Joey

Default mp3 player to car stereo?????

What's out there with an audio input to run from an mp3 player? I've
tried the radio transmitters and am not impressed - I thought there
might be something with a S/PDIF or 1/8" stereo in? What I want to
avoid is all the surplus media, having cd's floating around everywhere
- I'd rather just plug straight from the player to the stereo.

Or, alternately, are there any hard drive based stereos around?

Thanks,

js
Scott Gardner

There are some players that have 1/8" phono jacks or dedicated AUX RCA
inputs on the rear, but the trend now seems to be adaptors that convert CD
changer inputs into RCA inputs for use with MP3 players. For example, if
you have a CD player or Cassette deck that has a CD changer input, you buy
the adaptor and it converts the CD changer input into two RCA plugs. Then
you just have to go to Radio Shack and get a cable with a 1/8" phono jack on
one end and two RCA plugs on the other end.

Scott Gardner

"Joey" wrote in message
om...
What's out there with an audio input to run from an mp3 player? I've
tried the radio transmitters and am not impressed - I thought there
might be something with a S/PDIF or 1/8" stereo in? What I want to
avoid is all the surplus media, having cd's floating around everywhere
- I'd rather just plug straight from the player to the stereo.

Or, alternately, are there any hard drive based stereos around?

Thanks,

js

Steve

-
-Or, alternately, are there any hard drive based stereos around?
-
-Thanks,
-
-js

I could only find a couple models with front AUX inputs, but there are
a bunch with rear inputs, or changer inputs that can be used. There
are also wired FM modulators that hook into the antenna input that are
said to be much better than the transmitter types.

Personally, I really really wanted the front AUX input, and didn't want
the AIWA, so I've been very happy with a JVC-SX990.

There are a few hard drive units, as well.

Steve

EFFENDI

I could only find a couple models with front AUX inputs, but there are
a bunch with rear inputs, or changer inputs that can be used. There
are also wired FM modulators that hook into the antenna input that are
said to be much better than the transmitter types.

Personally, I really really wanted the front AUX input, and didn't want
the AIWA, so I've been very happy with a JVC-SX990.

There are a few hard drive units, as well.

Steve

Good looking out, AIWA is bull**** anyway. I have the JVC KD-SH55 with
the front aux in, its awesome. I have had it for 2 1/2 years and its
never let me down. (I might be selling it so look for that on eBay in
the next two months if you are interested.) It connects by one little
wire and when I want to leave the car I take my entire CD collection and
put it in my pocket (instead of luggin around a bulky,
dangerous-to-browse-through-while-driving CD binder. The Hard-Drive
based player arent all that. I say save your money and buy a hard-drive
based MP3 player that you can take with you wheverever you go. That way
when/if (depends where you live) you get jacked at least you still have
all your music. Its a lot easier in my opinion. I dont even use my CD
player any more and I bought my headunit solely for its CD performance,
that fron jack was just a bonus. JVC makes awesome CD players and their
new h/u are SICK!! They are coming out with a 7" monitor, DVD/CD player,
all in one unit (like the Pioneer AVH-P7500) touchscreen, with a
removable faceplate and removable screen, repositionable throughout the
car !!! Insanity!!

EFFENDI
Joey

right - thanks kids - I'll check them out.

Steve

In article ,
Joey wrote:
-right - thanks kids - I'll check them out.

D'oh! I forgot in my earlier post - if you haven't yet,
check http://www.crutchfield.com. They've got good search features
for equipment that will fit your car easily.

Steve