Posted to rec.audio.pro
abstraktron abstraktron is offline

Default Semi-Pro studio transition to Virtual Band member...

I've been recording my music for a while, or trying at least. The
biggest problem is that I've lacked in a couple areas. I'm a
singer/guitarist/pianist/songwriter but I lacked the other key crucial
components to a good mix, engineering experience, percussion, bass and
accompaniment. I just kinda fell on to this virtual band. This band is
a group of musicians from all over who come together in a forum much
like this one and put together music, via their own recording
instruments. I started working with one of the members with one of my
songs and presto, the song was completed, with drums and bass, way
better than I anticipated! Now this isn't cause to go out and start
posting my praises of this group, but this is:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=586953

This is the song, and its been climbing the charts, and now its at #3
in the inde charts #31 on the broader alternative charts. I must say
this was unexpected considering my initial assumptions about the
virtual band idea, but it works! Oh ya, its totally free.
myvirtualband.com is the site. If you're a musician with the ability to
record, check us out, join us, put your song on the charts or
collaborate with others. We need engineers to professionalize our
semi-proism. Hopefully this compels you to check things out. Virtual
bands may not be a new idea, but their advantages over conventional
music making may be in bloom because of the advance in technology over
the past couple of years.

-Abstrakt