Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Maaark Maaark is offline

Default Damper diodes as rectifiers

I've seen people use dampers as rectifier before, and I like the
premise.. but something confuses me.

In the datasheets for 6AU4, 6AX4, etc, they state that "use of this tube
as a power rectifier is not recommended".

Why is it not recommended? I don't see any flaws.

Diodes on Cathode? Gareth Magennis Vacuum Tubes 19 June 13th 07 08:02 PM
Get your Cheminium rectifiers now!! Raymond Koonce Vacuum Tubes 4 July 31st 06 01:11 PM
Using Damper Diodes for B+ Supplies Jon Yaeger Vacuum Tubes 12 October 6th 05 12:27 AM
Tube Damper???? mike Vacuum Tubes 18 November 29th 04 09:05 PM
Silicon rectifiers ? jim Vacuum Tubes 6 November 19th 03 07:13 PM