Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] kl@megacase.de is offline

Default Flight Cases

check http://megacase.com/en ....here you will find all flightcases on configure them online

Am Samstag, 28. September 2002 02:37:45 UTC+2 schrieb Chris:
Hi,
Im looking at making my own flight cases for my audio gear. Namely my
mini-mixer ( a Samson MIXPAD 9), my cd player ( an old Sherwood CD-3020R)
and a box for my ever growing collection of leads and mics!

Basicaly, what im wanting is to be able to make these out of wood, with
proper fittings. I would also like them to be permenantly fixed in place, ie
being able to use the gear while it is flight cased. Therefor, i am looking,
also, for ways of extending the power input to the outside of the cases.

I know some of you are going to tell me to just go out and buy some proper
ones, but unfortunately that is not possible...I don't have enough "spare"
cash!

If anybody knows of any websites detailing how to make a flight cases
properly, then please let me know.
TIA

--
Chris Naylor,
DSM sjf

"Actors are props with dialog"

Posted to rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

topposted, fixed it:

Am Samstag, 28. September 2002 02:37:45 UTC+2 schrieb Chris:

,
Im looking at making my own flight cases for my audio gear. Namely my
mini-mixer ( a Samson MIXPAD 9), my cd player ( an old Sherwood
CD-3020R) and a box for my ever growing collection of leads and mics!

I know some of you are going to tell me to just go out and buy some
proper ones, but unfortunately that is not possible...I don't have
enough "spare" cash!

It is not necessarily cheaper to diy them.

If anybody knows of any websites detailing how to make a flight cases
properly, then please let me know.

check
http://megacase.com/en ....here you will find all flightcases
on configure them online

My first choice would be KW Cases here in Denmark, anyway go check
http://thomann.de, at least here in Europe, perhaps there is something in
their "Thon" range that fits your budget and needs. Someone is probably pair
way too poorly building them .... there is always something wrong when price
is very low, but that is another discussion.

Remember that custom built cases are not likely to be returnable for a
refund if you specified them wrong ....

Remember also that strong cases are heavy and not always good for a one man
operation, some of the time the cheaper plastic cases can be a better
choice, horses for courses.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Trevor Trevor is offline

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
eb.com...
Remember also that strong cases are heavy

Not these days. Carbon Fibre with good padding is both light and strong, and
expensive. Well made ABS cases with good padding are pretty light and
strong.
Plywood is heavy and not necessarily better. And you sure don't want to
travel with them by plane these days with excess baggage charges what they
are.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

Trevor wrote:

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
eb.com...

Remember also that strong cases are heavy

Not these days. Carbon Fibre with good padding is both light and
strong, and expensive. Well made ABS cases with good padding are
pretty light and strong.

Thank you.

Plywood is heavy and not necessarily better. And you sure don't want
to travel with them by plane these days with excess baggage charges
what they are.

Those were on my mind. Specifically the one I have, now unused, for my HD24
+ a 12 channel mixer. Neat idea, but not quite as transportable as I would
have preferred.

Trevor.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen