Posted to rec.audio.pro
Abe Germane Abe Germane is offline

Default help with real time tone manipulation

I have a problem I thought I would present to the group and attain possible
solutions. I have a small orchestral passage using a variety of unknown
instruments that I want to imitate using a software synthesizer. My problem
is that I'm not very good at trying to guess at instruments and their
harmonic content, so I would like to imitate by duplicating, as closely as
possible, the passage by visual side-by-side comparisons of the 3D
spectrograms. In other words, as I have the spectrogram of the passage on
one side of my screen, I want to be able to add/ subtract tones/ harmonics
in real time so that the synth's spectrogram eventually closely matches the
original passage. Is there any software out there that would show
spectrogram manipulation/ comparison in real time? I have Algorithmix
Renovator which does a great job showing spectrums, but I can only see them
after the fact. If I add a tone, I want to see where it shows up, its
harmonics and intensity (amplitude) immediately and compared to the
original, not after the fact.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Abe

Posted to rec.audio.pro

x-no-archive:

* Is there any software out there that would show
spectrogram manipulation/ comparison in real time? * Thanks in advance for your help,
*Abe

i think you are better off doing this "by ear" but if you want to try
spectrograms see:

http://freenet-homepage.de/dl4yhf/spectra1.html

Mark
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 11:05:24 -0400, "Abe Germane"
wrote:

[...]

You'd be better off posting the music and asking experienced musicians
what the instruments are.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
KGT KGT is offline

wrote:

[...]

what the instruments are.- Hide quoted text -

I can guess that instrument in 2 notes Unless its an ocarina!