William Norman

Default Azimuth adjustment on cassette deck

My Aiwa AD-F810 3 head cassette deck uses a nut instead of a screw for the
azimuth adjustment. I was wondering if anyone knows the size of the
nut-driver I need to make the adjustment.

Will Norman

Richard Kuschel

My Aiwa AD-F810 3 head cassette deck uses a nut instead of a screw for the
azimuth adjustment. I was wondering if anyone knows the size of the
nut-driver I need to make the adjustment.

Will Norman

Just measure it.

Radio shack sells sets of very small nut drivers at reasonable cost.

It will be metric.
Richard H. Kuschel
William Norman

"Richard Kuschel" wrote in message

Just measure it.

Easier said than done. The Azimuth adjustment on this deck is quite
recessed. . .

Radio shack sells sets of very small nut drivers at reasonable cost.

Already checked Radio Shack. They have 3 or 4 precision nut drivers in a 16
piece Jeweler's Driver Set for $11, but the nut drivers are standard, not
metric. Sears also sells a set, or individual drivers, they are standard as
well.

The only metric precision nutdriver I could find was on a Google search - a
complete set - the Weha 8 piece for $35. That's more than I want to spend
so I can tweak the azimuth on a piece of gear I seldom use anymore.

Will

Per Stromgren

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:31:51 GMT, "William Norman"
wrote:

Already checked Radio Shack. They have 3 or 4 precision nut drivers in a 16
piece Jeweler's Driver Set for $11, but the nut drivers are standard, not
metric.

Interesting use of the word "standard" when viewed from here...

Per Stromgren,
Sweden.

Don Pearce

wrote:

Already checked Radio Shack. They have 3 or 4 precision nut drivers in a 16
piece Jeweler's Driver Set for $11, but the nut drivers are standard, not
metric.

Interesting use of the word "standard" when viewed from here...

Per Stromgren,
Sweden.

Just that some people can't bring themselves to use the term
"Imperial". Too much baggage!

_____________________________

http://www.pearce.uk.com

Sofie

Will:
Welcome to the world of repair..... obviously if you want to fix it you
have to invest in the proper tools.
If, as you said it is a "one shot" repair and you don't want to spend the
money for the tools that will never be used again then you might be best
advised to take it to a properly equipped repair shop with not only the
proper nut-driver but also a high quality precision audio cassette alignment
tape, test equipment, repair experience, etc.....
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

snipped: