bob wald

Default best car audio

list the 5 best componies....lol
hmmmm earthquake-infinity-alpine-pg- ?
cant pick better speaker, polk,visonik,kicker or cerwin vega?

MZ

Please stop posting the same thing over and over again.

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, bob wald wrote:

list the 5 best componies....lol
hmmmm earthquake-infinity-alpine-pg- ?
cant pick better speaker, polk,visonik,kicker or cerwin vega?

Ian

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 01:47:58 GMT, bob wald wrote:

list the 5 best componies....lol

why must you constantly use "lol" in your posts? none of the
things you post are even the least bit funny...

am I the only one who sees it like this?

Tony F

"list the 5 best componies....lol hmmmm earthquake-infinity-alpine-pg- ?
cant pick better speaker, polk,visonik,kicker or cerwin vega?"

Did your parents have the same last name before they were married?

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

bob wald

i never posted this before..this is more expensive.i dont have any of
these.
before i posted jensen,boss,profile,pioneer,jvc.which i have all these.

bob wald

oh if you upset i dont have jl/orion up there.cause they not as good a
speaker as i listed......sorry

Kirby

"bob wald" wrote in message
this is more expensive.i dont have any of
these.

Since when is Visonik expensive, and what happened to you buying those
****ty 6X9s?

Chad Wahls

"I. Care" wrote in message
.net...
In article ,
says...
oh if you upset i dont have jl/orion up there.cause they not as good a
speaker as i listed......sorry

Nothing better than looking at the equipment of a known winning install.

http://www.carstereo.com/installs/ph...ery_album.cfm?
home=yes&photoid=1706&galleryid=235

or short version

http://snipurl.com/i85w
--
I. Care

"The processor rack in the rear window motorizes open for use. The Alesis
MEQ-230 Equalizer and Valley Range Expander are from a studio and were
converted for 12 volt use. With door closed, the rear deck maintains a stock
appearance, complete with Z34 logos built into the cover(see top photo)."

The Valley people Gate is there (Gate is a more popular term for "range
expander") to negate the fact that the Alesis MEQ230 is quite possibly the
nastiest EQ ever produced. It's noisy, it's filters have dramatic negative
effects on adjacent filter frequencies, Phase response is terrible, and has
shotty construction. This is why you never see them in pro rigs and are
readily available all over the place for CHEAP.

Chad

bob wald

visonik is a company = to pioneer,sony,jvc, claron,jbl,rf,kenwood,lanzer
in speakers at least. amps too i bet.

bob wald

oh n i havnt ordered them yet.one of my orders wasnt in stock so ill
wait aweek then might be close to getting it in. also i really dont know
much about visonik.thats why im getting it to say ive tried it n know
about visonik speakers first hand.
they seem ok at least.maybe ill be surpised n visonik is a world class
speaker....

I. Care

In article , says...

"I. Care" wrote in message
.net...
In article ,
says...
[...]

Thanks, it's been awhile since I competed in IASCA (1995 World Finals).
--
I. Care
MZ

The Valley people Gate is there (Gate is a more popular term for "range
expander") to negate the fact that the Alesis MEQ230 is quite possibly the
nastiest EQ ever produced. It's noisy, it's filters have dramatic

negative
effects on adjacent filter frequencies, Phase response is terrible, and

has
shotty construction. This is why you never see them in pro rigs and are
readily available all over the place for CHEAP.

Sounds like you're talking about Behringer. Both of those DCX's I got are
acting up already. When they're not humming, crackling, or full of static,
they're putting a DC offset on their ground (don't ask me how). The ribbon
cables inside appear to be responsible for a lot of the noise. They're also
not talking to any of the serial ports I've tried. Intermittent connection,
and then it freezes during transfer.

We'll see how far I get once I send it back.

If you or Les are thinking about incorporating one of these into your cars,
you may want to reconsider.

bob wald

ok i know your systems are crap if you dont have a eq.preferibly a
9band.
i found a great 1. but only a 7 band. clarion

Andy Weaks

Ian wrote:
On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 01:47:58 GMT, bob wald wrote:

list the 5 best componies....lol

why must you constantly use "lol" in your posts? none of the
things you post are even the least bit funny...

am I the only one who sees it like this?

why don't we all put bw on ignore and quit responding to him and maybe
just maybe he will go away.
gorgon2k

bob, your a total moron

--
gorgon2k
gorgon2k's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=33948

Tony F

"why don't we all put bw on ignore and quit responding to him and maybe just
maybe he will go away."

You know...I suggested that a long time ago and I successfully ignored him
for quite a while. But no one else was so I figured ignoring him by myself
wasn't any fun. So it appears I am now doing my fair share of fueling his
existence by replying to him. If we could all agree to completely ingore
him then I'm certain he would go away.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1
Amplifiers, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and Focal 130HCs For Rear
Fill, Image Dynamics IDMAX10 D4 v.3 Sub

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

Les

"MZ" wrote in message
[...]

Well, eventually I was thinking that. I've used quite a few, albeit never in
a car, and I haven't had one fail. But for the money you almost have to
expect it, the price has to come at the sacrifice of something. You just
can't use top grade compenents and get it that cheap. BTW do you know who
makes the connectors on the ribbon cables?

Les

bob wald

well i was just saying te littlest to use would be a 9 i think....14-15
biggest i think.

bob wald

lol..a 30band.no human on earth could tell the difference between using
9band or 18band.....

bob wald

good plan

bob wald

so what you pro car guys are saying is a 7band isnt better than
none...lol

Scott Gardner

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 07:43:55 -0500, (bob wald)
wrote:

so what you pro car guys are saying is a 7band isnt better than
none...lol

Of course a 7-band is better than nothing - I never said it wasn't.
It just doesn't allow always allow you to put the adjustment where
it's needed.

Look at it this way. A 7-band equalizer has approximately one
adjustment for each octave. So you may have a slider for 4000Hz and
the next slider will be at 8000Hz. Neither of those is going to be
very useful if you have a big peak or dip at 6000Hz.

A 30-band EQ has adjustments at every 1/3 octave, so in addition to
adjustments for 4000Hz and 8000Hz, you'll also have adjustments for
5000Hz and 6200Hz. This allows you to make adjustments much closer to
where they're needed. If the equalizer has an adjustable 'Q', you can
also adjust how wide of a frequency range is adjusted.

I'll let you in on a little secret. With a properly-adjusted 30-band
EQ, most of the knobs/sliders will be set to zero, or very close to
zero. You'll probably only have four or five bands that need to be
set significantly higher or lower than zero to fix frequency response
problems in your particular car. The beauty of a 30-band EQ is that
it allows you to make minor adjustments **right where they're
needed**, rather than having to make big adjustments to two adjacent
bands in order to fix a problem that's right in-between the bands.

Of course, parametrics are the best solution. Let's say you have a 6
dB peak centered at 5500 Hz that you want to get rid of. Let's assume
that the peak is fairly narrow, so that it's only affecting
frequencies between 5200Hz and 5800Hz. With a parametric equalizer,
you're not limited to fixed "bands" of adjusement. You simply adjust
the center frequency of the parametric adjustment to exactly 5500Hz,
dial in 6dB of cut, and adjust the 'Q' value so that only the
frequencies between 5200Hz and 5800Hz are being attenuated.

Try fixing that 6 dB peak with a 7-band EQ, and you'll likely end up
affecting frequencies all the way from 3000Hz to 9000Hz, and you still
won't be able to completely fix the response curve.

--
Scott Gardner

"Oh look, things are going from bad to worse!"

Scott Gardner

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 07:30:14 -0500, (bob wald)
wrote:

lol..a 30band.no human on earth could tell the difference between using
9band or 18band.....

You can tell very easily, actually. It depends on where the peak/dip
is that you're trying to remove. The idea behind a 30-band equalizer
isn't to use ALL the knobs - it's to only use the half-dozen or so
that affect your particular problem areas. On my last 30-band EQ,
none of the knobs were more than 6dB away from zero, and most of them
were within 1dB of zero.

I'll use another example. The fuel-injection system in my motorcycle
doesn't have a feedback loop. Instead, it uses a two-dimensional
"map" to determine how much fuel to inject, based on the engine RPM
and the throttle position.

Let's say that my bike is running too lean around 3500 RPM (not enough
fuel). So, I need to adjust the fuel map to inject more fuel around
3500 RPM. The RPM range of my engine is 0-9000 RPM. If I only have
adjustments every 1000 RPM (kind of like a 9-band equalizer), then I'm
kind of screwed. I can richen the mixture around 3000 RPM and also at
4000 RPM, and the combination of those two adjustments will overlap
around 3500 RPM and fix the lean spot there, but now I'm running too
rich above and below that point.

Fortunately, I can adjust the fuel map every 250 RPM (kind of like a
36-band equalizer. This allows me to adjust the fuel map **right at**
3500 RPM, while leaving the adjacent areas almost unaffected, since
having more "bands" of adjustment means that each band affects a
narrower range.

Only having 7 or 9 bands of equalization bites you in the ass two ways
- you're less likely to be able to make an adjustment right where you
need it, and since the bands are wider, any adjustment you make affect
a much wider range of frequencies, and your adjustments may spill over
into frequencies that didn't need adjusting in the first place.

--
Scott Gardner

"You guys got something against spam? (Vriess, in _Alien 4_)"

bob wald

the eq i ordered is cjarion eqs744 .
as i think it says it adds to you pre puts to make them 7v.....weeeee it
also has 6 rca ports out.

bob wald

clarion eqs744. wwweeeee
I will be the greatest audio guy in the hemisphere......weeeee

bob wald

7v gives you less distortion at higher volts from head unit.cleaner
power...less stess on the unit.
afew others also if i thunk hard .example, you can run ya unit at 70% of
power n get 4.9volts from 7v. weeee

Chad Wahls

Contact Jim Savery, Behringer US Service rep... He gets things done!!!!
Hullava a guy. He's helped me a couple times and a few others I know,
very re-assuring to have him helping.

Chad

Chad Wahls

wrong.

Chad Wahls

I haven't had any failures in the feild. As for comm syncing check to
be sure you have the latest firmware, I THINK there may be a revision
to correct that.

Chad

robyncboyd

bob wald Wrote:
clarion eqs744. wwweeeee
I will be the greatest audio guy in the hemisphere......weeeee

Hey Robert! S T F U !

--
robyncboyd
robyncboyd's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=25153

bob wald

roby dont hate me because of the failures n choosing equipment.you made.
HahaHahaHahA.......

bob wald

30band...lol
thats funny...thats too much...and yes you can change your sound but
your reciever, tuner, power supply, wiring and 10 other things can screw
you up. so just because you have that means NOTHING........

robyncboyd

Boobie, I mean Bobbie. Theses are the *real* brands of car audio I've
owned:

Orion amps
PPI amps
RF amps
Linear Power (current amps)

Kicker
JL Audio subs

MB Quart
JL Audio
Infinity front stage

Audio Control xovers

Alpine
Pioneer head units

Alpine EQ's

Got your junk beat there buddy

--
robyncboyd
robyncboyd's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=25153
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=227666

MZ

I haven't had any failures in the feild. As for comm syncing check to
be sure you have the latest firmware, I THINK there may be a revision
to correct that.

Yep, latest firmware.

The static issue drives me crazy. At one point, I tried putting new
silicone down to hold the ribbon cable in place a bit better, which seemed
to do the trick at first but then it started doing it again. I checked the
silicone and it's still holding.

You don't happen to have an email or phone number for Jim Savery, do you?

bob wald

my Sherwood xat-3000 amp..will blow all of those except 1 maybe......
specs....85x4,4ohm. .03-thd....105s/n....2ohm stable. in mint
condition......2 built in fans.....

Jethro

bob wald Wrote:
my Sherwood xat-3000 amp..will blow all of those except 1 maybe......
specs....85x4,4ohm. .03-thd....105s/n....2ohm stable. in mint
condition......2 built in fans.....

I owned a Sherwood car amp back in the day... was an upgrade to the
Pyramid EQ/booster I had, but really nothing special... mediocre power
with a harsh edge to it... rated at 40x2 RMS but couldn't hold a candle
to the RF Punch 75 (37.5x2 RMS) that replaced it... in terms of sonics
or power output.

--
Jethro

[(Vas/Vbox)+1]^.5 * Qts or Fs