Bryan

Default Capacitors

I have a 1 farad capacitor I got for free and wanted to use. The only
problem is it didn't come with a charging resitor, and I'm not sure how to
go about charging/discharging the thing. My question is this:

1.) If I went and bought just any 'ole resistor from radio shack could I use
that? If so what resistance would I need?

2.) Capacitors are basicly batteries right? If I charge it, then disconnect
it, then hook it back up do I need to use a resistor to charge it again or
will it hold the charge like a battery?

-- Bryan