Default 3700 DAT and HHB Plus hell

Hi,
I need some help- I am having trouble getting ID's from the HHB CDR to
the 3700 unit. That is to say from the HHB to the 3700 in digital
input. I have tired both XLR and SPEDIF (RAC). The dip switches dont
seem to make any difference. Does anyone have the same combo and can
lend a hand? What are the settings on the back?
thanks,
AB

Scott Dorsey

I need some help- I am having trouble getting ID's from the HHB CDR to
the 3700 unit. That is to say from the HHB to the 3700 in digital
input. I have tired both XLR and SPEDIF (RAC). The dip switches dont
seem to make any difference. Does anyone have the same combo and can
lend a hand? What are the settings on the back?

First of all, you need to be using consumer subcode. I'm not sure what you
need to do in order to get consumer subcode out of the HHb. Once you do
that, it becomes a matter of dip switches to get the 3700 to recognize the
subcode bits.

If you are using professional subcode, it won't carry start-ID info at all.

A bitscope is a very handy tool for these things, especially with somewhat
notorious gear like the SV-3700.

OK, thanks for the info. How would one then get subcode out of the HHb?

Scott Dorsey

OK, thanks for the info. How would one then get subcode out of the HHb?

Well, you're getting subcode out. The question is which format it is in,
the professional or the consumer. And finding out this and/or how to change
it is going to mean a trip to the manual.

hi - the HHb unit is the Burn It Plus. Please let me know what you
have had to do. Also my boss thinks that maybe a HHB bit box in line
will do the trick. Any thoughts?
Andy