Abyssmal

Default recomendation on sound card

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:25:53 -0300, "Matias Woloski"
wrote:

hi... I finally decided to return my Delta 44 and get another soundcard
which includes a preamp.

I need some recomendations from you guys. If you can include more than one
option that would be great, because here in Argentina we don't have every
sound card model.

I researched a bit and found one called Waveterminal 192M, 4 inputs and 8
outputs, 24bits and 192khz with digital output. It also has phantom power
12v.

any clues?

thanks,
Matias

Check out the Aardvark 24/96, Digi 001,ST audio dsp 2000, Tascam
us428, Event ezbus, Edirol ur80, and Presonus firestation.

I have used the aardvark,Digi,Tascam, and event interfaces.
They all have about the same quality.

Find an interface that has the most useful features for your studio.

Randall
Sander

"Matias Woloski" wrote in message

I researched a bit and found one called Waveterminal 192M, 4 inputs and 8
outputs, 24bits and 192khz with digital output. It also has phantom power
12v.

If you think you might possibly ever actually use the phantom power....
...find something that is capable of a proper 48V.
Unless you're sure you only need it for microphones that can also work on a
battery, in which case you don't really need phantom anyway.

Sander

Om_Audio

I must reccomend the RME line- I replaced my MOTU 2408mk2 with the Multiface
and the drivers/performance/support are *fantastic*- the MOTU had far better
stand-alone features but I miss none of them (or the crappy drivers) and the
RME also comes with extremely useful audio tools programs in addition.

Cliff

"Sander" wrote in message

"Matias Woloski" wrote in message

I researched a bit and found one called Waveterminal 192M, 4 inputs and

8
outputs, 24bits and 192khz with digital output. It also has phantom

power
12v.

If you think you might possibly ever actually use the phantom power....
...find something that is capable of a proper 48V.
Unless you're sure you only need it for microphones that can also work on

battery, in which case you don't really need phantom anyway.

Sander

Jesper Buch

"Matias Woloski" skrev i en meddelelse
hi... I finally decided to return my Delta 44 and get another soundcard
which includes a preamp.

I need some recomendations from you guys. If you can include more than one
option that would be great, because here in Argentina we don't have every
sound card model.

Ther is no soundcards that includes preamps !

Keep your Delta 44 and buy a pre amp.

I can recomend RME 9652 . . it's a nice good quality card but then you need
externe converters and a pre amp.

I researched a bit and found one called Waveterminal 192M, 4 inputs and 8
outputs, 24bits and 192khz with digital output. It also has phantom power
12v.

any clues?

thanks,
Matias

Mich \(at work\)

"Jesper Buch" wrote in message
k...
"Matias Woloski" skrev i en meddelelse
hi... I finally decided to return my Delta 44 and get another soundcard
which includes a preamp.

I need some recomendations from you guys. If you can include more than

one
option that would be great, because here in Argentina we don't have

every
sound card model.

Ther is no soundcards that includes preamps !

Keep your Delta 44 and buy a pre amp.

I can recomend RME 9652 . . it's a nice good quality card but then you

need
externe converters and a pre amp.

Yes there is, my ST-AUDIO DSP2000 has two. They're not wonderful, but
they're there all the same.

M.
--
Michael Peel

http://www.peelm.btinternet.co.uk

Jesper Buch

"Mich (at work)" skrev i en meddelelse

"Jesper Buch" wrote in message
k...
"Matias Woloski" skrev i en meddelelse
hi... I finally decided to return my Delta 44 and get another

soundcard
which includes a preamp.

I need some recomendations from you guys. If you can include more than

one
option that would be great, because here in Argentina we don't have

every
sound card model.

Ther is no soundcards that includes preamps !

Keep your Delta 44 and buy a pre amp.

I can recomend RME 9652 . . it's a nice good quality card but then you

need
externe converters and a pre amp.

Yes there is, my ST-AUDIO DSP2000 has two. They're not wonderful, but
they're there all the same.

Is it in an extern rack og onboard inside the computer ??

M.
--
Michael Peel

http://www.peelm.btinternet.co.uk

Mike

Ther is no soundcards that includes preamps !

Keep your Delta 44 and buy a pre amp.

I can recomend RME 9652 . . it's a nice good quality card but then
you

need
externe converters and a pre amp.

Yes there is, my ST-AUDIO DSP2000 has two. They're not wonderful, but
they're there all the same.

Is it in an extern rack og onboard inside the computer ??

M.
--
Michael Peel

http://www.peelm.btinternet.co.uk

Midiman Delta 1010 LT has Mic preamps on the sound card.
Troy

Don't base buying a soundcard by it having built in pre's.Alot of companies
pack these things full of different half ass features that are CRAP.Just get
yourself a good card and anything else you need just go buy it later on.

Matias Woloski wrote in message
hi... I finally decided to return my Delta 44 and get another soundcard
which includes a preamp.

I need some recomendations from you guys. If you can include more than one
option that would be great, because here in Argentina we don't have every
sound card model.

I researched a bit and found one called Waveterminal 192M, 4 inputs and 8
outputs, 24bits and 192khz with digital output. It also has phantom power
12v.

any clues?

thanks,
Matias

Laurence Payne

Midiman Delta 1010 LT has Mic preamps on the sound card.

I don't suppose it's tube amp then ? . . . That can only stink . . . with
that much electrical noise i the Computer Cabinet.

They're OK.

Jesper - you started off with a wild "no soundcard has preamps".

We discover you thought it didn't count if the preamps were in a
breakout box. That's like saying, "The Delta 1010 has no audio
connections" because they aren't on the actual pci card!

Now you're redefining "preamp" as "hi-end valve preamp"
You're not helping much!

To the original question:
Why are you worried about having on-board preamps? Your Delta is a
nice card. Get a small external mixer to interface microphones, and
to make your recording process easier in other ways too.
Mich \(at work\)

[...]

Hi,

19 inch rack with all converters etc in the unit. 10 ins / outs (including
digital) Connects to internal PCI card which has digital daughter board.
Has direct monitoring, software patching. Very nice for about £350.