ignore the *thousands* of voters purged from the Florada rolls due to nonexistant felony convictions, said purging having been conducted by a Texas company with unsettling ties to the Bush family.

George

That's all well and good as long as you continue to ignore the *thousands* of
voters purged from the Florada rolls due to nonexistant felony convictions,
said purging having been conducted by a Texas company with unsettling ties to
the Bush family.

personally I feel the president should be required to get 65% of the
popular vote , no electorial college", and if a 65% is not reached we
force a change of position on issues until one canidate is able to
capture the will of the people
of course this would never come to be, and I am sure there would be
problems with it that I have not imagined yet
Ty Ford

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 14:36:39 -0400, Pete Dimsman wrote
(in article ):

Ty Ford wrote:

Just like I said folks, stand up to bullies and they cave.

You seem to be doing a bit of bullying yourself.

Peter,

If you want to take it off group. I'll take it up with you.

Your present email prevents that.

Ty Ford

stuff are at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford

Blind Joni

I guess you don't understand that when the problem goes away so do the
posts about it

Sound like "trickle down" to me.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Roger W. Norman

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
news

You are stepping over a very fine line, Ty. I just got finished posting on
another thread, a political thread ( Dear Right Wingers..TAKE IT OFF
LINST NOW, GEORGE, PAUL....) to which you demanded the posts be taken
elsewhere, btw, that I agreed with your assessment that we are overstepping
the bounds of the charter, but I will not hold truck with you making such
statements as

If newsgroup bullies like George, Roger, Romeo, Don need
any more convincing, I'd welcome comments from ALL of our members to
discourage them from exercising their arrogance in this newsgroup.

So would I. You might find out something different, or you may
wholeheartedly be supported. But regardless of the possible support FOR the
threads, I'm willing to try to divert my attention to audio.

As I mentioned in a response yesterday, this arrogance and ignorance is

WHY
people flew planes into our WTC buildings.

Your opinion that I am somehow such a problem as was exhibited on 9/11 is
offensive to me personally. You don't hold that right. You imply that I've
personally been offensive to you with my arrogance and ignorance. Fine.
You can CHOOSE to ignore it. However, since you don't, I'd suggest you read
my one post on your topic police interjections within the previously listed
thread.

I am not ashamed of my concerns for this country, nor that I CHOOSE to
discuss them with a virtual roomful of my "peers" although I recognize that
I'm not worthy of being designated a peer of hardly anyone here.
Regardless, you need to get a grip but I don't appreciate that grip being
around my neck.

This time, my friend, you owe me the telephone call and the apology. Maybe
I'll answer but I most certainly will not be holding my breath.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"George" wrote in message
Peter Larsen wrote:

[...]

-- Ty Ford's equipment reviews, audio samples, rates and other

audiocentric
stuff are at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford

Roger W. Norman

One thing is true. Bush IS the president, he sits in the chair at the White
House, he has the Joint Chiefs of Staff at his beck and call, and he has
installed his cabinet and fired some of his selections. He certainly seems
to be the President.

But we need to let this stuff drop and get back to the important issues of
audio, like, like...well, I guess I just don't see any important issues in
audio right now other than my ability to afford any new upgrades simply
because marketing has convinced me that I can't come out with a decent CD
without Pro Tools HD. Or maybe I should argue that MXL mics have achieved
the level of quality of Neumann mics?

Did anyone do any interesting live recordings over the 4th holiday weekend?

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Logan Shaw" wrote in message
George wrote:

In article ,
Peter Larsen wrote:

[...]

Don Cooper

Ty Ford wrote:

That's not good enough when people like Romeo, George, Roger, Don, Will and
one or two more persist in spewing their crap on the rest of us.

The are simply ignorant bullies. The only way to deal with them is head on,
which is starting to happen now. Bullies usually cave quite quickly when they
are called on their abuse.

Start calling directly, now.

Glad to be on your "short list", Ty.

It's the first time in my life I've ever been called a bully. I've been
working out. Does it show?

Don
Don Cooper

Ty Ford wrote:

If newsgroup bullies like George, Roger, Romeo, Don need
any more convincing, I'd welcome comments from ALL of our members to
discourage them from exercising their arrogance in this newsgroup.

Ty, I'll appreciate if you stop using my name. I've never used yours,
except to respond to you.

Thanks in advance,

Don
U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:04:39 +1200, Geoff Wood -nospam wrote:
Peter Larsen wrote:
subject header says it ...

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Is that rec.audio.pro. 'on topic', or 'off topic' ?

Well, if you're just starting out, you should probably get yourself a
couple of SM-57s.

First, they're pretty much a known quantity. Plus a lot of plug-ins are
of th "change the tone of an SM-57 to an ..." variety, which can be fun
to play with if you're thinking just what that $10k tube mic would sound
like.

Roger W. Norman

Trickle down, to me, means when I'm 90% still asleep and don't quite make
the toilet. Maybe that's why I didn't like Reagan's idea of economics! g

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Blind Joni" wrote in message
I guess you don't understand that when the problem goes away so do the
posts about it

Sound like "trickle down" to me.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Roger W. Norman

Fine. I'm already ****ed at Ty. You wanna miss the party too? g

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message

"Don Cooper" wrote in message

Ty Ford wrote:

That's not good enough when people like Romeo, George, Roger, Don,

Will
and
one or two more persist in spewing their crap on the rest of us.

The are simply ignorant bullies. The only way to deal with them is

head
on,
which is starting to happen now. Bullies usually cave quite quickly

when
they
are called on their abuse.

Start calling directly, now.

Glad to be on your "short list", Ty.

It's the first time in my life I've ever been called a bully. I've been
working out. Does it show?

What is the definition of a newsgroup bully anyway? How did I become one?

blame it ALL on Roger! *grin* :-)