Johan Wagener

Default Ample Audio subwoofers

I wanted to buy a kenwood tornado 12" or a pioneer (300W RMS) 12"
subwoofer but the guy that sold me the amp said it is junk compared to
the Ample Audio 12" range. Does anyonw here have experience with Ample
Audio (www.ampleaudio.com). The 12" he wants to sell me costs about
double the price of the pioneer. So I need to know if I am buying
quality.
Scott Johnson

"Johan Wagener" wrote in message
om...
I wanted to buy a kenwood tornado 12" or a pioneer (300W RMS) 12"
subwoofer but the guy that sold me the amp said it is junk compared to
the Ample Audio 12" range. Does anyonw here have experience with Ample
Audio (www.ampleaudio.com). The 12" he wants to sell me costs about
double the price of the pioneer. So I need to know if I am buying
quality.

I have no experience with Ample Audio, But they look like the same speakers
that everyone else is selling.

have the dealers to demo the speakers for you. then make your own decision.

Sanitarium

They look like MTX Thunder8000 series subs. I'm willing to bet that MTX
also makes these and re-badges them with the Logic soundlabs logo:

Without TS parameters its difficult to predict how well the sub will
perform. And even with TS params its still an estimate. Its possible
they are optimized for a larger enclosure than you're willing to haul
around.

IMHO you should listen to them... that would be your best bet. Try
contacting them for a TS parameter data sheet, and plot their
performance on winISD.

Good Luck,
Garrett

Johan Wagener wrote:

I wanted to buy a kenwood tornado 12" or a pioneer (300W RMS) 12"
subwoofer but the guy that sold me the amp said it is junk compared to
the Ample Audio 12" range. Does anyonw here have experience with Ample
Audio (www.ampleaudio.com). The 12" he wants to sell me costs about
double the price of the pioneer. So I need to know if I am buying
quality.

JohanWagener

So is MTX an expensive brand? Cause this guy isn't cheap with these. The
thing is he is the only guy I know around here that seems to know anything
about these. He does car sound competitions and stuff. But he won't let me
buy anything cheaper. He simply says thats what I have to sell you. He wants
R1000 ($133) for the 12" sub while cheap ones like pioneer and kenwood sells
for R600 ($80).

Johan Wagener wrote:

I wanted to buy a kenwood tornado 12" or a pioneer (300W RMS) 12"
subwoofer but the guy that sold me the amp said it is junk compared to
the Ample Audio 12" range. Does anyonw here have experience with Ample
Audio (www.ampleaudio.com). The 12" he wants to sell me costs about
double the price of the pioneer. So I need to know if I am buying
quality.

Sanitarium

IMHO the pioneer subs are a great choice for low db SQ. Their TS params
are optimized for small sealed enclosures. A pair of these should max
out at 125db, in a well designed sealed enclosure, powered adequately
and with a good active crossover.

My ears are not sensitive enough to hear many subtle nuances from brand
to brand, assuming they are mounted in optimal enclosures. So to my
ears, the only thing a more robust sub gives me is more db. The 2
questions you have to ask yourself is how many dbs are you shooting for
and are your ears sensitive enough to hear subtle differences? If you
dont need more than 125 dbs than the pioneers should be adequate IMHO.

Not sure about the kenwoods though.

(rant switch ON)

"wont let me buy anything cheaper"... WTF!! IMHO hes full of ****...
If a low db subwoofer is all you need then thats all you need. Sounds
like hes trying to push you into buying more than you may need, or at
the very least trying to plant a seed of doubt into your mind.

It irritates me how installers and sales goons prey on newbies.

Ask him this: (Id love to see his face, or hear his explanation)

Ask him how the TS params compare between each sub, and what is the Qts
for each sub in its optimal recommended enclosure. Chances are he wont
have the params memorized, but any sales goon worth their paycheck
should be able to pull up a data sheet and explain what they are trying
to sell and justify why one is better than the other.

Ask him for his estimate, how many db each sub should hit. I bet he'll
tell you the pioneers only hit 115 db for the pair which is wrong. I
had a friend competing with the older version and he would routinely hit
125 dbs for the pair in his SQ system.

Note also that (IMHO) 125 db is more than enough sub-bass to annoy most
residential neighborhoods.

Of course I could be full of **** as well ;~)
Just my thoughts
Garrett

Johan Wagener wrote:

I wanted to buy a kenwood tornado 12" or a pioneer (300W RMS) 12"
subwoofer but the guy that sold me the amp said it is junk compared to
the Ample Audio 12" range. Does anyonw here have experience with Ample
Audio (www.ampleaudio.com). The 12" he wants to sell me costs about
double the price of the pioneer. So I need to know if I am buying
quality.

Scott Johnson

"JohanWagener" wrote in message
So is MTX an expensive brand? Cause this guy isn't cheap with these. The
thing is he is the only guy I know around here that seems to know anything
about these. He does car sound competitions and stuff. But he won't let me
buy anything cheaper. He simply says thats what I have to sell you. He

wants
R1000 ($133) for the 12" sub while cheap ones like pioneer and kenwood

sells
for R600 ($80).

MTX has entry level as well as expensive subs. it depends on what you need
and are willing to spend.

BTW, My old Rockford Fosgate rep told me that they bought MTX subs and put
their labels on them.

AUDIO FILE EDIT: HELP PLS! DL General 2 February 21st 04 11:05 PM
Audio Source vs. Cambridge Audio vs. NAD vs. Adcom Mark General 8 August 5th 03 07:39 PM
-Ultimate Audio Reviews Online- Steven R. Rochlin General 0 August 5th 03 05:21 PM
fix audio files [email protected] General 1 July 15th 03 05:44 PM
gps install: how to mix its audio (voice prompting) with head unit audio-out? bryan Car Audio 0 July 3rd 03 05:46 PM