Bill

Default Some questions about a new car system

I have a friend that is extreamly good at installing car systems and I
am going to get him to instal mine once i get all the compnents. I
have been lookign around on ebay and have found some interesting
things and am wondering what the difference is. I know Kicker brand
audio equipment is really good. However, what is the difference
between a $400+ kicker amp that isn't capable of over 1000watts and
all these other amps on ebay that you can easily get a 2000w amp for
$150? I want one hell of a system as cheap as i can get it. I'll
supply some links and i was wondering what yall could tell me about
these products. I am a newb when it coems to car systems so any help,
or info is appreciated. Some of these items have ended but please just
read the descriptions.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=39 777&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=18 803&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=18 803&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ry=49 50&rd=1

I am looking to get 1 or 2 great sounding speakers (kickers or
better), a very nice booming, bumping subwoofer and an amp that could
handel it all. Another question i have is would a 2000w amp get really
hot? I know the subwoofer will sound fine in the trunk of my car but
will the 1 or 2 speakers also sound good or will they sound muffled?
thank you for all of your help. Suggestions would be great.
Highrollerii

First off...ur ebay links...

1) Seller #1 with the cheap ass (price-wise) L7s has 0 feedback...not a
good sign...

2) That koiiler sub looks flashey and handels "massive" ammounts of
power as he states....but it looks like u want a hard hitting
sub....with only 11.1 mm of Xmax i dont think that sub will do that for
u...plus try to avoid companies that post the MAX power ratings all
over their equipment...

3)That is a killer deal on a peir of Comp VRs and those will give u a
good ammount of bass...he also has 98% feedback rating in 10000
reviews...thats prety good...

4) Pyle....says it all...its a pyle of **** the diff between the
$600 1000w JL amp and this $150 2000w Pyle is quality...the ammount of
CLEAN power it can deliver and the RELIABILITY...i can gaurantee u the
JL will last FAR longer than the pyle...not worth near the $150 u'll
pay...

For descent bass like u want look at JL W0s or W3's, Kicker Comp VRs,
memphis, MTX (8000 series or better)...

As for a decent amp...look into JBL, Kicker, MTX, and older
rockford...

As for the sound in a trunk...it will be lower then say an SUV since an
SUV is open and the sound wave doesnt have to travel through the seats
into the cabin but it wount sound "muffeled" as u said...

--
Highrollerii

Paul Vina

"Highrollerii" wrote in message

[...]

I agree with everything except for the last statement. An SUV may not have
a trunk to deal with but the interior volume is 2 or 3 times that of a
sedan. After years of doing this professionally I can say a sedan, even
with the back seat up, will be louder than the SUV unless it's something the
size of a RAV4 which isn't really an SUV.

Paul Vina

sanitarium

cant really go wrong with kicker stuff... generally very well made and
reliable. I had older gold logo (credence) C12s in 1988, and M10s as
midbass. Hit 130 db with that system on Bachbustsers. When you shop
for a sub, pay close attention to TS parameters. The best sub will
sound like a$$ in a poorly designed enclosure. Ask your installer how
he calculates enclosure volumes and estimates port/cabinet tuning. If
he has no idea what Qts and Vas are its time to get another installer.

I have no first hand experience with Pyle products.

Not sure about Koiller subs... search the termpro.com and
caraudioforum.com www boards for first hand user feedback.

Amp wattage is a tricky thing. Few amps really do what they say they
do. But (IMHO) that does not make it an inferior product, just over
rated. UNLESS youre into DB comps and you need every last watt and
ounce of efficiency.

Before you buy any amplifier search the termpro.com forum for wattage
measurements and user feedback. IMHO its better to evlauate an amp on
an actual watts/dollar basis than just strictly on wattage output...
unless $$$ is no object to you.

Hope this helps...
Garrett

Bill wrote:
[...]

Highrollerii

Paul Vina wrote:
*"Highrollerii" wrote in
message

I agree with everything except for the last statement. An SUV may
not have
a trunk to deal with but the interior volume is 2 or 3 times that of
sedan. After years of doing this professionally I can say a sedan,
even
with the back seat up, will be louder than the SUV unless it's
something the
size of a RAV4 which isn't really an SUV.

Paul Vina *

I heard a hummer at a local show that i could have sworn it had at
least 2 12's in it....it had ONE fosgate 10 and sounded amazing...u can
generally tell what kind of setup is in a sedan type car...ive just
learned, heard, and generally thought it sounds louder in a larger
cabin...

--
Highrollerii

Paul Vina

Not necessarily. Everyone I know thinks my wife has a pair of 12's or 15's
in her Jetta and it's a single Solobaric 12 in a sealed box.

Paul Vina

"Highrollerii" wrote in message

Paul Vina wrote:
*"Highrollerii" wrote in
message

I agree with everything except for the last statement. An SUV may
not have
a trunk to deal with but the interior volume is 2 or 3 times that of
sedan. After years of doing this professionally I can say a sedan,
even
with the back seat up, will be louder than the SUV unless it's
something the
size of a RAV4 which isn't really an SUV.

Paul Vina *

I heard a hummer at a local show that i could have sworn it had at
least 2 12's in it....it had ONE fosgate 10 and sounded amazing...u can
generally tell what kind of setup is in a sedan type car...ive just
learned, heard, and generally thought it sounds louder in a larger
cabin...

--
Highrollerii
Highrollerii's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=1673
View this thread:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=10073

Bill

Wow guys, thanks for the information. Yall saved me from making a
really big mistake on cheap crap. Umm... I am new to all this so
please stick with me as i try to talk about this stuff. (My plans
might change later since i am getting suggestions but this my plans so
far) I am thinking about buying 2 kicker 12" solobaric L5s. I do not
know what kind of boxes to get for them. Vented or sealed? If i have
read up on it correctly (I am trying to learn a bit and then ask
questions) I think vented will allow for most bass output? I will be
putting these subs in the back of my car in the trunk. I have no idea
what kind of amp(s) to get for these 2 subwoofers so pelase give
suggestions. I am looking at MTX amps on ebay since i got word that
they are good amps and they seem to be the cheaper ones on Ebay. Other
then the brand, I am clueless on the specs of the amp. I am trying to
be tight on my budget and i think i have found some really good prices
on the solobaric L5s from reliable sellers. A big question i have is
how smart is it to buy refurbished subwoofers? Suggestions are very
welcomed about my build for my system. Does it sound like it will bump
hard and sound good? Again, please post or e-mail me about amps. I
don't know what to look for. The technical specs on the kickers are at
http://www.kicker.com/ShowPage.cfm?f...u=SUBWOOFE RS
if that will help you help me picking out an amp =) If you think my
imaginary system (so far) is crap then tell me that too

Bill

Well I am glad my thread is turning into rather an open cabin or a
trunk sounds better. lol anyways. At least i am attracting posters
I wanted to ask Paul, is your wife's solorbaric a L5 or an L7. does
anyone know if the 12" L7 hits (bumps) a lot more harder then the L5?
Again, for my solobarics i am thinking on getting 12" (not sure of L5
or L7 yet) should i get sealed or vented box to put in the back of my
trunk?

"Paul Vina" wrote in message .net...
Not necessarily. Everyone I know thinks my wife has a pair of 12's or 15's
in her Jetta and it's a single Solobaric 12 in a sealed box.

Paul Vina

Highrollerii

The L7 is the series above the L5 so in a sence yes they will "bump"
harder...DEFFINITLY a large ported box for either L5s or L7s...they
kicker 1200.1 would be perfect for either application

--
Highrollerii

Paul Vina

My wife has the L5. Other than handling more power, being able to get
little louder and a cast frame instead of the stamped frame they're the
same. Other than the frame the L5 is the same as the original L7. Plenty
loud enough for me and her.

Paul Vina

"Bill" wrote in message
om...
Well I am glad my thread is turning into rather an open cabin or a
trunk sounds better. lol anyways. At least i am attracting posters
I wanted to ask Paul, is your wife's solorbaric a L5 or an L7. does
anyone know if the 12" L7 hits (bumps) a lot more harder then the L5?
Again, for my solobarics i am thinking on getting 12" (not sure of L5
or L7 yet) should i get sealed or vented box to put in the back of my
trunk?

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

.net...
Not necessarily. Everyone I know thinks my wife has a pair of 12's or

15's
in her Jetta and it's a single Solobaric 12 in a sealed box.

Paul Vina

rick donnelly

Paul,
YOU ARE MY FRIKKIN IDOL!! Not only do you possess a ridiculous expertise
in this field, but perhaps more importantly, you got your wife to let you
install a sub in her car! My wife won't even ride in my car unless I remove
the fuse to the amp. You rock!

Rick (lurker for the most part)
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
My wife has the L5. Other than handling more power, being able to get
little louder and a cast frame instead of the stamped frame they're the
same. Other than the frame the L5 is the same as the original L7. Plenty
loud enough for me and her.

Paul Vina

"Bill" wrote in message
om...
Well I am glad my thread is turning into rather an open cabin or a
trunk sounds better. lol anyways. At least i am attracting posters
I wanted to ask Paul, is your wife's solorbaric a L5 or an L7. does
anyone know if the 12" L7 hits (bumps) a lot more harder then the L5?
Again, for my solobarics i am thinking on getting 12" (not sure of L5
or L7 yet) should i get sealed or vented box to put in the back of my
trunk?

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

.net...
Not necessarily. Everyone I know thinks my wife has a pair of 12's or

15's
in her Jetta and it's a single Solobaric 12 in a sealed box.

Paul Vina

capone

i have 2 12" L7s in a sealed box (sealed garbage)......with a kicker kx
800.2 amp.....they knock harder then the[cop] !!!!!!!!!!!! believe
me.....if yer getting 2 12" L5/7....get heh kx800.2 since yer on a
budget...it is unbelievable...get them and hear for yourself[metal]
[metal] [metal]

--
capone

Bill

Thanks again guys for the information. I am thinking about getting 1
Kicker Solobaric 15' L7. I heard it that it can outperform probably
the 2 12' L5s. Now all i have to do is decide on a good amp that will
let this speaker perform the way it was made to. The amp i am looking
at is here... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=18 797&rd=1
Another question i have is about refurbished subwoofers. This guy on
ebay (with good feedback) is selling a refurbished 15" L7 for about
$30 cheaper and $8 less on shipping and handeling so i would save a
good amount. What box should i consider getting for the 15'? I will be
putting it in the back of my car. I am thinking about trying to get my
hands on a kicker box especially made for the kicker L7 15' any
suggestions are welcomed.

Highrollerii wrote in message ...
The L7 is the series above the L5 so in a sence yes they will "bump"
harder...DEFFINITLY a large ported box for either L5s or L7s...they
kicker 1200.1 would be perfect for either application

Paul Vina

And the best part is when I met her she said "As long as it makes noise I'm
fine". I told her "Give it 6 months and you'll never listen to stock
again". Now she tells the guys she works with their systems sound like ass
and has actually wired up a couple of HU's for them because they couldn't
figure it out. LOL!!! I love it!

"rick donnelly" wrote in message
.. .
Paul,
YOU ARE MY FRIKKIN IDOL!! Not only do you possess a ridiculous

expertise
in this field, but perhaps more importantly, you got your wife to let you
install a sub in her car! My wife won't even ride in my car unless I

remove
the fuse to the amp. You rock!

Rick (lurker for the most part)
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
My wife has the L5. Other than handling more power, being able to get
little louder and a cast frame instead of the stamped frame they're the
same. Other than the frame the L5 is the same as the original L7.

Plenty
loud enough for me and her.

Paul Vina

"Bill" wrote in message
om...
Well I am glad my thread is turning into rather an open cabin or a
trunk sounds better. lol anyways. At least i am attracting posters
I wanted to ask Paul, is your wife's solorbaric a L5 or an L7. does
anyone know if the 12" L7 hits (bumps) a lot more harder then the L5?
Again, for my solobarics i am thinking on getting 12" (not sure of L5
or L7 yet) should i get sealed or vented box to put in the back of my
trunk?

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

.net...
Not necessarily. Everyone I know thinks my wife has a pair of 12's

or
15's
in her Jetta and it's a single Solobaric 12 in a sealed box.

Paul Vina

Paul Vina

"Bill" wrote in message
om...
Thanks again guys for the information. I am thinking about getting 1
Kicker Solobaric 15' L7. I heard it that it can outperform probably
the 2 12' L5s.

A 15L5 will do that. You don't need to go up to the L7's to do that.

Now all i have to do is decide on a good amp that will
let this speaker perform the way it was made to. The amp i am looking
at is here...

&rd=1

That would be a great amp to use, especially for the price.

Another question i have is about refurbished subwoofers. This guy on
ebay (with good feedback) is selling a refurbished 15" L7 for about
$30 cheaper and $8 less on shipping and handeling so i would save a
good amount.

It's not worth it IMO. I would spend the money on a new one.

What box should i consider getting for the 15'? I will be
putting it in the back of my car. I am thinking about trying to get my
hands on a kicker box especially made for the kicker L7 15' any
suggestions are welcomed.

Build one. It will fit better and cost less.
\

Paul Vina

Brandon Buckner

That's what Fosters would call a "keepah".

Brandonb

Paul Vina wrote:

And the best part is when I met her she said "As long as it makes noise I'm
fine". I told her "Give it 6 months and you'll never listen to stock
again". Now she tells the guys she works with their systems sound like ass
and has actually wired up a couple of HU's for them because they couldn't
figure it out. LOL!!! I love it!

"rick donnelly" wrote in message
.. .

Paul,
YOU ARE MY FRIKKIN IDOL!! Not only do you possess a ridiculous

expertise

in this field, but perhaps more importantly, you got your wife to let you
install a sub in her car! My wife won't even ride in my car unless I

remove

the fuse to the amp. You rock!

Rick (lurker for the most part)
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
t.net...

My wife has the L5. Other than handling more power, being able to get
little louder and a cast frame instead of the stamped frame they're the
same. Other than the frame the L5 is the same as the original L7.

Plenty

loud enough for me and her.

Paul Vina

"Bill" wrote in message
e.com...

Well I am glad my thread is turning into rather an open cabin or a
trunk sounds better. lol anyways. At least i am attracting posters
I wanted to ask Paul, is your wife's solorbaric a L5 or an L7. does
anyone know if the 12" L7 hits (bumps) a lot more harder then the L5?
Again, for my solobarics i am thinking on getting 12" (not sure of L5
or L7 yet) should i get sealed or vented box to put in the back of my
trunk?

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

. att.net...

Not necessarily. Everyone I know thinks my wife has a pair of 12's

or

15's

in her Jetta and it's a single Solobaric 12 in a sealed box.

Paul Vina

Paul Vina

Sometimes it's a pain. I wanted to sell her gear (she's deploying so she
won't need it for 4 to 6 months and she's getting a new car when she gets
back anyway) and upgrade mine but she wasn't havin' it!

Paul Vina

Paul Vina wrote:

[...]

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
t.net...

My wife has the L5. Other than handling more power, being able to get
little louder and a cast frame instead of the stamped frame they're the
same. Other than the frame the L5 is the same as the original L7.

Plenty

loud enough for me and her.

Paul Vina

"Bill" wrote in message
e.com...

Well I am glad my thread is turning into rather an open cabin or a
trunk sounds better. lol anyways. At least i am attracting posters
I wanted to ask Paul, is your wife's solorbaric a L5 or an L7. does
anyone know if the 12" L7 hits (bumps) a lot more harder then the L5?
Again, for my solobarics i am thinking on getting 12" (not sure of L5
or L7 yet) should i get sealed or vented box to put in the back of my
trunk?

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

. att.net...

Not necessarily. Everyone I know thinks my wife has a pair of 12's

or

15's

in her Jetta and it's a single Solobaric 12 in a sealed box.

Paul Vina

Brandon Buckner

And yet you're getting rid of her RS6s anyway?

Brandonb

Paul Vina wrote:

And the best part is when I met her she said "As long as it makes noise

I'm

fine". I told her "Give it 6 months and you'll never listen to stock
again". Now she tells the guys she works with their systems sound like

ass

and has actually wired up a couple of HU's for them because they

couldn't

figure it out. LOL!!! I love it!

"rick donnelly" wrote in message
m...

Paul,
YOU ARE MY FRIKKIN IDOL!! Not only do you possess a ridiculous

expertise

in this field, but perhaps more importantly, you got your wife to let

you

install a sub in her car! My wife won't even ride in my car unless I

remove

the fuse to the amp. You rock!

Rick (lurker for the most part)
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. att.net...

My wife has the L5. Other than handling more power, being able to get
little louder and a cast frame instead of the stamped frame they're the
same. Other than the frame the L5 is the same as the original L7.

Plenty

loud enough for me and her.

Paul Vina

"Bill" wrote in message
gle.com...

Well I am glad my thread is turning into rather an open cabin or a
trunk sounds better. lol anyways. At least i am attracting posters
I wanted to ask Paul, is your wife's solorbaric a L5 or an L7. does
anyone know if the 12" L7 hits (bumps) a lot more harder then the L5?
Again, for my solobarics i am thinking on getting 12" (not sure of L5
or L7 yet) should i get sealed or vented box to put in the back of my
trunk?

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

p.att.net...

Not necessarily. Everyone I know thinks my wife has a pair of 12's

or

15's

in her Jetta and it's a single Solobaric 12 in a sealed box.

Paul Vina

Paul Vina

I'm thinking about it. The biggest problem is eBay. They're selling for so
little that's it's almost not worth it, even if I did get mine at my old
shop and they carry a real warranty. We'll see. I may sell her S12L5 as
well.

Paul Vina wrote:

[...]

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. att.net...

My wife has the L5. Other than handling more power, being able to

get
little louder and a cast frame instead of the stamped frame they're

the
same. Other than the frame the L5 is the same as the original L7.

Plenty

loud enough for me and her.

Paul Vina

"Bill" wrote in message
gle.com...

Well I am glad my thread is turning into rather an open cabin or a
trunk sounds better. lol anyways. At least i am attracting posters

I wanted to ask Paul, is your wife's solorbaric a L5 or an L7. does
anyone know if the 12" L7 hits (bumps) a lot more harder then the

L5?
Again, for my solobarics i am thinking on getting 12" (not sure of

L5
or L7 yet) should i get sealed or vented box to put in the back of

my
trunk?

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

p.att.net...

Not necessarily. Everyone I know thinks my wife has a pair of 12's

or

15's

in her Jetta and it's a single Solobaric 12 in a sealed box.

Paul Vina

Bill

Okay guys... back to my orignal subject for a second then yall can
resume... but uh.. People are selling Kicker speakers on Ebay for like
$30+ cheaper and i love to save money where i can for a good cause not
on junk. The speakers they sell are refurbished or "factory
reconditions" and still come with 90day warranty and has factory
certificate or whatever. would it be smart to go ahead and buy these
cheaper speakers if they are the same specs and everythign as the $50
more new in box?
Soundfreak03

Okay guys... back to my orignal subject for a second then yall can
resume... but uh.. People are selling Kicker speakers on Ebay for like
$30+ cheaper and i love to save money where i can for a good cause not
on junk. The speakers they sell are refurbished or "factory
reconditions" and still come with 90day warranty and has factory
certificate or whatever. would it be smart to go ahead and buy these
cheaper speakers if they are the same specs and everythign as the $50
more new in box?

You run the risk. Factory certs can be bought or faked, and no telling who
really did the reconditioning. The ebayer may not even be aware of it. If I
were paying more than $100 dollars then an extra $30 for a completely brand new
product I would go for the new set.

Paul Vina

Kicker does not authorize online selling of ANYTHING they make, period. The
stuff on eBay is not reconditioned or refurbished. It is NIB product gotten
from a dealer or distributor breaking their contractual agreement with
Kicker. There will be NO warranty on the product unless the seller supplies
one as Kicker will not honor one. The risk is up to you.

Paul Vina

"Bill" wrote in message
om...
Okay guys... back to my orignal subject for a second then yall can
resume... but uh.. People are selling Kicker speakers on Ebay for like
$30+ cheaper and i love to save money where i can for a good cause not
on junk. The speakers they sell are refurbished or "factory
reconditions" and still come with 90day warranty and has factory
certificate or whatever. would it be smart to go ahead and buy these
cheaper speakers if they are the same specs and everythign as the $50
more new in box?

Anb

Bill,

You may want to take a look at www.etronics.com. I bought a Kicker
CompVR12 and a JBL 300.1 from them a month ago and the prices are VERY
good, especially on subs and amplifier. After shipping, and duty
taxes, the price is still 40% less less than the best price I could
find here in Canada. From past experience, stay far from Ebay for
subwoofer.

In order to make a good comparaison between the dual-L5 and L7, I
would put the subs specs in WinISD (Windows software for box design)
and do the theorical comparaison.

Andre.

(Bill) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Brandon Buckner

If its truly just a $30 difference, it is worth it in the long run to
just get a new one from an authorized dealer. That way *if* anything
should happen, and its usually completely unexpected, you are covered. I
know I've had 6 MTX 8000s replaced because I was stupid at SPL
competitions. Thats a LOT of money to be out otherwise. Then again, I've
got some subs that I bought and specifically TRIED to destroy and just
wouldn't. Never know.

Brandonb

Bill wrote:

Okay guys... back to my orignal subject for a second then yall can
resume... but uh.. People are selling Kicker speakers on Ebay for like
$30+ cheaper and i love to save money where i can for a good cause not
on junk. The speakers they sell are refurbished or "factory
reconditions" and still come with 90day warranty and has factory
certificate or whatever. would it be smart to go ahead and buy these
cheaper speakers if they are the same specs and everythign as the $50
more new in box?

Brandon Buckner

If you do sell them, I've got a friend that is a huge RS6 fan. He may be
in the market for yet another set. I personally don't like the tweeters,
although the mid on them rocks as does the add-on 8" midbass. Hmm...
maybe throw my spare DEI Studio tweets on them

Brandonb

Paul Vina wrote:

And the best part is when I met her she said "As long as it makes noise

I'm

fine". I told her "Give it 6 months and you'll never listen to stock
again". Now she tells the guys she works with their systems sound like

ass

and has actually wired up a couple of HU's for them because they

couldn't

figure it out. LOL!!! I love it!

"rick donnelly" wrote in message
. com...

Paul,
YOU ARE MY FRIKKIN IDOL!! Not only do you possess a ridiculous

expertise

in this field, but perhaps more importantly, you got your wife to let

you

install a sub in her car! My wife won't even ride in my car unless I

remove

the fuse to the amp. You rock!

Rick (lurker for the most part)
"Paul Vina" wrote in message
p.att.net...

My wife has the L5. Other than handling more power, being able to

get

little louder and a cast frame instead of the stamped frame they're

the

same. Other than the frame the L5 is the same as the original L7.

Plenty

loud enough for me and her.

Paul Vina

"Bill" wrote in message
oogle.com...

Well I am glad my thread is turning into rather an open cabin or a
trunk sounds better. lol anyways. At least i am attracting posters

I wanted to ask Paul, is your wife's solorbaric a L5 or an L7. does
anyone know if the 12" L7 hits (bumps) a lot more harder then the

L5?

Again, for my solobarics i am thinking on getting 12" (not sure of

L5

or L7 yet) should i get sealed or vented box to put in the back of

my

trunk?

"Paul Vina" wrote in message

. asp.att.net...

Not necessarily. Everyone I know thinks my wife has a pair of 12's

or

15's

in her Jetta and it's a single Solobaric 12 in a sealed box.

Paul Vina

Paul Vina

Did you know that competing at SPL contests voids your warranty? If you
tell MTX how you broke them they won't honor the warranty. They consider it
abuse. In fact, every manufacturer I know of has the same policy.

Bill wrote:

Okay guys... back to my orignal subject for a second then yall can
resume... but uh.. People are selling Kicker speakers on Ebay for like
$30+ cheaper and i love to save money where i can for a good cause not
on junk. The speakers they sell are refurbished or "factory
reconditions" and still come with 90day warranty and has factory
certificate or whatever. would it be smart to go ahead and buy these
cheaper speakers if they are the same specs and everythign as the $50
more new in box?

Brandon Buckner

I know. Thats what they SAY anyway. Have you ever actually tried it?
Many times they will replace or recone the woofer anyway. Just look at
all the manufacturers at SPL events. MTX had like 6 people at dBDrag
world finals just there to recone RFLs when the competitors blew them.
In the end its up to them in those instances, but you never know till
you try. Hell, MTX's tech staff helped me design the boxes I blew them in

I did it purposefully for the most part. I went into a situation with a
high chance of damaging them. And I did. That is not always the case
though.

Brandonb

Bill wrote:

Okay guys... back to my orignal subject for a second then yall can
resume... but uh.. People are selling Kicker speakers on Ebay for like
$30+ cheaper and i love to save money where i can for a good cause not
on junk. The speakers they sell are refurbished or "factory
reconditions" and still come with 90day warranty and has factory
certificate or whatever. would it be smart to go ahead and buy these
cheaper speakers if they are the same specs and everythign as the $50
more new in box?

Paul Vina

Most of the time they will since it gets them exposure to have people using
their gear. But technically it does void it. I used to have to get really
creative when sending 8 subs back to a manufacturer trying to explain how
all 8 of them blew up! Ah, the good old days.....

Bill wrote:

Okay guys... back to my orignal subject for a second then yall can
resume... but uh.. People are selling Kicker speakers on Ebay for like
$30+ cheaper and i love to save money where i can for a good cause not
on junk. The speakers they sell are refurbished or "factory
reconditions" and still come with 90day warranty and has factory
certificate or whatever. would it be smart to go ahead and buy these
cheaper speakers if they are the same specs and everythign as the $50
more new in box?

Bill

hey. Well moving onto the box. I am putting this thing in my trunk and
i have decided to get a vented box. I am wondering if i should get
this longer style...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=18 804&rd=1
or if i should go with the shorter
style...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=14 945
i have a gut feelign that the shorter would be the best. Space is not
an issue for my 99 ford contour. But i don't know much and i just
began learnign 3 days ago and that is why i am asking. Suggestions are
appreciated

Paul Vina

Where's the challenge in that? I just don't say they're all from the same
customer. Since we replaced them OTC we don't need to supply receipts the
company is none the wiser.