Posted to rec.audio.car
WannaKatana WannaKatana is offline

Default Good music for sound quality

What are generally considered the best music cd's for sound quality? As
I said in my other post, I love most types of music.

Joel

Posted to rec.audio.car
flak_monkey flak_monkey is offline

Telarc releases audiophile cd's. Google them.

--
flak_monkey
Posted to rec.audio.car
WannaKatana WannaKatana is offline

Thank you so much. I appreciate your reply.

Joel

flak_monkey wrote:
Telarc releases audiophile cd's. Google them.

--
flak_monkey

Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On Dec 27, 7:49 pm, "WannaKatana" wrote:

What are generally considered the best music cd's for sound quality? As
I said in my other post, I love most types of music.

Some of my favorites:

Dire Straights, Brothers in Arms:
* "Ride Across the River". In my car I used to be able to close my
eyes and feel my windows disappear

Thomas Dolby, Aliens Ate My Buick:
* I think the track I'm looking for on this album is "Pop
Culture"...great slap bass and has one section where
the bass drops out of the bottom of the floor.

Clair Marlo, Let it Go:
* Close your eyes--Clair should sound like she's sitting on your
dashboard

Manheim Steamroller, Fresh Aire 7
* Not really my style of music, but it's dynamic and clean--good
for giving your system a workout

Great White, ...Twice Shy
* I don't have this CD any longer, but one of these tracks has a
great double-pedal bass attack that'll
give your subs a good workout. I think the song is "Hiway
Nights". Good quality recording all around.

I'm about 350 miles away from my CD collection at present. When I get
back home, I may find more to add to this list.

-dan

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

I really enjoy everything by Flim and the BBs. I believe it's classified as
new age jazz, I think.

Alice In Chains Unplugged. This live version, especially the song Rooster
is phenomenal.

Someone already mentioned Telarc discs. Good call.

Tony

--
2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC

2006 Mustang GT Coupe
Alpine IVA-D310 DVD Head Unit, Alpine MRA-550 Digital 5.1 Amp, Boston
Acoustics Z-Series Speakers, Alpine SBS-05DC Center Channel Speaker,
Amplified MTX Thunderform Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

D.Kreft wrote:
On Dec 27, 7:49 pm, "WannaKatana" wrote:

What are generally considered the best music cd's for sound quality? As
I said in my other post, I love most types of music.

Some of my favorites:

Dire Straights, Brothers in Arms:
* "Ride Across the River". In my car I used to be able to close my
eyes and feel my windows disappear

Awesome album!

Thomas Dolby, Aliens Ate My Buick:

Best album title EVER

* I think the track I'm looking for on this album is "Pop
Culture"...great slap bass and has one section where
the bass drops out of the bottom of the floor.

Yep, that's the one. I love this disc.

I'd also suggest just about anything by Mike Oldfield.

Pink Floyd is always great for testing - the album "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason"
has some great production, especially in tracks like "Yet Another Movie". The
opening track, "Signs Of Life", is an instrumental that begins with the sound of
a boat being rowed across the water - this is another good one to close your
eyes on and lose yourself in the scene.

Also good for that sort of thing is "The Wall", particularly the helicopter
between "The Happiest Days of Our Lives" and "Another Brick In the Wall, part 2"
- on my old home-built pseudo-surround setup years ago, I could sit in the
middle of four speakers and feel like the chopper was hovering over my head (no
chemical stimulation required, either!).

rec.audio.car FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (caution, this is HUGE) MOSFET Car Audio 0 June 18th 06 05:27 AM
Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Powerful Argument in Favor of Agnosticism and Athetism Robert Morein Audio Opinions 3 August 17th 04 06:37 AM