Default Hugh Capacitor willl blow

A hugh capacitor looks like a bomb. I thought it's WMD hehe..
can't believe folk install this hugh size of capacitor in car
and they drive without worry. I feel it's going to explore
someday. When you put in hugh amp in such big capacitor if a tiny
thing goes wrong, watch out it might burn you car...

MZ

A hugh capacitor looks like a bomb. I thought it's WMD hehe..
can't believe folk install this hugh size of capacitor in car
and they drive without worry. I feel it's going to explore
someday. When you put in hugh amp in such big capacitor if a tiny
thing goes wrong, watch out it might burn you car...

If "a tiny thing goes wrong"...what tiny thing are you talking about?

Thor Lancelot Simon

In article .com,
wrote:

A hugh capacitor looks like a bomb. I thought it's WMD hehe..

A herb capacitor burns like a bong.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky
mightymouse68

Is this guy kidding? What is a capacitor going to exlore? And who is
Hugh?

Barry & Nikki

Sounds like this dude has a huge capacitor exploring his bung hole.
Definitely needs to amp it up though for more electroshock therapy.
Obviously the uF amount is not enough to jolt the S*%T that fills his oral
cavity.

wrote in message
oups.com...

A hugh capacitor looks like a bomb. I thought it's WMD hehe..
can't believe folk install this hugh size of capacitor in car
and they drive without worry. I feel it's going to explore
someday. When you put in hugh amp in such big capacitor if a tiny
thing goes wrong, watch out it might burn you car...

MOSFET

A hugh capacitor looks like a bomb. I thought it's WMD hehe..
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Oh, that's knee slapper! Geez, my sides hurt! Mmdir2002, stop it, you nut,
I can't take it!

can't believe folk install this hugh size of capacitor in car
and they drive without worry. I feel it's going to explore
someday. When you put in hugh amp in such big capacitor if a tiny
thing goes wrong, watch out it might burn you car...

Watch out, that hugh capacitor's going to explore!

MOSFET

MZ wrote:
A hugh capacitor looks like a bomb. I thought it's WMD hehe..
can't believe folk install this hugh size of capacitor in car
and they drive without worry. I feel it's going to explore
someday. When you put in hugh amp in such big capacitor if a tiny
thing goes wrong, watch out it might burn you car...

If "a tiny thing goes wrong"...what tiny thing are you talking about?

YOu are so stupid. Capacitor is a storage device. In this case,
it stores the eletric voltage. If thing go wrong inside of capacitor,
it might cut off the voltage or it might cuz harm to your battery
or if thing get worst, these stored voltage will explore like
the battery charge does sometimes. You are carrying a bomb in your car!

MZ

If "a tiny thing goes wrong"...what tiny thing are you talking about?

YOu are so stupid. Capacitor is a storage device. In this case,
it stores the eletric voltage. If thing go wrong inside of capacitor,
it might cut off the voltage or it might cuz harm to your battery
or if thing get worst, these stored voltage will explore like
the battery charge does sometimes. You are carrying a bomb in your car!

Capacitors can "explode", yeah. So what happens when one does? Have you
ever actually seen a capacitor "explode"? I have. Is it like a bomb
exploding? Are there flames? Can it cause your car to catch fire?

mightymouse68

i is not an stupid idiot. i be just tryin too shair mye openion. y wood
u be so meen too me.

sq4u sq4u is offline
Junior Member

Ummmm.......just remember to charge...discharge your capacitor with the correct resistor wire (only needs charge BEFORE initial install, discharge when removed).. most new caps are sold with these wires with l.e.d.s to inform you about charge, discharge status, you should have no problems.....get one with a led voltmeter (it looks cool) keep the wire from the cap to the amp relatively short 3 to 4 feet for better response ...dont worry...everything will be alright...double check connections. and if you have a question, dont hesitate to get a second opinion. Youd go to another doctor right!!???? so do yourself a favor and get informed......by the way.....caps are filled with acids like a battery. so, if a cross wire were to happen.....the acids will ooze out the unit.

Sean Scott

"mightymouse68" wrote in message
oups.com...
i is not an stupid idiot. i be just tryin too shair mye openion. y wood
u be so meen too me.

That settles it, he is just ****ing around, No one can be this stupid to
make so many mistakes in just 3 sentences. Either that or someones pet
chimp got on the computer.

MOSFET

Ummmm.......just remember to charge...discharge your capacitor with the
correct resistor wire (only needs charge BEFORE initial install,
discharge when removed)..

Discharging your cap when you no longer use it is a REALLY good idea as I
failed to do this once and when I went to store it something metal touched
both posts on top, and MAN, that will give you a big time education on how
much current a cap can unload in an instant (a small part of the metal that
touched the cap was VAPORIZED!). Of course, given enough time, a cap will
discharge itself.

But, as far as charging a cap, the resistor is needed only to prevent a
large spark. I have charged caps without this resistor and I'm still
standing, but it's not a bad idea; if you have the resistor, use it.

MOSFET

Sean Scott wrote:
"mightymouse68" wrote in message
oups.com...
i is not an stupid idiot. i be just tryin too shair mye openion. y

wood
u be so meen too me.

That settles it, he is just ****ing around, No one can be this stupid

make so many mistakes in just 3 sentences. Either that or someones

pet
chimp got on the computer.

HOly cow! What are you mumbling about? Do you really want to be a
oxymoron?

sq4u wrote:
[...]

Wow I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M HEARING HERE...Capacitor is not like
tiny
device in a electronic device I've known. With rising upgrade sound of
car stereo, we have the KingKong size of capacitor. This must be the
largest capacitor in consumer electronic device I've ever seen. This is
really crazy and same times it's hilarious that many fool don't
realize the unnecessarily and dangerous gadget they carry into their
car when
capacitor simply does NOTHING. Capacitor can't fix the broken car
stereo
sound. Capacitor does not supply a voltage. All it does is reading out
the digitial display of voltage. Who needs to read the voltage since
the
all car stereo must operate at +12 volt. We all know that. If you don't
know, you must be some 3 grader. Well finished my laugh here...

Now cap is acting like a battery. If this is a case, it is right just
as I've thought. Acid stuff from batter is dangerous to be around.
I wouldn't want to be part of this street competition of earthshaking
sound, and go to

Thor Lancelot Simon

In article .com,
wrote:

Acid stuff from batter is dangerous to be around.

No, no. The acid goes in the kool-aid; the vodka goes in the the jell-o;
the "green flour" goes in the brownie mix. Leave the pancake batter alone,
people need their sugar and grease the morning after a binge and you
don't want to **** with that.

For someone who is clearly constantly on drugs -- powerful drugs,
maybe even Hunter S. Thompson quality Powerful Narcotics -- you really
don't know much about what you're doing.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky
MZ

Now cap is acting like a battery. If this is a case, it is right just
as I've thought. Acid stuff from batter is dangerous to be around.
I wouldn't want to be part of this street competition of earthshaking
sound, and go to

I can't explain how disappointed I am that this post had to end so abruptly.
My guess is that a capacitor exploded nearby...

mightymouse68

If that is the case, perhaps Scott can put together a "Best of mmdir2"
from the thousands of posts that he found. Let us all bow our heads for
a moment of silence...

Sean Scott

wrote in message
oups.com...

sq4u wrote:
[...]

Ouch, fell outta my chair laughing at this post. lol

Chad Wahls

"MZ" wrote in message
If "a tiny thing goes wrong"...what tiny thing are you talking about?

YOu are so stupid. Capacitor is a storage device. In this case,
it stores the eletric voltage. If thing go wrong inside of capacitor,
it might cut off the voltage or it might cuz harm to your battery
or if thing get worst, these stored voltage will explore like
the battery charge does sometimes. You are carrying a bomb in your car!

Capacitors can "explode", yeah. So what happens when one does? Have you
ever actually seen a capacitor "explode"? I have. Is it like a bomb
exploding? Are there flames? Can it cause your car to catch fire?

Gave me stitches and burns, still have scars to prove it, BUT this was an
isolated instance and happened on a bench when something went VERY wrong.
Highly unlikely in an automotive environment as long as all connections are
properly protected. I really don't believe in caps though....

Chad

Chad Wahls

"MOSFET" wrote in message
Ummmm.......just remember to charge...discharge your capacitor with the
correct resistor wire (only needs charge BEFORE initial install,
discharge when removed)..

Discharging your cap when you no longer use it is a REALLY good idea as I
failed to do this once and when I went to store it something metal touched
both posts on top, and MAN, that will give you a big time education on how
much current a cap can unload in an instant (a small part of the metal
that
touched the cap was VAPORIZED!). Of course, given enough time, a cap will
discharge itself.

But, as far as charging a cap, the resistor is needed only to prevent a
large spark. I have charged caps without this resistor and I'm still
standing, but it's not a bad idea; if you have the resistor, use it.

MOSFET

A cap will consume as much current on charge as it will provide on
discharge. Not a good idea to charge with a high current pulse.

Chad

Chad Wahls

wrote in message
oups.com...

Wow I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M HEARING HERE...Capacitor is not like
tiny
device in a electronic device I've known. With rising upgrade sound of
car stereo, we have the KingKong size of capacitor. This must be the
largest capacitor in consumer electronic device I've ever seen.

When you get out of your freshman electronics class and into the real world
you will see large caps, trust me, ever seen a large computer supply? How
'bout a power supply for a large studio console? The cap banks in these
make car caps look like childs play!

Wanna see some big ones? Look in a electrical grid substation, they have
large fan-cooled caps and inductors to correct power factor.

Chad

MOSFET

I really don't believe in caps though....

Chad

If I had stitches and burns, I suppose I wouldn't believe in caps either.

MOSFET

MOSFET

A cap will consume as much current on charge as it will provide on
discharge. Not a good idea to charge with a high current pulse.

Chad

No, you're right. It's not a good idea. My point was simply that it CAN be
done.

MOSFET

Chad Wahls

"MOSFET" wrote in message
A cap will consume as much current on charge as it will provide on
discharge. Not a good idea to charge with a high current pulse.

Chad

No, you're right. It's not a good idea. My point was simply that it CAN
be
done.

MOSFET

Yep happens all the time,

Funny Story, Once I jumped a dead car in a parking lot, it was a lady
driving her son's car while he was away at school, she left the lights on
and killed the battery. I did not know about the small fortune he had
invested in caps in the trunk. My jumper cable clamp stayed permanently
attached to that car. I swear I still can see the blue spot when I close my
eyes at night

Chad

Chad Wahls

"MOSFET" wrote in message
I really don't believe in caps though....

Chad

If I had stitches and burns, I suppose I wouldn't believe in caps either.

MOSFET

It was a tube amp that had a really high plate voltage, it is common to put
2 caps in series and use balancing resistors to gain double the voltage
handling. One resistor failed and the other cap in series went down in
resistance by a bunch. I had 650-700V on a 400V cap, it exploded before the
venting had time to operate. Surprise! I've seen (had to clean up) some
great cap explosions.

I see all these banks of caps at shows straight up with unprotected
terminals, I always wondered what it would look like if a handful of change
were induced to the scenario

Chad

MZ

It was a tube amp that had a really high plate voltage, it is common to
put
2 caps in series and use balancing resistors to gain double the voltage
handling. One resistor failed and the other cap in series went down in
resistance by a bunch. I had 650-700V on a 400V cap, it exploded before

the
venting had time to operate. Surprise! I've seen (had to clean up) some
great cap explosions.

I've never popped big caps before. Do they enter projectile status like the
little ones, or do they produce a light show instead?

I see all these banks of caps at shows straight up with unprotected
terminals, I always wondered what it would look like if a handful of

change
were induced to the scenario

lol don't give me any ideas...

Chad Wahls

"MZ" wrote in message
Surprise! I've seen (had to clean up) some
great cap explosions.

I've never popped big caps before. Do they enter projectile status like
the
little ones, or do they produce a light show instead?

Imagine placing a hand grenade wrapped in oil soaked knit sweaters into a
metal trash can

Usually it's mostly shrapnel, A few have gone into Titan Rocket status and
dented up the lid of the offending piece gear pretty bad. Nearly always the
venting works as it should and there's just smelly lytic everywhere

Unfortunately I have never seen a light show, but smoke/steam is another
story.

I see all these banks of caps at shows straight up with unprotected
terminals, I always wondered what it would look like if a handful of

change
were induced to the scenario

lol don't give me any ideas...

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Chad

MOSFET

Funny Story, Once I jumped a dead car in a parking lot, it was a lady
driving her son's car while he was away at school, she left the lights on
and killed the battery. I did not know about the small fortune he had
invested in caps in the trunk. My jumper cable clamp stayed permanently
attached to that car. I swear I still can see the blue spot when I close

my
eyes at night

Chad

Yikes! Can you imagine if car batteries had the same ESR as caps? Not
pretty.

MOSFET

Snuffy Smiff

wrote in message
oups.com...

sq4u wrote:
[...]

You should be committed for bringing this terrible thing to all our
attentions. I bet this is all a nefarious plot by those nasty HipHoppers!
This could really be so hugh as to be quite series-why, it could even stune
the really hugh beeber!
But still much Danger lingers, what with all the possible leakage of
unnecessarily and hilarious radioacid batter Stuff! WOW! This may be the
Time of much worry and rising upgrades.... perhaps You should alert
Homeland Security as to this series and rather earthshaking eletric voltage
problem NOW! Don't wait, we have FAR too many cars with bombs exploring our
streets and all...

Snuffy

Ian

wrote in message
oups.com...

A hugh capacitor looks like a bomb. I thought it's WMD hehe..
can't believe folk install this hugh size of capacitor in car
and they drive without worry. I feel it's going to explore
someday. When you put in hugh amp in such big capacitor if a tiny
thing goes wrong, watch out it might burn you car...

When I was in university my roomate and I would take capacitors and wire
them up to the wall socket stick them outside and wait for a person to walk
by and flip the switch. The small caps made a loud explosion and a spark.
The larger caps would simply heat up and start smoking. I've never heard of
a car audio cap exploding. What could possibly go wrong? Is the cap going
to wire itself backwards? Most caps sold these days have a working voltage
of 16-20 volts. Most cars don't put out that much voltage even with a
defective regulator.