Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Engineer Engineer is offline

Location: Thornhill, Ontario
Default Need a couple of Heathkit schematics

Hi, Vacuumlanders,
I picked up several old Heathkit units this week. One is a model AG-7
RF signal generator that mostly works fine, except on the highest
frequency band (20 to 50 MHz) there's no output. Another is a
regulated power supply, model PS-3, that I'm in the process of checking
out and bringing up very slowly on a variac.
Can anyone point me to the schematics for either or both of these two
models?
BTW, I can't find them on the Heathkit Museum website.
Many thanks for all replies,
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sal Brisindi Sal Brisindi is offline

Engineer wrote:
Hi, Vacuumlanders,
I picked up several old Heathkit units this week. One is a model AG-7
RF signal generator that mostly works fine, except on the highest
frequency band (20 to 50 MHz) there's no output. Another is a
regulated power supply, model PS-3, that I'm in the process of checking
out and bringing up very slowly on a variac.
Can anyone point me to the schematics for either or both of these two
models?
BTW, I can't find them on the Heathkit Museum website.
Many thanks for all replies,
Cheers,
Roger

Roger,
I just scanned the schematic and uploaded it to my website. You can
download it at http://www.tuberadios.com/heathkit/heathkitps3.pdf

Regards,
Sal Brisindi

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Sal Brisindi wrote:
Engineer wrote:
Hi, Vacuumlanders,
I picked up several old Heathkit units this week. One is a model AG-7
RF signal generator that mostly works fine, except on the highest
frequency band (20 to 50 MHz) there's no output. Another is a
regulated power supply, model PS-3, that I'm in the process of checking
out and bringing up very slowly on a variac.
Can anyone point me to the schematics for either or both of these two
models?
BTW, I can't find them on the Heathkit Museum website.
Many thanks for all replies,
Cheers,
Roger

Roger,
I just scanned the schematic and uploaded it to my website. You can
download it at http://www.tuberadios.com/heathkit/heathkitps3.pdf

Regards,
Sal Brisindi

Sal, many thanks. Since posting I've got the PS-3 up and running.
Seems to work OK. After playing around with it this afternoon there
are no surprises! It took me a while to get the two series 20 MFD
electrolytics to form equally but now they share voltage to within
about 15 volts (they need a 1/2 meg across each to be sure.) The P/S is
quite limited in range: Off-load it goes to about 500 VDC max. With a
5,000 ohm WW resistor load, the max output is 300 VDC at 60 mA (the
meter reads both correctly.) Regulation against changes in AC input is
fair: at 200 VDC into 5K (120 VAC in) it drops by 5 volts at 90 VAC in,
most of it between 95 to 90 VAC.
Your .pdf tucked away for reference, with a copy in the instrument case
for the next custodian!
Thanks again,
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Engineer wrote:

Your .pdf tucked away for reference, with a copy in the instrument case
for the next custodian!
Thanks again,
Cheers,
Roger

Your welcome Roger,
Here are the specs from the manual:

Linear from 0-10ma @ 450vdc
Linear from 0-20ma @ 400vdc
Linear from 0-40ma @ 350vdc
Linear from 0-70ma @ 300vdc
Linear from 0-100ma @ 250vdc
Linear from 0-130ma @ 200vdc

Regards,
Sal
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Engineer Engineer is offline

Location: Thornhill, Ontario

Bret Ludwig wrote:
Sal Brisindi wrote:
Engineer wrote:
Hi, Vacuumlanders,

Roger,
I just scanned the schematic and uploaded it to my website. You can
download it at http://www.tuberadios.com/heathkit/heathkitps3.pdf

Wow, the 1619. The microjimbo set had a big fetish for those for
awhile IIRC.

Er... not sure who they are... Anyway, by a coincidence I happened to
have 3 of these very odd 1619 tubes in my gander bag! For those that
do not know it, they are 2.5 volt filament type (direclty heated) with
the pin-out of a 6L6 in that big black metal metal can, but 6L6's they
are NOT!
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sal Brisindi wrote:
Engineer wrote:
Hi, Vacuumlanders,
I p

Roger,
I just scanned the schematic and uploaded it to my website. You can
download it at http://www.tuberadios.com/heathkit/heathkitps3.pdf

Wow, the 1619. The microjimbo set had a big fetish for those for
awhile IIRC.

Something about being useful, plentiful and cheap. They were a number of
them in mobile FM communications transmitters from WWII. BC 604 is an
example.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Sal Brisindi wrote:
Engineer wrote:

Your .pdf tucked away for reference, with a copy in the instrument case
for the next custodian!
Thanks again,
Cheers,
Roger

Your welcome Roger,
Here are the specs from the manual:

Linear from 0-10ma @ 450vdc
Linear from 0-20ma @ 400vdc
Linear from 0-40ma @ 350vdc
Linear from 0-70ma @ 300vdc
Linear from 0-100ma @ 250vdc
Linear from 0-130ma @ 200vdc

Regards,
Sal

Sal, it seems about right in the 200 VDC range into 2.5K, at least. 80
mA to 0 mA (load on, load off) shows no detectable voltage change.
Cheers,
Roger

Heathkit PEB Bob Hedberg Vacuum Tubes 0 November 9th 04 03:42 PM
HELP! Need Heathkit TC-1 Schematic (Tube Tester) Marc Vacuum Tubes 0 February 26th 04 01:50 AM
Adventures with a Heathkit TC-2 Engineer Vacuum Tubes 2 December 24th 03 11:51 PM
Heathkit AA-151 cathode resistor mod EC Vacuum Tubes 15 September 1st 03 03:09 PM
To isolate or tightly couple loudspeakers... (was HANGING JBLMONITORS) Bill Thompson Pro Audio 6 July 8th 03 09:30 PM