Jerry Avins

Default Internet Stream Audio [Was Bit-resolution decrease for internet]

Radium wrote:

1/88200 = .0000113378684807256235827664399092971

Bully for you! To eight significant figures,
2^.0000113378684807256235827664399092971 rounds to 1.00000786. So?

Jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Radium

"Ben Pope" wrote in message ...
Radium wrote:
Transistor can only be "on" or "off". However, regions on a magnetic
disc do not need to be,

So along with your CoDec you're suggesting an
analogue storage medium?

Magnetic discs aren't always analog. There are many examples of
digital magnetic disc such as floppies and hard drives.

Jerry Avins

Radium wrote:

"Ben Pope" wrote in message ...

Radium wrote:

Transistor can only be "on" or "off". However, regions on a magnetic
disc do not need to be,

So along with your CoDec you're suggesting an
analogue storage medium?

Magnetic discs aren't always analog. There are many examples of
digital magnetic disc such as floppies and hard drives.

Craphead! digital magnetic media are effectively on or off. It can't be
both ways. I give up.

Jerry
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Radium

Jerry Avins wrote in message ...
I give up.

Me too. I now realize that digital information cannot be less that one
bit. I must admit this is one of my stupid threads which I started
w/out sufficient research. Sorry.