Posted to rec.audio.tubes
iain42 iain42 is offline

Default Webster Electric Organ Amp Wanted!

I am looking for a single webster electric organ amp tubes not needed
just transformers and chasis. The tube compliment used by this is 2 X
kt88/6550, 2 X 5AR4, 2 X 6SN7, 2 X 0D3, 1 X 12AU7.

This amp was built to the exacting specifications as the Allen 90.
Webster Electric Co, Racine, Wi
No: 40466
Type: 2-3626-1
Transformers are not potted.

If you have one available please send email to iain42 @ gmail . com NO
SPACES of course.

Thank you,
Iain

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
iain42 iain42 is offline

Well I only need one : )

What is considered big money?

I just need one I'm not trying to corner the market or anything.

Thanks for the info

On Nov 26, 7:33 pm, "Bret Ludwig" wrote:
iain42 wrote:
I am looking for a single webster electric organ amp tubes not needed
just transformers and chasis. The tube compliment used by this is 2 X
kt88/6550, 2 X 5AR4, 2 X 6SN7, 2 X 0D3, 1 X 12AU7.

This amp was built to the exacting specifications as the Allen 90.
Webster Electric Co, Racine, Wi
No: 40466
Type: 2-3626-1
Transformers are not potted. The orientals are paying big money for these now. See a recent MJ

Musen-to-Jikken.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
iain42 iain42 is offline

That is about $1200 dollars a pair. If they are as good as people say
they are worth the price. I hope to get a single working amp for a fair
price. I am not sure who Macungie is but I will research the name.

Thanks

On Nov 28, 7:41 pm, "Bret Ludwig" wrote:
iain42 wrote:
Well I only need one : )

What is considered big money?

I just need one I'm not trying to corner the market or anything.

Thanks for the info 140,000 yen for a pair was one price, those may have been actual

Macungie built units however.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On 29 Nov 2006 15:58:19 -0800, "Bret Ludwig"
wrote:

Macungie (*), PA was (still is) the city with the Allen Organ plant. In
other words, those units were built by AO themselves.

(*) Pronounced locally "Magungie"

Get outta Dodge. I once lived less than a mile from
Macungie, and this is the first I've heard of Allen
Organ.

Very cool; much thanks,

Chris Hornbeck
"Too soon old; too late smchmardt."