JoeLac

Default Why should I not buy the Nak cd-400?

What are the downsides of this HU and what are people doing to wor
around these issues?

Thank
-
JoeLa
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=16983

Paul Vina

Newer Nakmichi units are generally of low quality and usually have a lot of
down time while under warranty for repair. you can get around this by
buying a Denon, Alpine, Pioneer Premier, Eclipse, Kenwood or other unit that
won't have the kind of reliability issued the Naks have.

Paul Vina

"JoeLac" wrote in message
s.com...
What are the downsides of this HU and what are people doing to work
around these issues?

Thanks
--
JoeLac
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=169830

Antennahead1

Up-to-date Crutchfield referral discount coupon code here to save you
$20 - pxjbb-k3g0a-z3qeh
Taycron

Nakamichi's sound great and I've heard their reliability has gotten
lot better. They feel like a quality product and I like the looks o
them.

The down sides a

You cannot connect a CD changer to it.

You can't scroll from the last song to the first without having t
scroll all the way backwards. Same thing goes for the opposite. Yo
can't go from the first song to the last unless you scroll through al
the songs to get there. This is a problem for some.

In order to get MX or Sirius you have to go through your auxilary whic
means you'll need to use another remote.

It doesn't play MP3's. It does play CDR's though

-
Taycro

Steve Grauman

As much as they've improved, I still hear regular reliability complaints about
the Nak units. The only other reason I can give you is that a used Sony C90ES
or a new Alpine CD-9815 or Eclipse CD8443 or CD8053 will give you the same
level of sound quality along with better functionality for a better price.

Dave

I had to jump in here (been gone a LONG time) but I got rid of my C90ES to
get a Nak CD700 about 2 years ago and I couldn't be happier with both the
sound quality and the reliability. There was a improvement in sound quality
(slight, but noticeable) and a HUGE increase in visibility of display. I
hated to give up the look and feel of the Sony, but the thing drove me
crazy. The Nak is a stripped down, simple interfaced, great sounding
machine.

Dave M.

"Steve Grauman" wrote in message
As much as they've improved, I still hear regular reliability complaints

about
the Nak units. The only other reason I can give you is that a used Sony

C90ES
or a new Alpine CD-9815 or Eclipse CD8443 or CD8053 will give you the same
level of sound quality along with better functionality for a better price.

Taycron

I think anything is a step up from a sony.

--
Taycron

wicked1

I think thats an uneducated assumption of that model head unit.That head
unit was one of the best decks made.

"Taycron" wrote in message

I think anything is a step up from a sony.

--
Taycron
Taycron's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=3202
View this thread:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=42848

Taycron

I aim to please.. LOL!

I don't know about that particular unit but I don't care for Sony'
overall.. They sound boring to me.

-
Taycro

Tha Ghee

"Taycron" wrote in message

I aim to please.. LOL!

I don't know about that particular unit but I don't care for Sony's
overall.. They sound boring to me..

--
Taycron
Taycron's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=3202
View this thread:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=42848

the C90 and CR900 was top of the line HUs you would need to spend twice the
price to get something slightly better. the new stuff is getting bad, but
the Mobile ES was the best hard to beat.

wicked1

I havent had that that Ive noticed just its pretty hard to read sometimes in
the day.The green backlighting quit today. Chose amber and shes still
tickin. I am honestly wondering the lifespan of this thing.Its been through
a few severe high impact crashes and its about 5 years old now.Still plays
discs like a champ tho and sounds good doing it.I just wish it had Mp3
support so I wouldnt have to carry 2 250 cd holders in the car.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I agree. I'd put it up with the 7909 in terms of pure sound. I loved

mine
but the display drove me insane.

Paul Vina

the C90 and CR900 was top of the line HUs you would need to spend

twice
the
price to get something slightly better. the new stuff is getting

bad,
but
the Mobile ES was the best hard to beat.

wicked1

I have long lost the manual on it but it does have a bus input on it. I
never really thought about it but can you get an adapter that lets it use
AUX inputs that arent some sort of proprietary thing? Like hooking up an
iPod.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I agree. I'd put it up with the 7909 in terms of pure sound. I

loved
mine
but the display drove me insane.

Paul Vina

the C90 and CR900 was top of the line HUs you would need to

spend
twice
the
price to get something slightly better. the new stuff is

getting
bad,
but
the Mobile ES was the best hard to beat.

Paul Vina

Actually you can. The XA-300 2 AUX inputs and it also has a USB input as
well.

http://www.xplodsony.com/products/?C...ries&MD=XA-300

Paul Vina

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I agree. I'd put it up with the 7909 in terms of pure sound. I

loved
mine
but the display drove me insane.

Paul Vina

the C90 and CR900 was top of the line HUs you would need to

spend
twice
the
price to get something slightly better. the new stuff is

getting
bad,
but
the Mobile ES was the best hard to beat.

wicked1

Do you know if thats the same bus that they used 5 years ago?If so you just
revived this headunits life for quite sometime I like it and see no real
need to upgrade other than I wish I could take MP3's with me.That would be
great if it will work.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I agree. I'd put it up with the 7909 in terms of pure sound.

loved
mine
but the display drove me insane.

Paul Vina

the C90 and CR900 was top of the line HUs you would need to

spend
twice
the
price to get something slightly better. the new stuff is

getting
bad,
but
the Mobile ES was the best hard to beat.

Taycron

Here's another reason..

http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49163

--