Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.car
Mike G

Default Acoustic wadding.

I'm a novice as far as audio is concerned, so bear with me.
Have a 12" bass speaker fitted in a homemade infinite baffle cabinet.
Speaker manufacturer recommends cab is filled with acoustic wadding.
Got some wadding. Now I need to know how it should be fitted.
I notice the 3/4" thick stuff I bought is very open and springy. Just
stuffing it in would obviously interfere with the speaker cone, so should it
be cut so it doesn't touch the cone at all, or what?
If someone can point me at a website, or offer any advice.
As an aside what is the effect of having acoustic wadding in a speaker
cabinet?
As opposed to leaving it empty.
TIA.
Mike.