Soundfreak03

Default CAPACITORS good inexexpensive?

does any one know what company makes good inexpensive 1 farad CAPACITORs and
where I can order them from?
Thanx

This topic has been covered numerous times, so do a google search. But I think
good sound advice is If it aint broke dont fix it.

Les

Paul Maxson

X-No-Archive:yes

Lighting Audio or any brands will do his Google advice was a good one.

http://tinyurl.com/hrun

http://tinyurl.com/hrur

The general consensus here is that they are a waste of money and come up
here as a topic
twice a day starting long threads and debates. I use 2 farads anyways :-)

I just ran a Google search using the term capacitor for this group only and
it goes
all the way back to 1993! Happy Reading! http://tinyurl.com/hruw

~«©¿©»~

http://home.comcast.net/~wegetourmai...ome.html-.html
No. Try not.
Do or do not, there is no try.
Max

"SmilingSinner" wrote in message
does any one know what company makes good inexpensive 1 farad CAPACITORs

and
where I can order them from?
Thanx

Soundfreak03

Google search what? I Was asking for personal experiance, with brands and
where people purchased. And in this situation If what ain't broke?

Google search for Capacitors in this group. You will find hours worth of
reading.
Why do you want a cap? If there is nothing wrong with your system then dont fix
it. If your wanting one because thats what people buy then dont get one. If you
think it will improve your bass dramatically then dont get one, Headlight
dimming? Ask Mark he can tell you how to fix that cheaply and quickly.
The point is a cap does not really do what the manufacture and CC RoadShop guys
say they do. It is Usually a bandaid to a bigger problem.

Les
SmilingSinner

The reason I want one is because we are putting in a ppi 2600 on my subs
saturday and my friend who sold me the amp and is doing the installs in my
car while I learn said that without it his dodge neon running that amp and
two other amps (I will also be running a jl 300/4) was having the
headlights dimmed badly and even slowing down the engine till he got a cap -
unfotunately the he can't sell me the one his was running as it was
destroyed when hisjl's were stolen outside a club in southeast- at any rate
our systems are similiar and I was going on his advice and that of his guy
at myer emco since I'm new to all this car stuff- It's a hell of alot to
take in and so much more work to make audio quality and stability than home
stereo which I've always done.
thanx for all the help

"Soundfreak03" wrote in message
Google search what? I Was asking for personal experiance, with brands and
where people purchased. And in this situation If what ain't broke?

Google search for Capacitors in this group. You will find hours worth of
reading.
Why do you want a cap? If there is nothing wrong with your system then

dont fix
it. If your wanting one because thats what people buy then dont get one.

If you
think it will improve your bass dramatically then dont get one, Headlight
dimming? Ask Mark he can tell you how to fix that cheaply and quickly.
The point is a cap does not really do what the manufacture and CC RoadShop

guys
say they do. It is Usually a bandaid to a bigger problem.

Les

Paul Maxson

X-No-Archive:yes

I read once they (caps) all come out of 1 of 3 different factories and then
Brands
put their own labels on them. Not sure if it's true or not. Electronically
a generic would work just as well as a Phoenix Gold for instance but if
you are asking me where to buy a generic I honestly don't know.

My opinion on the issue is that it's your car your stereo if you want one
and
can afford it get one it can't hurt. Everyone told me not to get one and I
got two :-)
I think they add to the looks of a clean install if anything.

L8tr!
~«©¿©»~

thanks I'll do some reading If I go with one- what about generics
"Paul Maxson" wrote in message
X-No-Archive:yes

Lighting Audio or any brands will do his Google advice was a good one.

http://tinyurl.com/hrun

http://tinyurl.com/hrur

The general consensus here is that they are a waste of money and come up
here as a topic
twice a day starting long threads and debates. I use 2 farads anyways

:-)

I just ran a Google search using the term capacitor for this group only

and
it goes
all the way back to 1993! Happy Reading! http://tinyurl.com/hruw

~«©¿©»~

http://home.comcast.net/~wegetourmai...ome.html-.html
No. Try not.
Do or do not, there is no try.
Max

"SmilingSinner" wrote in message
does any one know what company makes good inexpensive 1 farad

CAPACITORs
and
where I can order them from?
Thanx

Soundfreak03

The reason I want one is because we are putting in a ppi 2600 on my subs
saturday and my friend who sold me the amp and is doing the installs in my
car while I learn said that without it his dodge neon running that amp and
two other amps (I will also be running a jl 300/4) was having the
headlights dimmed badly and even slowing down the engine till he got a cap -

Are your headlights dimming badly?
and if it was slowing down the engine then there were more serious problems at
hand.
The cap was likely a bandaid to a bigger problem. I would drive with your setup
for a while and see what, if any, problems you have. If it is merely headlight
dimming then get in touch with Mark Z and he can tell you how to fix that, I
dont remember the numbers on those caps. IF there are more serious issues then
a better solution is always better battery or bigger alternator of heck even
both.
But either way do a google search and youll have plenty of reading to do. HTH

Les