Posted to rec.audio.pro
Lord Valve Lord Valve is offline

Default Worst band Names

Scott Dorsey wrote:

MiNe109 wrote:
On 8/7/14, 10:17 PM, Trevor wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
That was my band in Union, New Hampshire.

What was? I am not sure what you're replying to.

Certainly the worst band name ever is "Free Beer." It looks great on the
sign outside, but it causes anger and dissention with the club staff.

I can see why the band might think they could draw a crowd with that name,
but not why any pub or club would hire them. If they don't realise there
might be a problem before they hire them, then they deserve to get
disgruntled patrons IMO.
Might be fine for an open bar party or wedding though. :-)

I guess you don't know the 80's era SF skate-punk band of that name.

I know the band of that name but I also don't know if they ever did a second
gig at the same club...

There was a band operating in the Denver area in the early
70s using that name. They worked all the time, folks "got"
the joke, and they usually bought a round for the house every
night just to make it legal...of course, that was back when
bands were relatively well-paid and beer was fairly cheap.

Lord Valve
Musician

Worst band Names [email protected] Pro Audio 15 April 29th 15 02:33 PM
FA: Precision Power PPI equalizers - 30 band trunk mount & 5 band in-dash packrat014 Car Audio 0 May 29th 06 07:43 PM
You want names? Sandman Audio Opinions 6 April 10th 04 08:18 PM
ICP Worst Band of All Time? Analogeezer Pro Audio 7 August 19th 03 03:22 PM
Names for SUV's Tom Paterson Pro Audio 7 July 19th 03 05:01 PM